DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why we should all live in Iceland.

Ryrin

132060.jpg

1. The Blue lagoon, Grindavik  

Sip on strawberry champagne as you soak in the milky aquamarine waters of the blue lagoon. This geothermal spa is a large hot pool, which is naturally heated and surrounded by lava fields filled with black volcanic boulders.

Awesome.  Last year:

http://rt.com/news/icelandic-elf-road-court-671/

Icelandic ‘elf lobby’ forces halt on new road construction.

To ease public concerns about elf well-being, the local administration has released a stock media response stating that "issues have been settled by delaying the construction project at a certain point while the elves living there have supposedly moved on.” 

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27907358

Surveys suggest that more than half of Icelanders believe in, or at least entertain the possibility of the existence of, the Huldufolk - the hidden people. Just to be clear, Icelandic elves are not the small, green, pointy-eared variety that help Santa pack the toys at Christmas - they're the same size as you and I, they're just invisible to most of us. Mainly they're a peaceable breed but if you treat them with disrespect, for example by blasting dynamite through their rock houses and churches, they're not reticent about showing their displeasure. During our car journey, Petur tells me several stories about how elves are suspected to be behind bulldozer breakdowns and a series of workmen's accidents.

I wanna live with elves!

132060.jpg

1. The Blue lagoon, Grindavik  

Sip on strawberry champagne as you soak in the milky aquamarine waters of the blue lagoon. This geothermal spa is a large hot pool, which is naturally heated and surrounded by lava fields filled with black volcanic boulders.

I want to go there so badly. Hot springs pools are great.

They got volcanoes alright. A couple of years back most of Europe's air traffick was stopped for days because of a volcano eruption.

people
used to leave babies outside restaurants and stores everywhere in the us until the seventies or so when everyone got paranoid.

Iceland looks lovely.

I'm not going anywhere with "ice" right in the name.

fool
me
once...

Actually Iceland is quite badly named. Iceland and Greenland should in reality switch names, as Iceland isn't really that icy. Northern Norway is actually more north than Iceland.

Anyone else watch Dude,  You're Screwed?

They had one where they dropped a former Navy SEAL in Iceland and he made the mistake of camping over one of the geothermal vents.  Fortunately, his teddy bear is what got soaked more than he did so he had to abandon it. Locals know that is the worst thing you can do if you are stranded in the wilds of Iceland because it's so very dangerous to get wet in a cold climate.

P.S. The teddy bear was one of the things the other guys gave him to "help" him survive in the wilderness.

The show is on Wednesday nights here in the U.S.  I missed last week's show so I'm hoping to catch it tonight before this week's new show (it wasn't available on On-Demand).

I would love to visit Iceland some day!

Archived