DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sleeping with the Light on.

csarmi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mat, what's the difference between those pictures? They seem very similar to me.

cranefly.jpg

What? That's not a daddy long legs! This is a daddy long legs:

daddy_long_legs_lrg.jpg

Matty's picture is clearly a spider.  Ithi's has wings and 6 legs.

I've always known Daddy Long Legs as a type of spider as well but that could conceivably be one of the many differences in terminology between the US and the UK.

What about open Air?

Do you close the door? What about the windows? Does it depend on the season?

I can't sleep comfortably if I feel too exposed - if I'm in my own home, the doors to the outside are shut and locked, but I prefer the bedroom door open unless there are others in the house who may be making enough noise to disturb me.

If I'm in someone else's house, the bedroom door is closed.

Windows being open are fine if the weather permits (not so hot the air conditioning has to be on,and not so cold that I can't get cozy warm under the covers) and there isn't a big concern with security of the neighborhood.

lol

I have a friend that can´t sleep if it´s not completely silent around her. Once when she slept in our flat we had to start the morning with trying to find all the clocks that she had hidden during the night. Many years later she was very sick and ended up in the hospital. One of our friends managed to convince the nurses to remove the clocks in the room. :)

I wouldn't even know where to start to make silence around here.

Buses going bye, our neighbours flushing down their tilets, the heating system buzzing 24/7. My old computer was loud as hell too and I wouldn't turn it off.

Archived