DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragon Mount

Ogre

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Ogre.:D

have you signed up to be a raw recruit yet?

well hi, this is based off the Band in the book I guess, but it may not seem so after you start looking around.

however welcome.

*hands Ogre a flaming shot*

this is the official archer drink Ogre, and careful not to spill it, it is against the law to spill the special brew.

First of all let me be the first one to welcome you to DM. Have you thought about joining the band as an org? Its loads of fun, I'd suggest checking out the raw recruit thread.

Also I have to ask, what part of Nevada are you from, I think I may know you. My best friend from Vegas uses the same nickname as your handle.

Anyway, have a drink and enjoy your visit with the band, I hope you decide to stay.

*passes Ogre a flaming shot*

Thanks for the drinks, ummmm whats a flamingshot

I have never lived in vegas vorkia, sorry you must be thinking of a different ogre :D

and im gonna check out that raw recruit thing. Imma workin on reading some more things to get a feel.

Don't mind Sei'Cair, he may be a fellow archer, but he's a trouble maker. :wink:

Oh well, if you were who I thought you were you would have recognised my name, besides I think he's too lazy to read the books anyway.

So when you join the band, you'll become an archer right? We need more men in there.

Awesome Ogre!

And btw I'm Leane, the Captain General of the Archers until a new one is chosen tomorrow :D

Flaming shots are the official Archer drink.

And the only divisional drink worth tasting :wink:

It's great that you are a new recruit. I look forward to having you for a week soon.

yah..there's also Infantry and Cavalry divisions, but I'm sure that you'll decide that the Archers are the best for you :D

Shhhhh Leane, don't tell him about the other divisions. Hopefully they will be too lazy to do any recruiting and we can just nab him up.

Oh and just a friendly warning Ogre, what ever you do DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT drink any of the Infants or the Cavs divisional drinks, the infants tastes like sewage water and the Cav you get horse hairs in it along with the taste of manuer.

*walks in and sees the new recruit being schmoozed*

Greatings and salutaions Orge! That sounds like an Infantry name if I ever heard one. Don't listen to these people about the drinks though, here have some Infantry Ale.

*slides Ogre a tankard of an acidic looking liquid that seems to be eating at the sides*

There! Now that is a drink!

Glad to see that you have stopped by and hope that you will enjoy it here. Stop by my corner anytime for fun and dancing. (and the occasional brawl)

Be looking for you there.

Welcome Ogre!

I am Corki, and I am the one who leads this mottly Crew of Banders! Whether I am like Mat is a question open to opinion! lol!

Anyway, welcome to the Band of the Red Hand! An email with a load of valuable information will be sitting in your inbox shortly!

I have seen you sign up to be a Raw Recruit, which a good start! As you may have read, you will spend a week with each division, gaining experience of each division and getting to know everyone in the Band better! In order to carry out these tasks, you will need to sign into our offboard site (link is in email), where all the Raw Recruit work happens. You will be given various tasks to perform, which I hope you wll enjoy! Executive Officer Footman and myself will assign you the divisions! After the 3 weeks, you will decide which division to join, and then become a full member of that division.

The Band has various Laws, which need to be stuck to. Such laws include no channeling and no spilling Brew and the various offshoots of Brew! A thread on Laws will be here soon! As a Raw Recruit, you will have 4 strikes. This allows you to break the law 4 times, but not feel the punishment of the Redarms, our police force. After using up your 4 strikes, and also after deciding which Division to join, you will face the Redarms like any other Bander!

While a Raw Recruit, you can earn ORG points like any other Bander! A thread about this can be found in the private Band boards here. It is worthwhile reading. Points leads to promotions! ;)

We also have other stuff to do! We have a small RP Thread in the private boards here called The Quest, which is a lot of fun! We also have an ORG Game based on dice rolls, and lessons can be found on the off board site.

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will answer them for you!

And I will boot other members of the Cavalry and Infantry into action here, so you get a flavour of everyone, not just Archers!

One last thing...

*passes Ogre a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

It is the finest of all the Brews available! ;)

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!!!!

Don't mind Sei'Cair' date=' he may be a fellow archer, but he's a trouble maker. :wink:

Oh well, if you were who I thought you were you would have recognised my name, besides I think he's too lazy to read the books anyway.

So when you join the band, you'll become an archer right? We need more men in there.[/quote']

Vorks, I read the books in 9 months. Actually I listened to them on audio book. And I didn't have to have someone sit on me to get me started.

Archived