DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!

Kiri

Hello! I'm new around these parts, which probably isn't much of a surprise... :smile:

I picked up the first book as a kid over two decades ago and fell in love pretty quickly. Since then I've read the series... more times than I care to admit. hehe I'm happy to be here, looking forward to finding my way around.

(For those on tarvalon.net, I'm Elanda over there)

Hi Kiri!

I'm Tress, mod of this here board, part of the Light Faction staff in the Black Tower, and member of the Blue Ajah in the White Tower. 

We're glad you've decided to join us! If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask here - there are helpful folks from every area that are more than happy to help.

So tell us more about your long standing love for WoT - what are your favorite parts of the story? Favorite characters? Things you wish there was more of?

Hello and welcome!

As others have said, take a good laugh ok around when you have a little time and check out the social and RP groups.

Feel free to join as few or as many as you'd like and hope to see you around the boards.  If you have any questions just asl them here.

Thank you all for the welcome! 

On 1/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, Ryrin said:

You can belong to as many social groups as you wish. However, you will not be able to see all of the group's threads/activities/topics until you are a member.

Thank you, Ryrin! That was one of my first questions so I very much appreciate that. :D

Hi Arie & Chaelca! :D It's great to see you guys here! 

Favorite parts of the series... that's a hard one. I always like seeing our heroes do awesome things, Mat in the sparring ring with Gawyn and Galad in book 2 is definitely a favorite. I also like most of Egwene's experiences with the Aiel, she learned a lot about herself and about being an adult from them. As for favorite characters, I like pre-book 7 Mat, pre-book 5/6 Perrin, post-book 4 Egwene, early- and late-series Nynaeve, and Lan throughout the whole series. I have never really liked Rand, though I understand why he is the way he is, he just doesn't work for me. I think the ending should have been quite different. I kind of hated the last chapter of the series.