DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2016 Fall Movie Preview

Ryrin

Movies

Have you seen any?  Are you waiting anxiously?

I saw Deepwater Horizon today.  It was my husband's birthday and we really enjoyed the movie.

"On April 20, 2010, the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig explodes in the Gulf of Mexico, igniting a massive fireball that kills several crew members. Chief electronics technician Mike Williams (Mark Wahlberg) and his colleagues find themselves fighting for survival as the heat and the flames become stifling and overwhelming. Banding together, the co-workers must use their wits to make it out alive amid all the chaos."

MV5BOTEzNDU0OTgxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjA0

I'm looking forward to seeing:

1. The Accountant

2. Passengers

3. Rogue One: A star Wars Story

Is anyone waiting to see Dr. Strange? The previews are intriguing.

I saw Blair Witch not very long ago - I didn't expect it to be any good but better than most of the "horror" films they crap out today and horror films are always interesting psychologically, seeing what other cultures fear and trying to figure out why. I was basically right - it was not scary or creepy at all, the jump scares did not even make me flinch, though it was amusing and exciting, so better than recent horror films. Probably the only person who walked out at the end with a smile on their face, the ending was that funny.

Not anticipating or planning on seeing anything else.

I'm looking forward to Magical Beasts. I love period dramas, and a HP universe period drama should be fun! I've been interested in Scamander ever since reading the books. 

I also want to see Queen of Katwe and I'm curious about Rogue One and Sing. 

Unsurprisingly, my 11 year old wants to see Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life" Pretty sure the whole family will see Doctor Strange. 

That said the majority of them will probably end up being on DVD because we can't afford to spend that much on movie tickets (or have that much time). But it should be good. :) I'm terribly behind on my new releases anyway. 

Passengers, Rogue One, Dr. Strange, and Fantastic Beasts all sound interesting. I'm likely not going to see any of them in theaters. If I have doubts about any of them, it's Fantastic Beasts. Rowling's stories about magic in America have been kind of underwhelming so far, and it's left me wondering if she can create a trilogy taking place in a land she is clearly unfamiliar with.

I'm looking forward to see The Duelist http://www.tiff.net/films/the-duelist/

I'm not sure it's anywhere in the movies except in Russia.

They promised unpredictable plot twists I hope it's true :)

And I'd like to see Viking, it's Russian too. Ususally such historic Russian films are not good but I still hope :)

I'd like to see Fantastic Beasts too, looks very interesting.

Already seen:

Ben-Hur, very exiting but not very realistic about relationships.

USS Indianapolis, I think it's very good.

I enjoyed the Secret Life of Pets.  A friend just sa The Accountant and said it was fantastic.

Kukaso, I haven't seen the USS Indianapolis but I'm interested. Wish I could see some of those Russian films. I think we miss out on a lot. I saw Ben - Hur too.

Basel, I'm happy someone else I know is waiting to see Passengers.

Does anyone want to see The Birth of A Nation, Jack Reacher, or Inferno? I read all of Dan Brown's books and I'm going to see it.

Lily, is Bridget Jones' Baby a comedy?

I am not really a fan of the angry little person's movies. lol Plus, Jack (the) Reacher just sounds like an adult movie title to me. The missus made the first joke about the title and now every time I pass it on Netflix or now, see the commercial for the new one, I can not help but laugh. 

After seein the latest Rogue One trailer I am wonderfully excited. I've not gone to the movies in YEARS lol so this one will be most good. Most good indeed. 

Passengers, Rogue One, Dr. Strange, and Fantastic Beasts all sound interesting. I'm likely not going to see any of them in theaters. If I have doubts about any of them, it's Fantastic Beasts. Rowling's stories about magic in America have been kind of underwhelming so far, and it's left me wondering if she can create a trilogy taking place in a land she is clearly unfamiliar with.

We can see all of them in the theaters

We can see all of them in the theaters

Yes, see them in theaters. Much more fun.

Here is where I go:

Seats.JPG

There is beer and wine if you so choose.

I am not really a fan of the angry little person's movies. lol Plus, Jack (the) Reacher just sounds like an adult movie title to me. The missus made the first joke about the title and now every time I pass it on Netflix or now, see the commercial for the new one, I can not help but laugh. 

After seein the latest Rogue One trailer I am wonderfully excited. I've not gone to the movies in YEARS lol so this one will be most good. Most good indeed. 

I was like that Mills. I didn't go to the theaters for years nor really watch much at home but now I love them.

Yes, see them in theaters. Much more fun.

You have a strange definition of fun. Being limited to watching a movie at specific times and missing some of it if you don't arrive in time. Having to go to the bathroom means you miss some. If you get peckish and want a (ridiculously expensive) snack, you either have to go hungry or miss some. But waiting just a few months means you can watch a movie in the comfort of your own home, can stop it any time you need to, and don't even need to find a parking space. I'm totally content to wait for all of these movies on disc or streaming.

Before I had a telly, the only way to watch films was going to the cinema or else at someone else's house who might have the equipment to play whatever the medium was, and not that long ago, that was almost no one where I live, so going to the cinema is still a big thing for me. Even with a telly, I don't watch much films on it because the sound system is tinny and the resolution is bad, and I don't watch films very often on my computer either since I don't have anything to sit on for extended periods of time that would qualify as comfortable. I rarely go nowadays because almost everything they put out is the most idiotic trash, but I still enjoy the experience when I do go.

I used to go to the movies all the time when I was young, and there weren't videos or big tvs, and I wanted to escape the house. As time went on and the tv got bigger and dvds were a thing and I got more anxious I'd mostly wait for the DVD except for thing a I wanted to see on the big screen like LotR and the potter movies and PotC. Now it's difficult finding parking I can walk from and being comfortable for the length of the new standard 2+ hour movie length plus trailers (those reclining seats may be comfortable for some, but for me it's very hit and miss, and usually painful after a few minutes), so we rarely go out. The very loud volume doesn't help either.

STill, there are she things I'd enjoy on the big screen. We have to do a matinee that's not likely to be full of kids etc., but sometimes it's worth it. But yeah, not really fun for me most of the time.

Theater for me. I buy the tickets at home. I walk right in and show them the tickets on the phone. I already have the seats reserved when I purchased the tickets. It's nice and cool and I get to see some good trailers like the one for Dr. Strange. Sit back and relax in the recliner. 

I spoke with a friend who was able to see Dr. Strange yesterday (he had access before it was released in our area).  He said it was fantastic and advised seeing it in 3D.

Well, Dr. Strange was playing in like four of the theaters but my husband wanted to see Jack Reacher. I absolutely dislike Tom Cruise in real life but I enjoy action movies. It was good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived