DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sleeping with the Light on.

csarmi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehehe, I see what you did there :D

I sometimes sleep with the lights on..... but only mainly because I'm too lazy to get up and shut it off, or so tired I forget XD I went through a phase of fearing the dark when I was younger, but my parents didn't raise no electricity squanderer.

Candles, though, are awesome :) if there weren't the danger of them setting everything alight while you're snoozing...

I want it as dark as possible. I try to have the window open a little since I know that I sleep better if it´s not too warm. Unfortunately I get easily cold so I can´t have it open all year. I always sleep with the door open. The only time that I shut the door was when I was a student and lived with other people. 

I have two pairs of curtains in my bedroom; I can't normally get to sleep when it's light unless I am vair vair tired. Especially since I been at uni, where I had blinds that blocked out all the light so it was pitch black. I leave my door open when I'm asleep, and I tend to keep my window open all summer until it gets too cold again or I'm overrun by spiders. I like having the fresh air and being able to listen to the weather while I'm in bed :)

I want it as dark as possible. I try to have the window open a little since I know that I sleep better if it´s not too warm. Unfortunately I get easily cold so I can´t have it open all year. I always sleep with the door open. The only time that I shut the door was when I was a student and lived with other people.

That's interesting because it was exactly the opposite for me. My front door is always locked at night at home. Always been.

In the dorm, however, we never closed any doors. Not even when leaving for the university. At night? No way :)

I have become much more paranoid since then, however. Or I just got more to lose.

As for the balcony door, I keep it open these days. Not in winter because it would mess with the heating system.

I can't close my bedroom door. Mom said so.

I want it to be dark but not totally dark as I get lost when I wake up at night. My room is mostly dark except for a small light.

Windows open during summer, close in winters

Speaking of mums and windows. When I sleep at my parents' in my old room, my mum keeps coming in when i'm asleep (or just whenever) and opens the window, but just tilts it a little bit (almost everyone's got a tilt and turn window in Hungary these days), in a way that I wouldn't notice.

I have caught cold countless times by simply not noticing that. I have a weird temperature sense, often I don't notice at all if I'm cold (or if it's too warm).

Archived