DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter - The Pensieve

Turin Turambar

v0kB1X9.gif

Welcome to The Pensieve Training Course here at Hogwart's!!

Here we will be testing your ability to perceive people's memories based upon fragments of those memories. Get the answers right and you will earn points for your house, and possibly glory for yourself.

This is how it will work. I will post portions of memories devised from a combination of the books and films each day. You may make a guess regarding the person whose memory it is and what the memory was about. In order to give everyone an equal chance to guess, all serious guesses MUST BE MADE IN PM. Humorous guesses may be posted in the thread and MAY be rewarded with additional "making the professor laugh" points.

Points will be rewarded as follows:

Guessed correctly after first clue posted: 5 points
Guessed correctly after second clue posted: 3 points
Guessed correctly after third clue posted: 1 point

Please let it be known which house you will be playing for in the course of this game. Either in the thread or in your guessing PM.

HP and the Philosopher's Stone: solved by
Niniel - 5 points to RAVENCLAW
Ithi - 3 pointe to HUFFLEPUFF
Lessa- 3 points to GRYFFINDOR
LZM - 3 points to SLYTHERIN
Adella - 1 point to RAVENCLAW
Dar - 1 point to GRYFFINDOR
Lily - 1 point to HUFFLEPUFF

HP and the Chamer of Secrets: solved by
Daruya - 5 points to GRYFFINDOR
Ithi - 3 points to HUFFLEPUFF
Lessa - 3 points to GRYFFINDOR
Niniel - 3 points to RAVENCLAW
Adella - 3 points to RAVENCLAW
LZM - 1 point to SLYTHERIN

HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban: solved by
LZM - 5 points to SLYTHERIN
Lessa - 5 points to GRYFFINDOR
Dar - 3 points to GRYFFINDOR
Ithi - 3 points to HUFFLEPUFF

HP and the Goblet of Fire: solved by
Ithi - 5 points to HUFFLEPUFF
Adella - 5 points to RAVENCLAW
Dar - 3 points to GRYFFINDOR
Lessa - 3 points to GRYFFINDOR

HP and the Order of the Phoenix:
Dar - 5 points to GRYFFINDOR

HP and the Half-Blood Prince:
ithi - 5 points to HUFFLEPUFF
LZM - 5 points to SLYTHERIN

HP and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1):

Adella - 3 points to RAVENCLAW

HP and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2):

Niniel - 3 points to RAVENCLAW

Ithi - 3 points to HUFFLEPUFF

Dar - 3 points to GRYFFINDOR

Lessa - 1 point to GRYFFINDOR

House Scores
RAVENCLAW: 75

GRYFFINDOR: 65
HUFFLEPUFF: 45
SLYTHERIN: 20

Edited by Turin Turambar
Troll defeated!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Let's begin... This post will contain ALL the clues. I will be updating these at about the same time each day to allow more people an equal chance to guess with the same amount of clues.

HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S/SORCERER'S STONE

1.) It was a dark and stormy night. The storm raged more and more. Thunder rolling. BOOM!

2.) BOOM! The door shivered and I sat bolt upright staring at the door...BOOM! SMASH!! The door was hit with such force that it swung clean off its hinges with a deafening crash landed flat on the floor.

3.)  A giant of a man stood in the doorway. His face almost completely covered by a long shaggy mane of hair and a wild tangled beard. He entered and replaced the door. He dug in his pockets and said to me "Happy Birthday. I have a cake for you here somewhere. I may have sat on it at some point but it should still taste alright."

HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS

1.)  Breakfast in the great hall. Raucous conversations going on all around while we eat. The tables are laden with tureens of porridge, plates of kippers, mountains of toast and dishes of eggs and bacon.

2.) dozens of owls streamed in and started dropping packages into the chattering crowd. One came crashing down on the table in a splash of feathers and milk. "ERROL!!" I shouted pulling the owl up by it's feet.

3.) "Oh No!" I said. "He's okay" someone interjected. "NO!" I protested, "it's not that... It's that." as I pointed at the red envelope.

HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN

1.) Walking to Hagrid's hut, seeing the executioner sharpening his axe. I felt so sad for poor Buckbeak. We crossed the bridge and things got a little worse.

2.) Malfoy and his slytherins were there trying to sneak a look at the execution he had caused. They saw us and Malfoy was of course being a bloody ashe  :mad:

3.) I stuck my wand to his neck but allowed myself to not do anything to drastic, Settling for a more primal result.

HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE

1.) The water was running in the Prefect's bathroom, soap and water and bubbles filling the great bathing pool. 

2.) The screeching of the egg drew me. Then I saw the boy in the tub, not as handsome as the "other" boy. 

3.) I couldn't help but go closer. He would be good fun and I knew I could help him.

HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX

1.) There were students milling all about the courtyard. Dozens of conversations overlapping. Some students crying and holding onto each other

2.) I stood there with my trunks. Professor McGonagall close to comfort me and tell me "It will be okay." 

3.) The Umbridge woman asked McGonagall "and your authority for that statement is?"... And then He came thru the door. "That would be mine." He said.

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE

1.) I walked into the astronomy tower and climbed the stairs. There were many people there. 

2.) I could see Harry, many Death eaters, Dumbledore. Harry was the first to see me. 

3.) Dumbledore turned to me and just said "...please".

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS (PART 1)

1.) There was magical battling going on all around as I entered.It all stopped when Bellatrix LeStrange yelled "STOP OR SHE DIES!!"

2.) Bellatrix held her knife to Hermoine's throat causing Harry and Ron to drop their wands. I keep at what I'm doing

3.) Hermoine was looking up due to the knife at her throat. Bellatrix's eyes followed hers as a noise betrayed me...

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS (PART 2) ***

1.) There was rubble strewn throughout the courtyard during the delay in the great battle. 

2.) Voldemort and his minions are all walking in. Hagrid, bound with ropes, is carrying a body. Voldemort exclaims "Harry Potter is dead!" I pick up the sorting hat as I see a glint of something. 

3.) "... And who is this?" Voldemort asked me? 

*** EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY: This last memory is the only one that is drastically different between the books and the films. I will accept either memory but will give extra credit for a good description of the difference between the two.

Edited by Turin Turambar

So let me see if I understand this correctly. We are trying to guess the person whose memory it is? 

So the first one could have been several people right?

And, dang it, I missed breakfast! Someone send me an owl next time, will you?  :biggrin:

But they're not the same person for all the books/movies, correct? The person for Chamber of Secrets may not be the same person for Philospher's Stone?

We have our first correct guess. Dar has guessed the second pensieve memory.

5 points for Gryffindor!!!

Note: you can still make guesses about this one. And funny posts may still earn you pointses.

Edited by Turin Turambar