DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm the opposite of Chris, your first read on him bothers me because it's so generic, and without the caution that's in your typical DT read of him, the next where you talked about his 'disappointment' read better because it was more personal

IDK what to tell you BFG. That read on Clov was generic, but what did you expect? He didn't have a great deal of content, his content felt fine, he's not someone I am going to ~gun down for no reason on d1 before anything actually matters. If you're going to ask me for a read on something that doesn't have a realistic amount of alignment indicative content, do you expect me to make things up?

Me being more closed with my reads early is basically how I play the game. I like to see what people do of their own volition. I typically only really attack things close to EoDs, and when I feel confident I'm right, because wolves can dig themselves out of holes if they're hyper-aware people are gunning for them. It happens basically all the time.

I mean, I understand why you were asking me things, but I feel your expectations for me in either role are totally backwards. Wolf!Cory probably would make stuff up, or over-detail his feelings, whatever it takes to fuel the town credit I need to get to endgame. That's not something I care much about as a villager. Maybe I did 3-4 years ago, but that's been out of my village meta for years. I say things when I feel they need to be said, when I feel they could be helpful, when I feel they could clarify alignments for others or begin a productive discussion. The rest is just the "chattering", as Ben called it :P

IDK what to tell you BFG. That read on Clov was generic, but what did you expect? He didn't have a great deal of content, his content felt fine, he's not someone I am going to ~gun down for no reason on d1 before anything actually matters. If you're going to ask me for a read on something that doesn't have a realistic amount of alignment indicative content, do you expect me to make things up?

Me being more closed with my reads early is basically how I play the game. I like to see what people do of their own volition. I typically only really attack things close to EoDs, and when I feel confident I'm right, because wolves can dig themselves out of holes if they're hyper-aware people are gunning for them. It happens basically all the time.

I mean, I understand why you were asking me things, but I feel your expectations for me in either role are totally backwards. Wolf!Cory probably would make stuff up, or over-detail his feelings, whatever it takes to fuel the town credit I need to get to endgame. That's not something I care much about as a villager. Maybe I did 3-4 years ago, but that's been out of my village meta for years. I say things when I feel they need to be said, when I feel they could be helpful, when I feel they could clarify alignments for others or begin a productive discussion. The rest is just the "chattering", as Ben called it :P

It's not so much the early game, I know that's coming :P it was the run-up to end day 1.

I can't read you off a no explanations reads list, I read you from how much you 'need' the right lynch, or because I know your reads list before you post it because you're an open player, albeit the last has maybe been a while on day 1 :p

The first felt low key and the second lacking yesterday

And there's nothing 'wrong' with the read, but it felt 'off'

And I'm fine with scrutiny. We're playing a guessing game on the internet. Just maybe you'd read me better if you had more realistic expectations :P

Thoughts and stuff

But I need to run

Not sure I'll be back before day break, and my reread got nowhere useful

N0 LZM (v)

It's not so much the early game, I know that's coming :P it was the run-up to end day 1.

I can't read you off a no explanations reads list, I read you from how much you 'need' the right lynch, or because I know your reads list before you post it because you're an open player, albeit the last has maybe been a while on day 1 :p

The first felt low key and the second lacking yesterday

And there's nothing 'wrong' with the read, but it felt 'off'

well, it was the read i had at the time, so that's on you for not believing something genuine :P

but it's nbd. i trust you, i'm willing to take that leap of faith based on your content, so carry on whatever you were doing

Catchup from P28, Zander style. You have been warned!

I miss Zander :(

Vote Count

SK (2) - Dice, Clov
Marsh (1) - Sooh
Clov (1) - LZM
Ben (3) - Cory, SK, Nolder
Cory (2) - Ley, Ben

Still accurate/

Looks good for Cory, SK and Nolder, especially if those votes stayed until DL.

Doubly good for Cory considering where Ben's vote is at.

And 3 posts later SK unvotes :I

Yeah, it seems like anytime someone doesn't understand what he's doing, his default reasoning is that they must be scum.

who is scum ben?
Cory, possibly Nolder for hiding in the N0reads, then going against his own N0 read and jumping on my train for a thin reason.

Again, looks good for Cory and Nolder.

Doubt Sooh and Chris are m/m and not going to worry about the traitor unless I need to :p

What makes you think that?

A few small things, I'd expect Chris to be giving a stronger town read on Sooh at the moment if they were teamed (said without really recalling how strong, or what read he has lol)

I'd be ~surprised if Sooh gave a fake scum N0 on Chris if teamed (traitor makes this more complicated though)

The only real reason I have to think Sooh scum is her attitude(?) towards Chris, as it seems similar to her attitude towards town!me in FF(?)

You think I'm scum because my attitude is similar to yours as town? I am confused.

Doubt Sooh and Chris are m/m and not going to worry about the traitor unless I need to :p

What makes you think that?

A few small things, I'd expect Chris to be giving a stronger town read on Sooh at the moment if they were teamed (said without really recalling how strong, or what read he has lol)

I'd be ~surprised if Sooh gave a fake scum N0 on Chris if teamed (traitor makes this more complicated though)

The only real reason I have to think Sooh scum is her attitude(?) towards Chris, as it seems similar to her attitude towards town!me in FF(?)

You think I'm scum because my attitude is similar to yours as town? I am confused.

Never mind I can't read.

The votes themselves are probably irrelevant. Considering he flipped traitor, mafia would probably guess Ben was just a mislynch.

That being said, I think SK/Nolder are both probably villagers :P More confident on Nolder

True, but Ben's actions towards you/Nol is relevant I feel.