DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

FOF: Which WoT character (Book or TV) would you like to Bond, and why?

Ryrin

• RP - PLAYER

I'd like to bond Egwene from show, because of er, important Amyrlin reasons, and absolutely not because I have a schoolboy crush on her. At my age that would just be silly. 

From the books, Asmodean - definitely. Don't really understand the reason why, but I have always been fascinated by him. I think I can really relate to choosing immortality to see how music will evolve and to experience it all, despite not really being into that music. But the idea of being see history unfold as a reason itself seems so seductive. Tragedy that he was snuffed out due to a plotline that was not even used... Always, my favourite characters, lol.

1 hour ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

I'd like to bond Egwene from show, because of er, important Amyrlin reasons, and absolutely not because I have a schoolboy crush on her. At my age that would just be silly. 

From the books, Asmodean - definitely. Don't really understand the reason why, but I have always been fascinated by him. I think I can really relate to choosing immortality to see how music will evolve and to experience it all, despite not really being into that music. But the idea of being see history unfold as a reason itself seems so seductive. Tragedy that he was snuffed out due to a plotline that was not even used... Always, my favourite characters, lol.

Oh, I think it’s really interesting that you would want to bond Asmodean. Compelling character and maybe we all want to experience our dark side. 😉

5 hours ago, Ryrin said:

I’ve always really liked Gareth Bryne. I found his description attractive. Even more so, he was a principled man, talented warrior and loyal friend. He treated people with respect no matter their position. 

Saaame. Of all of them, his sense of honor was one of my favorite parts of him. 

Rhuarc. There is both wisdom and depth to him, and to me at least, there is a definite warmth that he only allows those closest to him to see. I would really love that bond. 🤍

And really, Juilin. He is useful and loyal in the extreme. :biggrin:

• RP - PLAYER

I'm glad to see I am not the only one with schoolboy crushes - though I would just like to clarify that I don't mean for the actor's (admittedly very) pretty face, but for the character, the mannerisms, the aura. I also only realised recently that part of how awesome she is comes from her not using her hands for weaves, so she has that cool squaring of her shoulders and intense facial expressions. And that comes from not the desire to be different or better, but from her first channeling coming when she was tied to a chair and the knowledge that Whitecloaks will remove her hands if they catch her. So it is all tied into her character, and her arc. There are some things the show just does so well, and Egwene is one of them 🥰

6 hours ago, Delenn said:

Rhuarc. There is both wisdom and depth to him, and to me at least, there is a definite warmth that he only allows those closest to him to see. I would really love that bond. 🤍

And really, Juilin. He is useful and loyal in the extreme. :biggrin:

OMW girl, get outa my head! LMAO ... I was just trying to decide which on of those 2 I'd go for 😄

1 hour ago, Thom DeSimone said:

Perrin 100% TV show Perrin specifically. Marcus is amazing-looking. He lacks many of the book Perrin's toxic traits, is more realistic and Perrin in general cause he comes with many furry friends all with noses desperately in need of booping. 

*Nods nods nods*

Though now I'm thinking ... I would LOVE TV show Aviendha as a Warder!

On 12/23/2023 at 12:53 AM, Ryrin said:

I really can’t think of any dark characters I’d want to bond. Change my mind! 

TV Liandrin fo sho. Her drives in the show are SLIGHTLY more redeemable. I still attest she only "Went to the dark to save her son" For selfish reasons. She wanted him alive for what it meant for her, his wants and feelings not really considered. But I think she has more a redeemable arch than Book version. 

Also Kate is amazeballs.  

With the dark characters I figure you might as well go big as they say. 😇This is with the idea I held the bond, not them. lol 

I would say Ishamael ~ for his intelligence and his raw power. Maybe it's the White in me but I think having conversations on the esoteric nature of the Wheel and the Power, Light and Dark, etc. would be fascinating. And from a book perspective a Warder bond is partly about the Gaidin protecting his AS, so being as strong as Ishamael would be a plus. 

Along the same lines would be Lanfear, I mean if you are bonding evil, you're probably evil right? Her level of devotion is impressive without a bond, and the most beautiful woman ever...? Plus her strength in the Dream and illusions, along with her cleverness.

Would I be evil enough myself to bond them both.... ? 😉🤍

• 2 weeks later...

oh man. If we're goin with favorite characters I have to go with my boy, Bayle. I like Robin Hood type characters. Laws are made to be broken so long as you help people. Plus, one of my favorite things about him is the depth of character shown when he talks about the reasons for why he captains a ship. It's for all the strange and wonderful things he gets to see and his collection of curiosities. Then there's Egeanin who was willin to throw ALL to the wind for love. She also kicks ass, so, that's awesome. oh, and Leane. Would definitely bond her. For all the reasons you're thinkin.