A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm confused...

PiedPiper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Phaedra said:

I feel a little bit left out ?. Gee thanks, Mom!

... have you not been raised yet? I could swear I'd sent the MoN to go find you days ago already ... or did I just dream that? ??... has Cross been messing with my Kaf again?

16 hours ago, Phaedra said:

And here I was about to tell you I was thinking about you today because a picture of Kogel Bay came up on my PC this morning. *pfft*

OMW Kogel Bay is amazing! It's just an hour's drive from where I live. My sisters and I were there just a few weeks ago.

Why on earth did a pic of it come up on your PC??

@Elgee: nope, not raised yet. As for Kogel Bay...Win 10 has this feature where it rotates different pictures for the login screen, which I left on...and Kogel Bay was the pic that came up a couple days ago (or was it yesterday? The days run together) ?.

Edited by Phaedra

1 hour ago, Elgee said:

@Phaedra get your butt into gear, girl! LoL ... joking! Take all the time you need.

And I also get those log in screens - love them!

Gurrrrl....I'm pretty sure I've filled all my requirements, but I think it's just a matter of I have to be Accepted for three months...and I was raised to Accepted in September (I think). Unless, of course, Mother has a need to be filled and decides otherwise, because, you know, talent and whatnot ?.

I’m pretty sure I know where I’d like to be, but it’s not something we can declare until we are raised as a sister/brother. Folks around here want us to be sure on these decisions, and give us opportunity to change our minds before committing. 

But yeah, I have a good idea ?. I think I have a month left for my raising when I’ll be able to declare. I stayed a Novice about a month longer than required as I spent time with all the Ajahs instead of the required 3 (or is it 5? I can’t recall offhand). I guess I could have just done that as Accepted, but here we are ?.

Edited by Phaedra

On 11/19/2020 at 8:04 PM, Phaedra said:

I have to be Accepted for three months...and I was raised to Accepted in September (I think).

Aaah yes of course. I think we're in some kind of time warp this year - things FEEL like they either go much more slowly or much faster

12 hours ago, Phaedra said:

I’m pretty sure I know where I’d like to be, but it’s not something we can declare until we are raised as a sister/brother.

I can't find the "new" reqs anywhere! Can you point me to that, Phae?

As far as I can recall, lately it's been that you could aspire to your chosen Ajah/Disc after you've completed a certain amount of reqs (as Accepted / Manshima). I believe there would be only 1 req left after that, which would be to lead an event for your chosen Ajah/ Disc.

What's next?

In the course of at least three months, the Accepted or Manshima must perform five activities of various sorts. This can include running Ajah-led activities (such as running a game or leading a topical discussion). But we also encourage using your own creativity. Credit can be given if, for example, you work behind the scenes to make awesome siggies and badges for the Brown Ajah Book Challenge or help organise White Tower records, etc. Use your imagination to its fullest.

Once this section is complete to everyone's satisfaction, you will graduate to full-rank Aes Sedai or Der'Manshima. 

So it looks like it is encouraged to do an activity for an Ajah Led activity but it is not required to be the one you chose from. And since we don't have a lot of Ajah led activities at the moment....

If i remember what I went through, raising is getting accepted into that Ajah, the official aspiring part, and then sponsorship for raising? 

It's a little confusing - also challenging, given our numbers.

23 minutes ago, Arie said:

If i remember what I went through, raising is getting accepted into that Ajah, the official aspiring part, and then sponsorship for raising? 

It's a little confusing - also challenging, given our numbers.

It is a bit confusing....I thought we could apply to an Ajah as Accepted, which in turn share that is what the intent is... but after a discussion I had, I think the application process is indeed during the Accepted timeframe, and then public declaration is done at raising. Maybe this is something that can be defined better in the rules.

I agree, there needs to be some clarification on that. At the very least the explanation could be a lot more clear in the steps moving forward. I believe I was 'aspired yellow' before i was raised, so it may also be personal preference and if they like to keep people surprised.

Edited by Arie

3 hours ago, Elgee said:

Aaah yes of course. I think we're in some kind of time warp this year - things FEEL like they either go much more slowly or much faster

Can we time warp a month into the future and say I've done my time?!

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Arie said:

I agree, there needs to be some clarification on that. At the very least the explanation could be a lot more clear in the steps moving forward. I believe I was 'aspired yellow' before i was raised, so it may also be personal preference and if they like to keep people surprised.

Yeah I was surprised when I found back some old "Green Novice" signature ?

But, from what I gathered, accepteds now need to wait for the raising before announcing the ajah they picked.

Edited by Hayl3y

On 11/21/2020 at 11:34 PM, Hayl3y said:

Yeah I was surprised when I found back some old "Green Novice" signature ?

I think that might have referred to being a mintee of a Green? I know I was a Green Novice but that's what it meant.

Ok so it looks like with the move to the Clubs and the redoing of req information to point to the right threads, some bits of the process fell out. I for the love of me can't recall exactly what the prior to this one said exactly. We're reworking the reqs at the staff board at the moment, but for anyone ready to be raised at the moment, it should still be this:

Once the Ajah / Disc you have aspired to has accepted you, the Ajah Head / Disc Leader must let the MoN/MaA know and then posts the announcement at the Hall.

The MoN/MaA will then send an email to the Accepted / Manshima explaining the raising process.

From Accepted to Aes Sedai:
When you’ve met the requirements to be raised to Aes Sedai, the Mistress of Novices will e-mail you a request for sponsors*.

You must find 2 sponsors*, one of which must be from your Ajah and the other from another Ajah.

Once that request has been answered, the Amyrlin Seat will post your raising to Aes Sedai. After your sponsors have posted their letters of recommendation, you must swear the three Oaths.

* Sponsors:
A Sponsor is a full ranking member who will vouch for your fitness to be raised, so ideally they should have "worked" with you in their capacity as full ranking member.  Someone who's just been raised themselves therefore do not really qualify. Also, their testimony should be about what you've done to deserve being raised, not what a great buddy you are ?

(Please note: The Amyrlin Seat, Keeper of Chronicles, Sword Captain, Mistress of Novices and Mistress at Arms may not be asked for sponsorship).