DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 7 Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

On 12/10/2021 at 3:11 PM, WheelofJuke said:

But some may be beginning to feel the best thing for WoT and RJ's legacy is to shut it down...?

On 12/10/2021 at 3:31 PM, Elder_Haman said:

I'm really getting frustrated with people who believe they have more standing to speak to "RJ's legacy" than his wife/editor.

It's cool to me that they believe this.  But why do they need to keep telling me?

Tam will have a fever dream scene that will include flashbacks of Rands birth at dragonmount.  Ishamael will invade everyone's dreams and we will hear him speak for the 1st time.  

One odd thing is apparently Agelmar isn't in this season?  I'm curious how long they are in Fal Dara before they head to the Eye.  Apparently no green man unfortunately, but hope I'm wrong.  

One of the most beautiful moments of EoTW was Loials treesinging.  They probably ripped that out of the plot unfortunately with no green man. Since everything is so different it will hard to predict.  However, there must be impending trolloc invasion right when all this happens so that is probably why Agelmar won't be in the keep.

The other question is if the horn of valere will appear at the eye.  I have no idea since the Eye is not the same Eye of the  books.

1 hour ago, Pandemonium said:

<snip>

One odd thing is apparently Agelmar isn't in this season?  I'm curious how long they are in Fal Dara before they head to the Eye. 

Hollywood reality strikes; the actor they had originally hired for Agelmar got a much better gig, so they had to recast. But instead of causing confusion with an actor switch, they're causing it with a character switch, as Lord Yakota is in season 1, and Agelmar in season 2

Oh, and for the record, if the Green Man is complete CGI, there won't be an actor credit to show up in  IMDB, assuming they're not just sitting on it., or the actor is uncredited. To, you know, avoid IMDB driven spoilers.

I think the next two episodes will be critical for me for the rest of the series. Because so many characters, plotlines, and epic moments hinge around the conflict at the Eye. The Seals (Logain's arc), The Horn and the Banner (Elayne, Mat, even Faile's) , The Forsaken (5,8,13? Just people, or demigods?) , The Dragon Reborn. Even the epic-ness of the conflict at the Eye itself as a way to show the audience just how much is at stake, and how outmatched our heroes are.

IMO, the decisions they've made so far have been reordering the cards in the deck, but fundamentally all 52 are still there. Depending on the next 2 hours, though, we could lose some really important cards of the deck, increasing the likelihood of losing many more.

OR NOT...we may still get the exact climax of the Eye of the World, and everyone but Mat right where they should be at the end of the first novel.  And if they deliver the end of the novel, we were be much more able to say "Trust them"

4 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

Hollywood reality strikes; the actor they had originally hired for Agelmar got a much better gig, so they had to recast. But instead of causing confusion with an actor switch, they're causing it with a character switch, as Lord Yakota is in season 1, and Agelmar in season 2

That's Ingtar

7 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

Incorrect. Agelmar is in S1. “Lord Yakota” was originally cast as Ingtar. Ingtar will not appear now until S2. 

7 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

Oh, and for the record, if the Green Man is complete CGI, there won't be an actor credit to show up in  IMDB, assuming they're not just sitting on it., or the actor is uncredited. To, you know, avoid IMDB driven spoilers.

I think the next two episodes will be critical for me for the rest of the series. Because so many characters, plotlines, and epic moments hinge around the conflict at the Eye. The Seals (Logain's arc), The Horn and the Banner (Elayne, Mat, even Faile's) , The Forsaken (5,8,13? Just people, or demigods?) , The Dragon Reborn. Even the epic-ness of the conflict at the Eye itself as a way to show the audience just how much is at stake, and how outmatched our heroes are.

IMO, the decisions they've made so far have been reordering the cards in the deck, but fundamentally all 52 are still there. Depending on the next 2 hours, though, we could lose some really important cards of the deck, increasing the likelihood of losing many more.

OR NOT...we may still get the exact climax of the Eye of the World, and everyone but Mat right where they should be at the end of the first novel.  And if they deliver the end of the novel, we were be much more able to say "Trust them"

I hope Someshta is there, but even if he is completely CGI there would normally be a credit for the voice actor, unless Someshta simply never speaks.   But you are also potentially right that they didn't put that in for now to avoid spoilers for the book fans.   I've also seen that done when there is going to be some stunt casting in shows that producers want to be a surprise.  I guess we will see. 

My fear with the way they are doing the Eye is that I have heard a potential spoiler that would completely change at least one major plot point going forward.   I really hope what I heard is wrong.   

1 hour ago, Yojimbo said:

I hope Someshta is there, but even if he is completely CGI there would normally be a credit for the voice actor, unless Someshta simply never speaks.   But you are also potentially right that they didn't put that in for now to avoid spoilers for the book fans.   I've also seen that done when there is going to be some stunt casting in shows that producers want to be a surprise.  I guess we will see. 

My fear with the way they are doing the Eye is that I have heard a potential spoiler that would completely change at least one major plot point going forward.   I really hope what I heard is wrong.   

And that's why the next two are critical for me. the last 2 episodes were really heavily protected from a spoiler perspective, so I'm going to avoid as much speculation and maybes and I heard this'es until they air, and then judge them.  Especially since so much of the negative feedback about the show is basically people projecting what the changes that have been made so far "will mean" when we don't know. 

Our Heroes try to go back for Matt but when the gate opens they instead see Padan Fain andTrollocs waiting for them

They flee through the ways Padan fain and Trollocs at their heels.

Trollocs get defeated and Padan fain gets captured and interrogated in Fal Dara.

Padan fain reveals he had the Trollocs capture Matt and they are holding him hostage .Most Likely taking him to the Eyeof the world.

(This will be revealed to be a Lie.Padan Fain has figured out Rand is the Dragon and knows that Rand will DEFINITELY go to the Eye of the World. Matt's is being held Hostage in another Location.Rand will find Matt at Padan Fain's camp when he goes to get the Horn back from Padan Fain in season 2.)

The Focus on the Episode is our Heroes preparing to go to the Eye of the World.

and Ishmael getting ready at the Eye of the world to trap the Dragon

The Episode will have the Gitara Foretelling and Blood now Flashback

We also have Rand flashaback to Tam's Fever dream confirming Rand was born on Dragonmount.

Episode ends with the reveal  by Ishamael that the one who was born on DragonMount is the true Dragon. Revealling the Dragon is the Rand.

I would love to see Mat eating tray after tray of food in recovering from the dagger separation. A true highlight from the books. 

I think they will include this, but probably in the first episode or 2 of season 2. The quarter staff fight between Gawyn and Galad post healing is how they will be introduced to the TV audience. 

No idea how Mat gets reacquainted with Rand, et all or when and where he blows the horn. That’s got to be in there right? Although it hasn’t been mentioned at all up to this point so it’s appearance at the Eye isn’t going to have much significance to the TV audience unless it gets some airtime In episode 7.

On 12/10/2021 at 3:05 PM, Wolfbrother31 said:

#1. The Ways (obviously) : but to be consistent with their world and make it interesting we also want to get some Trollocs chasing them in the Ways (but now they'll need a DF channeler) ... So maybe in this next episode we find out that Liandrin is a DF. 

The Ways being openable by channeling doesn't mean they can't be opened other ways.

And they won't reveal Liandrin is a DF this early.

I'm going to spoiler tag this because it's from a Pike interview so not strictly predictions, and I don't want to mess with anyone's experience if they're avoiding them, but I imagine most of us can discuss and it's an interesting point to ponder before ep 7

Spoiler

Episode 7 (streaming Dec. 17) is maybe my favorite. We’re going to enter at least four worlds you’ve never seen yet in the show. You can guess what one is by the end of Episode 6. But then major parts of Robert Jordan’s imagination — whole other climates and worlds we’ve never seen — they advance the story, they advance the threat, they advance the tension. And also there are other concepts that open up. We suddenly realize “new concepts of time,” I would say. Playing on the idea of “The Wheel of Time.”

Do we think the four "worlds" are simply the Ways, the Borderlands, the Blight and the sanctuary of the Eye (whether with or without Someshta), or do we think we might go a bit more into alternate / parallel worlds here?

The talk of concepts of time makes me wonder if we introduce some ideas that go a bit further than just you live, you die, you get reborn. 

2 hours ago, DermidAjala said:

I'm going to spoiler tag this because it's from a Pike interview so not strictly predictions, and I don't want to mess with anyone's experience if they're avoiding them, but I imagine most of us can discuss and it's an interesting point to ponder before ep 7

Reveal hidden contents

Do we think the four "worlds" are simply the Ways, the Borderlands, the Blight and the sanctuary of the Eye (whether with or without Someshta), or do we think we might go a bit more into alternate / parallel worlds here?

The talk of concepts of time makes me wonder if we introduce some ideas that go a bit further than just you live, you die, you get reborn. 

Spoiler

I'd guess they are:

T'A'R

The Ways

Possibly a few 'flickers' to two parallel worlds.

The AoL may be a possibility as well.

Not a prediction for episode 7 but maybe 8, I think that the confrontation between Ishy and Rand will be more talky than combat while at the Eye.  

On 12/10/2021 at 4:06 PM, Arie said:

My one thought on the "shut it down" is that it is a selfish opinion that would literally take the joy others are having with the show to satisfy a personal opinion. If the books are something one prefers, read the books. If one likes both, let them enjoy both. 

Debates are fun and have existed in the series for as long as I can remember. It applies to every creative work. Removing that creative work robs joy from others, and that is not okay.

I actually really like this point. For the record, I don't like the show. I'm choosing not to watch it. I only know what's happening because I can't help but read the synopses. I think all of their changes are pretty terrible even if the reasons behind them are sound.

But if the show is making enough people happy that it is profitable, then keep it going. And maybe in 20 years someone whose vision of the series is closer to mine will try again.

Ok, my pre-teaser predictions:

I think this is the episode with the Blood Snow, and the Tam fever dream flashback.

I'm hoping we get a quick explanation of the Ways (how they were built, why they're spooky af) while we're in them. Like I said above, I also think their original planned exit will be Malkier before diverted to Fal Dara by ???. Probably get some Lan backstory hints as well.

Fal Dara! Actual Lan backstory! MIN!

Tarwin's Gap setup, presumably. I don't think we'll actually enter the Blight this episode but we might end just beforehand.

Oh, and we (the audience) learn who the Dragon Reborn is.

Edited by themann1086
spelling error fixed