DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Season 2 Episode 7: Daes Dae'Mar

SinisterDeath

9 hours ago, DreadLord31 said:

Oh. I just had a season finale cold open idea sooo good… if there are an Amazon ppl on here that lurk, bring this to Rafe as evidence I could be useful! 😉 

Ok. Opening scene of Finale. 
Lews and Ishy are playing a board game, Go maybe or a Chess-like game, Ishy makes a move & smirks. He says, “I win again Lews Therin.” 

Lews laughs. 
Lanfear is standing behind Lews scowling. Then you hard- cut to Lanfear taking them through the ways. 

Come on. That’s gold! Riiight??? 

The game should be Chutes and Ladders, or maybe Hungry, Hungry Hippo, but otherwise I agree.

4 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Okay had to correct this one. One keen eyed reader noticed that in S1E7 there's snow only in the mountain. Explains why Tam told in his fever dreams he "had to get out of the heat of battle". Kudos to show once again

image.thumb.png.39118ee1e40192d5aad4e76dcee23ca9.png

That is a good catch to that viewer.  I had assumed that was the case, just snowy on the mountain slopes but I had never had confirmation.

On 9/29/2023 at 6:20 PM, king of nowhere said:

you still haven't told me how you think they put the grey dress on ryma, or how they are going to keep the cloth from fraying and decaying over decades, or how they can avoid the damane from getting pressure ulcers, or parasites, or other kind of wounds under the collar, that could infect and be deadly if not treated - which they cannot treat because there is a collar in the way and seanchan don't know healing

Just like how they showed how Liandrin sneaked 3 unconscious tower students past guards, other sisters, and the like to get them to a waygate.  Just show the sul’dam in a grey dress in the scene she needs it.  Just like you don’t show our cast using the privy or eating breakfast.

49 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Just like how they showed how Liandrin sneaked 3 unconscious tower students past guards, other sisters, and the like to get them to a waygate.  Just show the sul’dam in a grey dress in the scene she needs it.  Just like you don’t show our cast using the privy or eating breakfast.

Lan and the tree. Alanna and her pomegranates. they have time for that, so show us all the other stuff....

11 hours ago, Finnssss22 said:

My cold open guess involves a little cheating from casting leaks. I'll put a spoiler tag in so don't click if you don't want to know.

Reveal hidden contents

It's probably a long shot but it's based on the premise that Rand and Turok will have their sword fight.

The cold open will indeed be LTT (already confirmed by leaks that he appears in e8) but it will him and Sammael (There's one actor left whose role has not been revealed yet who is the perfect Sammy) sword fighting where Sammy gets his scar.

There is then some LTT/Rand memory spillover that allows Rand to beat Turok.

I like your idea but I bet you the unnamed actor is Arthur Hawkwing & that’s who Rand, in the trailer, says “Who are you?” to. 

Its being pretty nit picky but the show just got the green fields and spring dress by Siuan and Moraine wrong.  I assume because they wanted a light mood while they flirted.

Aiel war ended in winter.  Rand was born in roughly December.  Tar Valon is fairly far north in Westlands.  Sure there may not be snow in lowlands but that grass would be almost all brown.  At top of White Tower it would be quite chilly even on a sunny day.  In New Spring Lan's last battle before Aiel withdrew it was very cold.  When Mo and Siuan went out to collect birth info it was very cold.  Not a big deal but an error.

8 hours ago, Scarloc99 said:

I agree with you and I think it shows the issue with 8 episode seasons and just how much story needs to be compacted into them. 

It's a tough task, but I'd rather the writers not use dialogue from the books if they have not provided context/meaning. It sounds silly without context.

Lan tells Rand to use Cat Crosses the Courtyard. Casual viewers ask - what...and why?

At least two references in Episode 7 to the Dragon Reborn fulfilling prophecy in the skies above Falme, but do casual viewers have any idea what is being quoted? Or why? Does having two Aes Sedai say the same thing a few minutes apart make it better? This could have been better handled by just displaying the text from the Karaethon Cycle at the opening of the episode without comment. Seriously, my dudes, show me, don't tell me. Or at least don't keep telling me.

2 minutes ago, Chivalry said:

It's a tough task, but I'd rather the writers not use dialogue from the books if they have not provided context/meaning. It sounds silly without context.

Lan tells Rand to use Cat Crosses the Courtyard. Casual viewers ask - what...and why?

At least two references in Episode 7 to the Dragon Reborn fulfilling prophecy in the skies above Falme, but do casual viewers have any idea what is being quoted? Or why? Does having two Aes Sedai say the same thing a few minutes apart make it better? This could have been better handled by just displaying the text from the Karaethon Cycle at the opening of the episode without comment. Seriously, my dudes, show me, don't tell me. Or at least don't keep telling me.

I was thinking about the cycle.  I loved all the prophecy in books.  Having some prophecy read over the season 1 intro would have been nice or a crawl of prophecy somewhere.  or just put a bunch in the xray as blocks of text.

Forgive me if this was discussed earlier, I’ve read through much but not all of the threads. I’m trying to figure out why a gentled logain could see the weaves on moiraine (it appears he can see the weaves from Rands channeling as well) but Rand had to embrace the source in order to see ishys weaves on moiraine). Or am I misunderstanding/misinterpreting/misremembering the situation? I thought once someone was gentled or stilled that they could no longer see weaves but admittedly I might have made an erroneous assumption 

Edited by Lightfriendsocialmistress

• RP - PLAYER
6 minutes ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

Forgive me if this was discussed earlier, I’ve read through much but not all of the threads. I’m trying to figure out why a gentled logain could see the weaves on moiraine (it appears he can see the weaves from Rands channeling as well) but Rand had to embrace the source in order to see ishys weaves on moiraine). Or am I misunderstanding/misinterpreting/misremembering the situation?

I think the show is playing rather loose with who can see what in terms of weaves. While I may be dumbing it down a bit, it seems to me that the idea is that everyone can see everything, unless the show tells you otherwise. Of course now perhaps the male/female division has been put in place, and I think I saw somewhere that damage weaves, I suppose weaves of fire and so are visible to all, but indirect weaves were not visible (though not sure where this information came from). For the difference between Logain and Rand, I think they are just playing on the concept of Logain being the self-taught master and Rand being the beginner-in-denial rather than making any actual distinction in ability.

Then again I have shown that I am not exactly keeping up with the show's plot so far, so maybe that is just a bunch of rubbish I have typed 🙂 

9 hours ago, Cipher said:

Really. 

It's not difficult for characters to use the privy or have breakfast. It's not difficult for liandrin, inside a secret passage and possibly with dozens of accomplices, to sneak unconscious people around. In the relevant thread, people have given a half dozen possible suggestions.

You, instead, keep evading my questions. I think you are arguing in bad faith, and has been for a while

50 minutes ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

I think the show is playing rather loose with who can see what in terms of weaves. While I may be dumbing it down a bit, it seems to me that the idea is that everyone can see everything, unless the show tells you otherwise. Of course now perhaps the male/female division has been put in place, and I think I saw somewhere that damage weaves, I suppose weaves of fire and so are visible to all, but indirect weaves were not visible (though not sure where this information came from). For the difference between Logain and Rand, I think they are just playing on the concept of Logain being the self-taught master and Rand being the beginner-in-denial rather than making any actual distinction in ability.

Then again I have shown that I am not exactly keeping up with the show's plot so far, so maybe that is just a bunch of rubbish I have typed 🙂 

Logain has a Talent. Same as the damane girl

8 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

Logain has a Talent. Same as the damane girl

Thank you for sharing your certainty that it’s all connected to his talent. I considered that as a possibility but didn’t feel certain because I couldn’t recall if the ability to channel was connected to the ability to access the talent. Additionally, iirc, his talent in the show was to identify other men who could channel but I didn’t know if that was the same thing as being able to see their weaves even after being gentled. Appreciate the clarification. 

1 hour ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

Sarah or Rafe said that in the TV show seeing the ability and power levels is a talent that can be held by men and women (and both can see that men and women have the ability I believe, hence Logain could see Nynaeve was channeling, just not how powerfully). I think they have also decided that a talent is not linked to the ability to channel so someone could be stilled and still have a talent that does not require channeling. 

1 hour ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

In the recent interviews this was clarified that certain channelers (not all) can detect the ability to channel in others as an innate talent, The Damane that points at people is one, Logain is another. They cant see the weaves or what is being chnneled by someone of the opposite sex but they do see that channeling is happening, and how much, by seeing a bright white glow that increases in intensity based on the power levels involved. 

1 hour ago, Guire said:

That was my assumption also. so even stilled he could see weaves.  wonder if show is using his talent to include seeing Nyn's healing in season 1?

Logain saw visible effects of the weaves. Not the weaves themselves

57 minutes ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

I was wondering if the bond between lan and moiraine was reestablished now that she can access the source 

Yes, though it was always there

56 minutes ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

Is yassica the same actress who was Cho Chang?

Yes

53 minutes ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

When mo and siuan are talking about the dream of retiring to a bamboo hut, I’m guessing that explains the locale of their special place from season one?

Likely