A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why me over say LZM?

he's put himself out there more with his you/Dar = scum claims.....just not a good idea for scum to play THAT far out in front.....initial gut read

Why isn't DJ in the lurker group?

more active than the others (I think?)

Verb, do you have any actual game related thoughts. Like actual things that people have done?

Those are game related.

If I had to pick, I'd lynch Turin in the first group, and either Devil or Elgee in the second.  Sorry, neighbor (and Mother!).

LoL no hard feelings! I'm suspicious as hell of you too *grins*

Verb, do you have any actual game related thoughts. Like actual things that people have done?

And people are playing this game in a way I'm not really able to decipher yet.  It's been a very long time since we RPed (essentially) a mafia game with this much flavor, and it's throwing me off.

Turin

LZM

Rhea

Charis

Devil

Elgee

Pretty sure there is at least 1 scum in both groups.

So you would be perfectly fine with my charis/LZM trains idea?

Or does Lessa/DJ work better?

Ironically, Charis/LZM are the last of the groups I'd want to lynch......

Turin: Towniest Town to Town

Rhea: 

Verb: If he is mafia and used the weekend to not post but to plot in QT I will be very disappointed So I'm thinking he should be town. That last post questioning a dead townies alignment makes me scratch my head tho. 

Lessa: Still don't really like the Ben shot. I don't recall her stating an opinion on him. need to check that.

Charis: refusal to vote LZM yesterday still sketching me out

Devil: Kinda skating by. Is anyone claiming to have got his gift that he says he sent N1? Did you send it to a dead player?

Elgee: not enough input. I understand out of game issues maight well be driving that tho. I dunno what to do here.

LZM: Push back at Charis about Ed train is more bad from him. 

Dar'Jen: new and I want to get more input from her. 

Right now kinda wanna see LZM /Charis trains. I kinda feel like they are talking the talk but not walking the walk as far as their suspicion of each other goes.  

You have to treat me just like everyone else, Turin. I should be on more for the next few days, anyway. Just bear in mind that I'm in a different time zone - 2 hours ahead of the UK, at the moment, I think.

• RP - LEGACY

Trying not to lurk. Just wish I had more time to devote to rereading and formulating independent suspicions. Alas, still learning how the game opperates, and getting the feeling that this particular game is not a typical mafia game.

So, if Daruya is town and Turin has consistently been defending her, then does that make him town too, or could he be mafia trying to establish a tie to a townie early on to try to elevate suspicions? Or I'm guessing that is the whole point. We have to decide if it means anything in particular at all, and if so, how we interpret it.

Why me over say LZM?

he's put himself out there more with his you/Dar = scum claims.....just not a good idea for scum to play THAT far out in front.....initial gut read

Those are game related.

No that is just using post count. Try doing some werk. Half her posts are checking in don't know what's going on. Which is not an indictment of her as she is new, but is a question of your commitment to solve.

It's D3, time for more than gut reads. He's spent two days trying to lynch two townies and has misrepped Dar on his first big reason, then when called on it, pivoted to the flipside argument.

(In case you missed it. LZM said Dar noticed Dice character claiming in his first post. She didn't. She noted him claiming town. When this was pointed out to him he switched it up to say that Dice hadn't actually claimed town but had only claimed not a death eater. Which by expected flavor he could be both not a death water and mafia)

I also doubt how Town! Verb could be thinking I'm anything but town.

Family time now. Back later.

Trying not to lurk. Just wish I had more time to devote to rereading and formulating independent suspicions. Alas, still learning how the game opperates, and getting the feeling that this particular game is not a typical mafia game.

So, if Daruya is town and Turin has consistently been defending her, then does that make him town too, or could he be mafia trying to establish a tie to a townie early on to try to elevate suspicions? Or I'm guessing that is the whole point. We have to decide if it means anything in particular at all, and if so, how we interpret it.

Yes, it is called white knighting.

Why me over say LZM?

Those are game related.

No that is just using post count. Try doing some werk. Half her posts are checking in don't know what's going on. Which is not an indictment of her as she is new, but is a question of your commitment to solve.

It's D3, time for more than gut reads. He's spent two days trying to lynch two townies and has misrepped Dar on his first big reason, then when called on it, pivoted to the flipside argument.

(In case you missed it. LZM said Dar noticed Dice character claiming in his first post. She didn't. She noted him claiming town. When this was pointed out to him he switched it up to say that Dice hadn't actually claimed town but had only claimed not a death eater. Which by expected flavor he could be both not a death water and mafia)

lol, you're funny

Why me over say LZM?

Those are game related.

??

TMI?

??

Turin 103
LZM 79
Rhea 67
Verbal 49
Dar'Jen 22
Lessa Nikia 21
charis 18
Elgee 13
Devil 10

@Turin

I'm not putting any more effort in than I have if we've got folks who are averaging 2-3 posts per entire 24 hour day.  Nothing against their activity, it's cool, but that's that.

If someone is thinking I'm scum cuz I pushed to lynch Daruya, might I suggest looking at those who were on both the mislynch trains....

Turin, Lessa and Charis were all three on both the Darthe mislynch and the Ed mislynch. Neither of my votes D1 or D2 counted.

So if you think I'm negligible for gunning on Daruya, think again. Those three are far more responsible for scums huge lead right now than I am.

I'll guarantee one of them is scum.

• RP - LEGACY

You make a good point, LZM.

Trying to be more active, Verbal.

I suppose if anyone wants to use lack of participation as an indication of mafia, then I suppose I could throw Devil out there, thanks to Verbal's list. But I really don't think that participation or lack thereof is a good enough reason really to consider someone mafia.

I've been having trouble getting invested in the game, alongside irl responsibilities, which is why I haven't been posting that much.

LZM still doesn't strike me as particularly scummy despite Daruya's flip, but I'm not 100% convinced of their innocence either.

I can see the potential in the theory that Turin could have been buddying up with Daruya - if they're mafia that's a pretty logical play and would give us an actual reason for why Turin had been defending Daruya the whole game.

So, I'd be good with a Turin lynch today.

...If you don't all decide to lynch me for inactivity, that is. Which would be a bit of a shame, especially since I like this character and don't want her to die, but I can admit that I haven't been the most helpful townie this game so I can understand the reasoning behind it.

You make a good point, LZM.

Trying to be more active, Verbal.

I suppose if anyone wants to use lack of participation as an indication of mafia, then I suppose I could throw Devil out there, thanks to Verbal's list. But I really don't think that participation or lack thereof is a good enough reason really to consider someone mafia.

In a vacuum, this logic is solid......but play enough games, and you'll be surprised at how often the bold actually proves to be false.  People inherently prefer being a townie - it is "less stress".  When people are scum, they are more cautious and afraid to post and give themselves (or their teammates) away.  This naturally makes them post less and lurk.