DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 7 Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

Guest Wolfbrother31

Ok so here's what I think we're going to get next episode:

*Warning Full Spoilers*

#1. The Ways (obviously) : but to be consistent with their world and make it interesting we also want to get some Trollocs chasing them in the Ways (but now they'll need a DF channeler) ... So maybe in this next episode we find out that Liandrin is a DF. 

#2. We'll get a little more of what Fain was doing and he'll steal the dagger. Oh wait. Snap. I bet it's Fain that Liandrin is meeting & why she knows so much about what Moiraine was doing. 

#3. We'll get to the Borderlands and learn a little about the dire straights they're in & Borderlanders culture (and also that Lan is Borderlanders legend). 

#4. We'll get a little more set-up for the WT take-over that I'm predicting for the season finale! 

Guest Wolfbrother31

Let me add:

I think we're going to get the Dragon Reveal & Blood Snow this next episode actually! 

I think the EF5 are going to find out that Moiraine is willing to let them die to stop the D.O. 

I think Eg & Rand are gonna fight. 

I have a horrible feeling there will be some fall out between the tower politics building against Siuan, and entirely too much time fiddle farting with random things and places and people that don't advance the plot or have anything to do with WoT. On the off chance they DO have something to do with WoT, they will mess it up. 

Then, they will rush through whatever "ending" at the Eye by having a season ending cliff-hanger that doesn't get resolved til season 2 if they decide to put it through post production. ?

Edited by WheelofJuke

5 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Why wouldn't they?

That's a joke, I'm sure they will...simply for the money if not the artistic side of things. ?

Although, who knows with perhaps another wave of covid, less-than-stellar reviews (although the ratings seem a contentious and fluid topic), etc.

I get it. Show is good for site, traffic, and bottom line. 

But some may be beginning to feel the best thing for WoT and RJ's legacy is to shut it down...?

Edited by WheelofJuke
grammmmers

21 minutes ago, WheelofJuke said:

I have a horrible feeling there will be some fall out between the tower politics building against Siuan, and entirely too much time fiddle farting with random things and places and people that don't advance the plot or have anything to do with WoT. On the off chance they DO have something to do with WoT, they will mess it up. 

Then, they will rush through whatever "ending" at the Eye by having a season ending cliff-hanger that doesn't get resolved til season 2 if they decide to put it through post production. ?

Egwene and Nynaeve will save everyone and seal the bore so we can get back to 7 seasons of tower politics with acting akin to a high school drama. You VILL enjoy it

18 minutes ago, WheelofJuke said:

But some may be beginning to feel the best thing for WoT and RJ's legacy is to shut it down...?

"some" being the self-appointed gatekeepers and book purists. "some" explicitly not including the author of the last three novels in the series or the editor of all 14 books. 

I'm really getting frustrated with people who believe they have more standing to speak to "RJ's legacy" than his wife/editor.

1 minute ago, Elder_Haman said:

"some" being the self-appointed gatekeepers and book purists. "some" explicitly not including the author of the last three novels in the series or the editor of all 14 books. 

I'm really getting frustrated with people who believe they have more standing to speak to "RJ's legacy" than his wife/editor.

Fair. 

I'm far from a purist. I just wanted a good tv show. 

Just now, Elder_Haman said:

I'm sad that you don't feel you've gotten one. I'll admit it falls short of what I hoped it could be. But it is not a terrible show by any stretch of the imagination.

I did preface my entrance to this forum by saying I watch very little t.v. largely because I dislike so much of it. I don't watch most mainstream movies, I view very few anythings. ?

So my threshold is probably very very different than casual watch-everything-and-anything sort of viewers, of which you may or may not identify with, I'm not claiming to know your tastes, just that mine are offended. ?

44 minutes ago, WheelofJuke said:

The show IMHO really has nothing to do with RJ/Harriet's/BS legacy.  Their legacy is the books.  Rafe and his crew's legacy is the show.  Shutting it down is nuts  I want them to do their very best which is what they are trying to do with perhaps mixed results.  In our modern world probably somebody is already working on a proposal for a remake.  Everybody is remaking everything it seems like.  Doesn't matter about good bad or indifferent.  Let's talk again after S3.  

My one thought on the "shut it down" is that it is a selfish opinion that would literally take the joy others are having with the show to satisfy a personal opinion. If the books are something one prefers, read the books. If one likes both, let them enjoy both. 

Debates are fun and have existed in the series for as long as I can remember. It applies to every creative work. Removing that creative work robs joy from others, and that is not okay.

1 hour ago, Elder_Haman said:

To willfully take the position of "dark ones advocate" on that point - is this also the person who is the primary beneficiary of selling the rights to make the show (and who might just be under a contractual obligation not to make negative comments).   Just my well honed cynicism there.

This thread is about episode seven speculation. Let’s get back on topic. 

So I know some folks are saying that this was Barney Harris’s last episode. Do you think that’s true? If not, what might you see Mat doing while everyone else is off in the Borderlands? 

I would love to see Mat eating tray after tray of food in recovering from the dagger separation. A true highlight from the books. 

I kinda hoped they'd do a real cheesy actor swap at the point of healing, like, Barney Harris is sick...they heal him...and that's the new actor's reveal. That would've won me over a little bit. 

Perhaps Mat becomes entangled with Liandrin's mystery man?

Guest Wolfbrother31
18 minutes ago, JenniferL said:

This thread is about episode seven speculation. Let’s get back on topic. 

So I know some folks are saying that this was Barney Harris’s last episode. Do you think that’s true? If not, what might you see Mat doing while everyone else is off in the Borderlands? 

Thank You! Yes, I wanted some episode 7 predictions not whinging (Ive had and done enough of that elsewhere). 

I think we're gonna have Matt try and steal the knife but end up grappling in some way with Fain. 

Guest Wolfbrother31
1 minute ago, WheelofJuke said:

Yes. I am now convinced that Fain IS Liandrin's mystery man & it will be revealed that they're Both DF's in this next episode.

2 minutes ago, WheelofJuke said:

I would love to see Mat eating tray after tray of food in recovering from the dagger separation. A true highlight from the books. 

I kinda hoped they'd do a real cheesy actor swap at the point of healing, like, Barney Harris is sick...they heal him...and that's the new actor's reveal. That would've won me over a little bit. 

“I barely recognize Mat since he was Healed from the dagger!”

Guest Wolfbrother31

Do you think we'll get any more Whitecloaks? They're the only villains the show has invested any time in ... I'm thinking maybe Valda is revealed as alive in this next episode. A brief scene perhaps. 

5 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Yes. I am now convinced that Fain IS Liandrin's mystery man & it will be revealed that they're Both DF's in this next episode.

This is a pretty solid theory. One of the little things about this last episode that bothered me was the lack of clarity about who has the dagger. 

Guest Wolfbrother31
5 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

This is a pretty solid theory. One of the little things about this last episode that bothered me was the lack of clarity about who has the dagger. 

Riight? 

And we have got to have some antagonists that we know ... or at least recognize. 

Unless ... Valda & the WC are coming back somehow in the next two episodes? But I don't think so. 

more to come, but :

"I brought the Trollocs to ravage the Two Rivers"  - Padan Fain in Book continuity

+ Laindrin has friends in shadowy places - Book Continuity

+ "I know about your man in north harbour" - show continuity

+ It takes a channeller to open a waygate - show continuity

= Padan Fain is Liandrin's man in north harbour, a channeler, and can open waygates, allowing him to follow the group to Fal Dara and steal the horn.

Q.E.D.