DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

I'm not arguing. I'm just curious on your stance on this. I'd also like you to have your thoughts about this on record, being you don't expect to live very long.

Okay it has to do with 3 things.

1. The first page interaction which seemed very weird to me and as I mentioned then it gave you a easy way to say that you had looked at Shad and now had a town read on him.

2. He mentioned about something you had done that was out of your wolf range IHO. I had mentioned something similar with the caveat unless you were getting coached up in the QT. I honestly don't remember who said whatever first.

3. When someone was sussing you He popped in and just said that you were being super villagery. No explanation with it in the post. It just looked like odd defense. 

Other people might say that it is nothing but it is suspicious to me. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not arguing. I'm just curious on your stance on this. I'd also like you to have your thoughts about this on record, being you don't expect to live very long.

Okay it has to do with 3 things.

1. The first page interaction which seemed very weird to me and as I mentioned then it gave you a easy way to say that you had looked at Shad and now had a town read on him.

2. He mentioned about something you had done that was out of your wolf range IHO. I had mentioned something similar with the caveat unless you were getting coached up in the QT. I honestly don't remember who said whatever first.

3. When someone was sussing you He popped in and just said that you were being super villagery. No explanation with it in the post. It just looked like odd defense. 

Other people might say that it is nothing but it is suspicious to me. 

I agree on the third point. I'm wary of his town read on me. I'm actually wary of anyone townreading me. It isn't affecting my read on people anymore that they think I'm town. I'm glad when people realize it, but it doesn't make someone town to say that they see that I am. It was a stupid reason for me to do it in the past, and I'm glad I've realized that.

1. Turin: Dana Barret- Town Neighbor

2. Eldrick: Very mixed- Has some good posts and seems to be transparent in thread. Some Bad posts. More of them earlier so it is a case of getting better or getting coached. I think  Shad resolution will help here considerably.

3. Niniel: slightest town-null (trending down) - I normally read Niniel (still awkward... Silmarillion readers will understand) based on the questions she asks. I need to look back but I don't recall seeing the edge to them I associate with her Town! game.

4. Tsuki: (Claimed Cop) Slight Town - I have town feels from him in his posts. I would like to see more tho. I still kinda doubt the COP claim but I see that kind of play coming from Town Tsuki more likely. My opinion.  

5. BFG: null-slight mafia - I still don't see the BFG that I know is town. There is a certain je ne sais quoi

to her posts as town that I am not feeling. I didn't really like the pop in vote and go although I do know she was travelling yesterday. There was something about my case on Z being invalid because it was from QT actions that set wrong.

6. Zander: Louis Tully - Town Neighbor: Lynched D1.  as result of some voting/unlynchable/governor thing... 

7. Dice: (claimed Slimer- Town Treestump) Mafia/indy: Bad posts about Z/T interaction and resolution. Bad post about towny mindset. Bad claim and over - self preservation for claimed role.  

8. Lenlo:  Town - difference between his stance and Dice's is that he was more consistent. He stated his reasoning and adjusted some. I think he is still okay.

9. Shad: mafia - I have some issue with how he dealt with Z/T debate. It felt like he was happy to just keep it going despite having it as V/V. I really hated the one post about me "riding my claim" to lylo. Like you think that is even possible? 

10. Rey: slight town read - I think he might be the governor (if that was how the lynch changed) based on his post flip comment. He was directly on Z. Rey is frequently low volume but I do want to see more thoughts in thread. Come on Dr Rey.

11. John McClane Hallia : null -  Burning  previous town cred. Her vote moving seemed to be weird in light of the lynch result. If it turns out the mafia had the mechanic then I think it looks bad for her.  

12. RTE: Null to mafia/3p - If he had an unlynchable as part of his role then I think it might well indicate 3p. That is one of the buffs that solos frequently get in a mostly roled game. RTE you need to step it up and show why you are town now. 

13. Alanna: Town lean - Active. Z read is a good thing. Still some small niggling things but  Not lynching D2. We will work thru what I am concerned over. 

Turin

Lenlo

Tsuki

Alanna

Rey

Niniel

Eldrick

Hallia

BFG - Get to towning

RTE - Get to proving yourself town or be ready to die

Shad - might be tinfoil but I don't like his EoD pop out and that post about me.

Dice - Explain why you should not be shot tonight? 

Is this the comment that makes you think Rey had something to do with Zander´s death?

What the....

Guess I was wrong about Zander.

(Btw. when I made up Niniel I actually thought that I made it up. It´s the name of one of my first rp characters. I don´t know if I had read Silmarillion or not when I "made it up". :))

#1451 I just realized Lenlo asked me why I think Dice is town and I didn't realize I didn't answer lol

Dice is a toss up for me. He was pretty scummy early in the game and then a little bit after his claim (despite people still scum reading him) he started to sound better to me, if not necessarily everyone else. I'm a little put off with Turin/Z both scum reading Dice and we'll probably have to solve the slot soon regardless.

#1461 Can't hate Turin's list. I'm slotting Turin in the bluess

I'll try to goat it up for you laine, though I'm not used to being called one :P

Dice is easily the most suspect atm for me. RTE after that

<3

This is where I am atm:

Alanna
Turin

Tsuki
Hallia

Eldrick*
Shad
Lenlo

Dice

Rey
Niniel
BFG
RTE

I need Shad and Lenlo to step it up, obviously. And if there are any villagers in orange, prove it to me.

#1451 I just realized Lenlo asked me why I think Dice is town and I didn't realize I didn't answer lol

Dice is a toss up for me. He was pretty scummy early in the game and then a little bit after his claim (despite people still scum reading him) he started to sound better to me, if not necessarily everyone else. I'm a little put off with Turin/Z both scum reading Dice and we'll probably have to solve the slot soon regardless.

#1461 Can't hate Turin's list. I'm slotting Turin in the bluess

I'll try to goat it up for you laine, though I'm not used to being called one :P

Dice is easily the most suspect atm for me. RTE after that

<3

This is where I am atm:

Alanna

Turin

Tsuki

Hallia

Eldrick*

Shad

Lenlo

Dice

Rey

Niniel

BFG

RTE

I need Shad and Lenlo to step it up, obviously. And if there are any villagers in orange, prove it to me.

tumblr_m9u2bkFHxi1r6xe43o1_500.gif

@p56 Turin your wots make my eyes glaze over so bad every time.  God I want to just call you town for your claim and not spend my evening trying to read you.  I'll chew on it more later if I need to but I honestly don't want to waste my time until I see what happens tonight.

irt to the "bogeyman" story, I literally just watched this happen like three weeks ago.

Are you mafia?  If you are town, do you anticipate being alive through endgame?

If you're mafia, hey guess what this is why I say these things.  If you aren't, and you think scum are going to try some fancy play where they leave a consensus town alive the entire game and shoot from the lynch pool instead, get excited because we're probably in for an easy ride.

@p56 Turin your wots make my eyes glaze over so bad every time.  God I want to just call you town for your claim and not spend my evening trying to read you.  I'll chew on it more later if I need to but I honestly don't want to waste my time until I see what happens tonight.

irt to the "bogeyman" story, I literally just watched this happen like three weeks ago.

Are you mafia?  If you are town, do you anticipate being alive through endgame?

If you're mafia, hey guess what this is why I say these things.  If you aren't, and you think scum are going to try some fancy play where they leave a consensus town alive the entire game and shoot from the lynch pool instead, get excited because we're probably in for an easy ride.

RTE and Rey are the ones being pushed by You and Dice and Shad. I think Eldrick has expressed an interest in going there also even tho he is currently voting Dice.

It will take along long time for your answers then. Maybe just post the ones that are immediately coming to your mind? And we can go from there?

:huh:

When did I push Rey?

You been on RTE.

When you lump three people together and say "you're the ones pushing x and y", the implication is that we're all pushing both of them...

I disagree about the connecting part. Its not that someone always can but theres usually stuff that does.

So what will my Town flip tell you?

Focusing on only one person is something you consider Towny behavior?

I'll not speculate on that yet.

It's not that I chose to pick you and leave everyone else. It's just that I feel that the case against you is good so I'm sticking to it.

Why wont you speculate on it?

No one else is scummy to you?

Its like your not allowing for the fact that you could be wrong.  Or looking back and re evaluating your read at all.

Just like I think you should have sticked with Turin if you knew he was lying.

Ive explained this already.

No one was biting, everyone has Turin as Town, there was no competing train atp.  I still think Turin may be Scum but the only thing were not in agreeing about his who had Dice as Scum first.  Like I dont understand why that part itself is such a hang up for everybody.  Also theres more then one Scum in the game.

First, let me tell you how I work. When I´m in a new city I have no sense of direction. I lived in a town where I went to two buildings from different directions and didn´t understand that they were very near each other for a long while. But if I first see a place on a map, then it´s different. Then I have a view from above and can direct using it. Then I remember where things are in relation to each other. That´s the same when I play mafia. I don´t like to talk much irt because then I get lost in the details. I need to read and take notes to see the big picture (and hopefully find something there). On day one I don´t have anything like a map because nothing is sure. I can´t say "if x is mafia then y is town" etc. But I can start to look for that when I have some results from lynch or na results. Okay, that is a long way of telling that I don´t like this long d1. I will not get any wiser by more posts. I will hopefully be wiser with some flips.

I´m never totally sure on my reads. I always doubt myself. Sometimes I feel more confident though (sometimes I´m wrong and sometimes I´m not). The situation with you reminds me of the first game that I played with Sili here. I found something (don´t remember what) that I found wrong and then I focused on him all day 1. I´m not sure if he got lynched d1 or not but he was mafia. I feel very strong that you are mafia. 

That said, I will post a new list soon when I´m done. :)

I remember you connecting dots on people D1 well enough in Dragon Reborn.

I am surprised this isn't more clear to be honest. The way I see it is the only people who know Turin and Zander's alignment is the mafia. Now if they are both town, easiest move for Mafia would be to stay off of either of them entirely. Therefore, if both turn out to be town, or only Zander as I already think Turin is town, I am most suspicious of those who have never voted on either of them or jumped off early.

You're missing the most important aspect of my question: under the circumstances. Dice is the one who initially said we had to lynch between Zander and Turin. You're saying scum would opportunistically call them v/v to keep their hands clean. Ok. But if they are v/v, which is pretty likely now if it wasn't at the time, Dice's hands were already dirty in that regard. I wanted to see if you were paying attention.

Archived