DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

30 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

@Clovdyx was curious about your thoughts on this.

I don't have any thoughts on it.   If you're asking whether I believe he believes I'd try to push you if I'm mafia, I'm sure he does; I'm not sure he thinks there's anyone I wouldn't be willing to mislynch (maaaaybe one person).  If you're asking whether I think town!AJ thinks mafia!me is good enough to make an unexpected move, yeah, I'm a rampant narcissist but at least in this instance the last (only?) time I was mafia against him it went pretty poorly.  

12 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

I will keep doin my thing, keep doing yours and I'm sure it'll all shake out fine (AKA we're gonna lose to Clov)

Hey now!  You mean you guys are going to lose to me again! 

I mean, uh, erm, what? I'm town.

Am I wrong to bigkirbythonk that comment by Hallia about me always seeming town?  I feel she's one of the non-Dice people that expresses concern about me the most if I'm honest, especially if you discount "Chris seems townie but could be fooling me".  Which I absolutely love about her.

56 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

"covr for" = vote for. Autocorrect, you're drunk! 

As for my reads.

Darthe is reading very Vader to me. The agressive posting makes me think he's trying to hard to be town. 

Verbal is probably some special role.

Hallia, and LeeLou feel like they could be a murder duo. 

Hmm

2 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

I think you and maybe only you will understand exactly why my mind went to Spirited Away specifically (a game where Hally was pretty feisty as a wolf and fooled a lot of the game... and was encouraged to play feistier / stand up for herself more by a certain wolf partner...)

But this may just be some unresolved trauma bubbling to the surface 😛

😇 When have I ever lied to you 

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

I don't have any thoughts on it.   If you're asking whether I believe he believes I'd try to push you if I'm mafia, I'm sure he does; I'm not sure he thinks there's anyone I wouldn't be willing to mislynch (maaaaybe one person).  If you're asking whether I think town!AJ thinks mafia!me is good enough to make an unexpected move, yeah, I'm a rampant narcissist but at least in this instance the last (only?) time I was mafia against him it went pretty poorly.  

Hey now!  You mean you guys are going to lose to me again! 

I mean, uh, erm, what? I'm town.

Am I wrong to bigkirbythonk that comment by Hallia about me always seeming town?  I feel she's one of the non-Dice people that expresses concern about me the most if I'm honest, especially if you discount "Chris seems townie but could be fooling me".  Which I absolutely love about her.

Tbh isn't this what I said, just in another way?  I said you seem towny to me, as per usual and that I wouldn't know it if you weren't, which is the same as you could be fooling me?

4 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Also am I the unreasonable one that thinks what SD about saying who you think is a PR is not good?  That's info that potentially helps wolves hunt

I don't think you're unreasonable or wrong, it can potentially help the wolves (if you're right and the wolves think you're right too)

Personally I just don't feel like it says much about SD's alignment

3 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

I think you and maybe only you will understand exactly why my mind went to Spirited Away specifically (a game where Hally was pretty feisty as a wolf and fooled a lot of the game... and was encouraged to play feistier / stand up for herself more by a certain wolf partner...)

But this may just be some unresolved trauma bubbling to the surface 😛

Hally and I have had some great scum games together, no doubt. We aren’t scum this game 🙂 at least not me.

Unless you’re prepared to say feistiness is only a wolf trait for her then I kinda don’t see the point unless it’s to say I’m wrong to thinking it could be positive instead of NAI

3 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Was this the last game you and i played here where you and BFG were teammates and me, aj, and zander wanted to yeet her and you wouldn't let us?

• Community Administrator
2 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

It's not unreasonable, but SD's response reads to me like they don't even know that what they did was wrong (if they did, they wouldn't be questioning the vote).  so idk, it feels weird.

This is like my 5th? Mafia game in my nearly ~20 years here on DM. 

Whatever you all think is the status quo of tactics, mean nothing to me.

I'll wait until day 2 to explain further about my Verbal Hunch. 

6 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Also am I the unreasonable one that thinks what SD about saying who you think is a PR is not good?  That's info that potentially helps wolves hunt

IDK if you wanted Cory's take, specifically, or this was a general question but Imma answer it anyway.

I think it is incredibly detrimental to post your guesses for power roles in the gamethread.  I think doing something that hurts the town is inherently pro-mafia.  Unless someone is trying to use that to stop what they believe is a mislynch, town has very little reason to offer up that kind of information.

Doing something that hurts town doesn't make someone mafia, and if your concerned mafia could use the information he offered up, that would mean he's almost assuredly not mafia himself.  Unless mafia can't communicate during the day and one is worried they won't make it past EoD1, there's really not any incentive for scum to openly wolf like that.

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

This is like my 5th? Mafia game in my nearly ~20 years here on DM. 

Whatever you all think is the status quo of tactics, mean nothing to me.

I'll wait until day 2 to explain further about my Verbal Hunch. 

Is it really only you're 5th?  For some reason I thought you were seasoned, I'm willing to have it be much less of an indicator with that info

1 minute ago, Cory Caboose said:

1d7cbe3d-ad57-41c1-8495-0ae4bdc35382_tex

😄

Ilybb

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Hmm

💔

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Same. That post isn’t sitting right.

I do love how I always read me as wolf.

To bad this doesn't have the "tanner" role, I'd win Day 1. Lmao

2 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

IDK if you wanted Cory's take, specifically, or this was a general question but Imma answer it anyway.

I think it is incredibly detrimental to post your guesses for power roles in the gamethread.  I think doing something that hurts the town is inherently pro-mafia.  Unless someone is trying to use that to stop what they believe is a mislynch, town has very little reason to offer up that kind of information.

Doing something that hurts town doesn't make someone mafia, and if your concerned mafia could use the information he offered up, that would mean he's almost assuredly not mafia himself.  Unless mafia can't communicate during the day and one is worried they won't make it past EoD1, there's really not any incentive for scum to openly wolf like that.

And I have no idea what that means for either of your alignments, but I'm fine seeing where you both go from here atp.

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

It was to anyone who would respond and ty for the insight!  I felt much the same, and with the additional info from SD you're probably right

For now,

UNVOTE

2 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Is it really only you're 5th?  For some reason I thought you were seasoned, I'm willing to have it be much less of an indicator with that info

Yeah, I had like 3 games a decade+ ago, but username bias meant I always got lynched within the first 2 days 

2 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Unless you’re prepared to say feistiness is only a wolf trait for her then I kinda don’t see the point unless it’s to say I’m wrong to thinking it could be positive instead of NAI

Nah, mostly I just felt the read was lazy for you specifically because I feel you know her really well. I did like your response to my post so I'm gonna let it all simmer and think elsewhere for a bit

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

💔

I do love how I always read me as wolf.

To bad this doesn't have the "tanner" role, I'd win Day 1. Lmao

Stupid autocorrect!

I do love how y'all always*

6 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

Was this the last game you and i played here where you and BFG were teammates and me, aj, and zander wanted to yeet her and you wouldn't let us?

Pretty sure I’ve only seen Chris wolf twice and he won both times. One was a game I was modding and the other was the one you’re talking about where we lynched BFG and I lock cleared Chris for it 😞 

38 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Going a bit more in-depth on @Hallia and maybe more specifically how I feel about how others are reading her so far

My thoughts on Hallia

First off, just so this post doesn't give the immediate wrong impression: I am not making this post because I think Hallia is a wolf or because I'm encouraging anyone to vote her. I have her null but she's been present in the game and when we are v/v we can typically get on the same page and there is plenty of time for that.

I am making this post because she has been trending onto a more [consensus] light-green list as we move closer to EOD1 and it kind of freaks me out. I'll go through each player's progression on her to illustrate and comment on the read itself, might be useful now or later, idk.

On why it's probably freaking me out - I feel like I'm a pretty good Hally reader and while I'm not concerned about her posting so far there's also nothing that makes me feel like she's more likely than rand to be a villager. She's got the "good vibes" going on but I feel that's just an indicator she's happy to be playing the game which may or may not have anything to do with her alignment. A

Most of her content this game has been social or only tangentially game-related (again, not a concern on day 1, but if the winning mixture for Hallia is good vibes + inner thought process we're lacking the latter itt) with her most direct game-focused post being some mild pushback to Tripped asking Leelou to explain a read on her.

Other people's reads on Hallia

Leelou - earlygame posting was 'decent' (p6) --> 'early still but she seems chill' (p7) in response to Tripped - mild town read

Zander - "villagery thus far" + "gets easier to read as we progress some" (p8)

(Both of these seemed fine to me as an early game 'vibe check' based on Hallia's disposition)

AJ - "Hally has natural flow" + "no bad vibes there" (p13)

(Honestly am stuck a bit on this one. I feel like AJ would be a bit more cautious with Hallia than most of this roster considering he's seen firsthand some of Hallia's stronger wolf games. I could see this being w/v *because hallia is unlikely to be a mislynch target if she's getting townread by a lot of the game* or w/w treatment *because AJ is a true team player as a wolf and will extend himself to protect teammates and help reinforce their standing*)

@whiskey delta do you think i'm being fair/unfair on thinking its weird? is there something itt from hallia that you think is really only likely to come from her as a villager?

Tripped - "mostly okay with leelou, hallia, mostly darthe"

(No issue with this read, seems mostly based on the meta-conversation around hallia and some light experience with her)

Darthe - "has Hally high" but doesn't want to explain

(Fine, would be more concerned if he gave some nebulous reasoning for the read tbh)

@Hallia have any of the mild townreads thrown your way seem off or lazy fypov?

This is unique, I don’t think I’ve seen a post where someone was concerned about a consensus read development and looked at the reads of the player group.  It’s bound to be majority town given how mafia works, so what are you looking for?    

fwiw I disagree about AJ, This game state hasn’t given anyone a reason to be cautious so I can see some looser reads coming out, especially since he isn’t an especially cautious player.  

also, no one asked me about my hally  read.  I can explain.  She had a hard time starting as a wolf in the past, and here she has had an easy start.  Also, loved her posts last night, that was reinforcing for me.