DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

October Roll Call 2021

Asha'man Shar'aman

Name. Rank. Faction. Five points for that and five for this question: What are you most excited to see in the WoT show? 

Aman

Mod, Asha’man, Logain

Light

I’m most excited to see Logain’s extra story time. I really like him as a character, and think it will be awesome to see him get more screen time. 

Also, I apologize for this being a bit late, I’ve had a lot going on recently. 

Guest Wolfbrother31
18 hours ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

I apologize for this being a bit late, I’ve had a lot going on recently. 

No worries. Life happens, even to the most dedicated of fans.

Wolf.

Dedicated.

Light.

I'm excited to see Lan slaying Shadowspawn. Though I'm also looking forward to channeling & to seeing them portray the richness of the different cultures (EF, Andorans, Borderlanders, Aiel, Seanchan, Illianers, Tariens, ect...) I think that, that was RJ's greatest strength as a writer. 

17 hours ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

I'm excited to see Lan slaying Shadowspawn. Though I'm also looking forward to channeling & to seeing them portray the richness of the different cultures (EF, Andorans, Borderlanders, Aiel, Seanchan, Illianers, Tariens, ect...) I think that, that was RJ's greatest strength as a writer. 

I absolutely agree. His cultural descriptions and lore are amazing. 

Guest Wolfbrother31

Unfortunately, I think in this first season we're only going to get a little bit of the cultural richness. Especially if they're skipping Caemlyn...it'll probably just be EF,  Borderlanders, and WT/Aes Sedai. 

I'm really looking forward already to S2 & getting Andorans, Tariens, Seanchan, and Aiel! Or at least, I hope we get all of that. The difficulty of Rafe's job and the potential to be disappointed or excited exponentially increases as the series goes on ... simply because they're going to have to cut quite a bit (I just hope they don't cut whole cultures). Though I have already heard speculation that it makes sense to cut the Seafolk. 

Edited by Wolfbrother31

On 10/5/2021 at 5:47 AM, Wolfbrother31 said:

Unfortunately, I think in this first season we're only going to get a little bit of the cultural richness. Especially if they're skipping Caemlyn...it'll probably just be EF,  Borderlanders, and WT/Aes Sedai. 

I'm really looking forward already to S2 & getting Andorans, Tariens, Seanchan, and Aiel! Or at least, I hope we get all of that. The difficulty of Rafe's job and the potential to be disappointed or excited exponentially increases as the series goes on ... simply because they're going to have to cut quite a bit (I just hope they don't cut whole cultures). Though I have already heard speculation that it makes sense to cut the Seafolk. 

The Borderlands will still be cool, but I agree. 

Yes! I can't wait to see the Aiel. I really hope they don't cut whole cultures either. In a way, it does make sense to cut the Sea Folk, because they don't do much other than

Spoiler

kind of help with the Bowl of the Winds and bringing food to Arad Domon. The issues with Arad Domon are a great way to show the pressure on Rand, and speed up Darth Rand, but it could be cut and food shortage could not be an issue for the show's Arad Domon. 

Huh... been a while since I popped over here...

Vanion

Asha'man

Shadow

We still using the point system? Where's the calculators at after I let my site go down? lol

As for most excited about for the WoT show...? I wana see the Fade's! SO BADLY!

Edited by Vanion

31 minutes ago, Vanion said:

Huh... been a while since I popped over here...

Vanion

Asha'man

Shadow

We still using the point system? Where's the calculators at after I let my site go down? lol

As for most excited about for the WoT show...? I wana see the Fade's! SO BADLY!

Yup! Welcome back! 

The Fades are going to look awesome I think. 

Edited by Asha'man Shar'aman

So so. 

We not use the points anymore? We used to have a full on combat system, and the points system was used to buy different known Weaves and such for the combat system.

We used to track everything on my site and the calculators were used for the attack/defense, etc.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:34 AM, Vanion said:

So so. 

We not use the points anymore? We used to have a full on combat system, and the points system was used to buy different known Weaves and such for the combat system.

We used to track everything on my site and the calculators were used for the attack/defense, etc.

No, we don’t have that anymore, unfortunately. All of us here are really new except for the Dragon who isn’t on much anyway. If you want to tell us about it in a new thread, I’d love to listen. Or if you want it back, put it in the Suggestion Box and tell us about it, and we’ll see what happens. 

6 hours ago, SableSage said:

I'm looking forward to the settings. The cities and plains and all that. Since most of Jordan's writing is description and I'm bad at reading description (I tend to skim), I'm really looking forward to it. 

The setting will be very interesting I think. I tend to forget a lot of the description and be lost when it comes to things like the interior of the White Tower. 

9 hours ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

The setting will be very interesting I think. I tend to forget a lot of the description and be lost when it comes to things like the interior of the White Tower. 

Forget the White Tower, I can't even remember the colour of Lan's eyes, and he's my one true bias of the whole series. 

7 minutes ago, SableSage said:

Forget the White Tower, I can't even remember the colour of Lan's eyes, and he's my one true bias of the whole series. 

HA! I can’t really blame you. I remember everything about certain things and nothing about others. Anything about the AoL? I think I know it all. Anything about WT politics? Nothing at all. 

On 10/25/2021 at 3:23 AM, Lessa Nikia said:

The costumes! I actually quite looking forward to the interpretations that the costume department will have and I'm loving the bits we have been seeing.

Truueeee.. It'll be nice to see the Aiel costume and how each country is different from others. ❤️ Will there be Aiel in the first season though?

On 10/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, Talya said:

Talya, Light Faction, can’t remember what rank I was…although I did lead this place…once a long time ago.

There is so much I can’t wait for…more look at the AES Sedai, The White Tower, Loial, so many things. 

I'll see if I can dig it up. Welcome back! Were you the one before Niniel? I'm Aman, your slightly insane neighborhood Asha'man. 

11 hours ago, Talya said:

I think I was before then, I’m trying to remember who took over from me… but it has been a long time 

No worries. I'll try to dig up your rank in the forum as I'm betting it isn't in the Points Thread.