DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 7 Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

3 minutes ago, flinn said:

Let's not be ridiculous. 10's of thousands of people could have killed his mother, it does not have to be Tam.

I seriously wonder about the morals of some of the people who post here.

Except the earlier trailer showing the 9 bees on the breastplate shows these are Illianer companions and the third soldier in the background looks very Tam like.

19 minutes ago, flinn said:

Go tell your adoptive son that you were the one who killed his mother and see how he takes it...

Let's not be ridiculous. 10's of thousands of people could have killed his mother, it does not have to be Tam.

No one said they want it to happen, a think it would be a drastic change, but those are Illanier Companions so it's a possibility one of them might be Tam.

1 hour ago, bringbackthomsmoustache said:
Spoiler

Except Far Derais Mai are definitively non-combatants during a pregnancy (Aiel standards) - Shaiel was pushing it even remaining west of the dragonwall.  If this is supposed to be her fighting it is just wrong.

Spoiler

Except the whole issue is that she DID defy custom and was out there fighting.

Ugh... I can just see it happening now (Tam killing her) and they'll use it to justify Rand's upbringing to never harm a woman... 

Reasonable? Ugh, yeah.

Desired? Hell no. 

Just have him see she's pregnant, yell NO to his colleagues a split second before they stab her (she kills them). He convinces her to let him help deliver the baby before she dies.

Before the wheel pooped me out again, I was clearly a screen writer ?

4 hours ago, flinn said:

Go tell your adoptive son that you were the one who killed his mother and see how he takes it...

You compared it to Perrin killing his wife. And you are saying it would have been something immoral? 

Psychological impact on Rand is a different question

1 minute ago, Ralph said:

You compared it to Perrin killing his wife. And you are saying it would have been something immoral? 

Psychological impact on Rand is a different question

In most cultures killing a pregnant woman would be a major taboo (yes even in self defense and in some cases even if unaware).  In some cases even killing pregnant livestock is anathema.  For instance capital punishment is/was usually automatically commuted to imprisonment for pregnant women (she could "plead her belly" in general speech).  

58 minutes ago, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

In most cultures killing a pregnant woman would be a major taboo (yes even in self defense and in some cases even if unaware).

Is that comparable to WoT universe and actual war? I see nothing wrong with it in that situation. If a pregnant woman is fighting, she has taken a conscious risk and should be ready to pay the price.

That being said, I would have tried to save her life unless my own was in serious risk. I would torment myself for the rest of my life. I guess she will be stabbed/slashed from behind.

There is absolutely no need to have Tam kill her. 

Any changes from the books have to have a narrative reason. There is already huge ramifications to that whole scene for the entire story, there is no need to add in "And Tam is the one that killed her!" outside of gratuitous drama in my opinion. It would fundamentally alter Rand's entire journey in grappling with his identity if he was aware of that. 

So it could actually have some complexity. Remember Tam won his sword by defeating another in his company who 'needed to die'.  I doubt we'll have much time, unfortunately, for all that, but having conflict between him and his 'peers' and having him dealing with the consequences (and then going AWOL) could certainly occur.

Man if Tam does end up stabbing Rand's mother I will be on the forum in seconds to read the comments.  That will be some fun reading.  I still hope the third one running up is Tam, but he comes just a bit late after she is struck down and they don't actually have him harm Rand's mom.  But if they do go the way of Perin and his wife, the forum is going to be fun.

56 minutes ago, fra85uk said:

Fascinating lady in her earlier 40s.

She certainly does look a lot older than early to mid 20's. Of course it could just be the lighting.    She looks nothing like how I always imagined her.  Short brown hair, round face.  A bit pixyish.   But whatever.  I am getting used to the idea that things will not be as I imagined them.