DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How to start a mafia in main

I'm otherwhisie lousy, whether I'm in it or not, but it has to have cult and cult can win

Cult can be fun. Although the only game I've modded with cult so far (Deep Space Nine in Shayol Ghul) left me leaning toward not liking the modding side of using cult.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would suggest instead, you pm thorum and ask to follow the dead thread, that way you can discuss the game freely as it's ongoing.

I was looking at it ages back but was put off by a couple of games that seemed borderline insulting, friendly mafia seems to have become the norm tho. My first game was fun :smile:

Why? I'm just trying to figure it out still - but it sounds like it's either great fun, or people get really annoyed really fast - and it sounds time consuming

All of the above, in varying degrees. Just wait till I launch my Star Wars trilogy of mafia.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/94-dm-mafia-games/

the in progress ones are pinned but old games make good reading

sometimes if you pm the mod of a game they will give you a link to a private thread where the game can be spectate and discussed with some if the players as they're deaded.

the BT also has really good and really pretty friendly games, up top pinned in the main board, one at a time.

@Jea - I would say Mafia is like a game of survivor with two teams.  Team A and Team B.  Basically you vote people out of the game until one team has a majority and is the winner.

Of course, if everyone knew who was on what team that would be simple.  So to make it more interesting, Team A has lots of people but nobody knows who is on what team.  Team B has only a couple but they all know each other.  So then when it comes to voting people out everybody has to convince other people to believe them and vote along with them. 

Where it gets interesting is that Team B can try to work together to keep voting out Team A until Team B gets a majority.  If Team B is really obvious about working together, the big Team A will figure it out and vote them out.  So everybody might be lying.  Or not.  

In Mafia there are a number of mechanics to make it so Team A and Team B have a fair chance at winning.  Things like night and day, team B gets to secretly off team A members, etc

Basel I better be an auto signup for those SW games!

I'll keep you in mind, Dice, but th first one is ninth in line on the mafia board, so it'll be a while. That should give you plenty of time to read up on the proper care and feeding of your ysalamiri.

@Jea - I would say Mafia is like a game of survivor with two teams.  Team A and Team B.  Basically you vote people out of the game until one team has a majority and is the winner.

Of course, if everyone knew who was on what team that would be simple.  So to make it more interesting, Team A has lots of people but nobody knows who is on what team.  Team B has only a couple but they all know each other.  So then when it comes to voting people out everybody has to convince other people to believe them and vote along with them. 

Where it gets interesting is that Team B can try to work together to keep voting out Team A until Team B gets a majority.  If Team B is really obvious about working together, the big Team A will figure it out and vote them out.  So everybody might be lying.  Or not.  

In Mafia there are a number of mechanics to make it so Team A and Team B have a fair chance at winning.  Things like night and day, team B gets to secretly off team A members, etc

That helps...I think?

Archived