DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MotG: Guess the Artist Game!

Rhea

I'm pretty sure that's in London ... I remember seeing something in some program about how the curved building to the left reflected so much sunlight that it melted the tar and damaged the cars parked in the street. If it's the same curved building. No clue who the architect of either would be, though.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody?

Hint: He is a Baron and still alive!

I will give another point to anyone who can tell me the name of this building too!

I'm afraid your faith in my is misplaced, mother. I'm stumped. I'm more into old architecture than modern.

If it helps anyone the curved glass building in the back ground looks like that uni-whatever bank in Milan. Then again the sign in the foreground seems to be in English? So I'm not sure.

Haha! Its in my own city as well! Tho i dont go over to the bankers district much (can you tell) my boss goes to that very building all the time! Should have asked him.

Dunno how a northern monkey knew more about London than me ;-)

*edit* *facepalm* mother said it was in London. Points for being too stupid to read the whole thread? :tongue: i remember that story as well now mother. *edit*

hahah!!!!

Ok...last hint! : This architect is the Baron of Riverside, he is also responsible for the Millennium Dome, Terminal 5 of Heathrow Airport, and the European Court of Human Rights buildings. He is also co-owner of the River Cafe in London.

It's got squares in it.

Is it by Mondrian?

No but that was a great guess! I like Mondrian!

Is it Kandinsky?

Yes! I had a feeling you would get this one!

OK...number 9 is up. This time I want the name of the artist and the name of the painting.

I will also give 2 bonus points to anyone who can tell me the story of the controversy (why it was considered controversial) surrounding this painting and when it was originally revealed. 

Ok....

It was religious.

this might help... here is the entire painting. Though the one on the OP is more closely related to the controversial part. 

Michelangelo_Caravaggio_069.jpg

Archived