DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How did you die recently

Red2111

list the game you were playing and how you died in it :lol:

i have 3 games

Minecraft -> tried to swim in lava.  *eye roll*  more like a creeper came up, went boom and flung me into lava.  its not like i saw a pool of lava and though "omg this looks like a great place to take a swim" but whatever.

Fallout 3 -> blown up by an RPG froma  super mutant near the drive in

Demon Souls ->  bloody lance weilding skeleton guy hit me, driving me backwards into the bloody orange dragons fire on the 3rd run of that frickin bridge.   this now makes the 3rd time i've rage quit the game :laugh:

Hmmm....  All three most recent deaths are in GW2.

1) Staked through the heart by a necromancer in PvP.

2) Tossed from the battlements by the long-bow shot of a Ranger in the same PVP session.

and 3) Crushed beneath the rolling mass of Karka who went on to steam-roll my team mates in like manner.

lvl 50 character in Skyrim ... gone ... 

linkage for word useage. 

*on a side note, <3 Rage Quit Michael!!  he's awesome ^_^ *

died in Minecraft last night.  doing the shift build scenario and shifted it a bit too far over the edge.  i got out of the lava, but burned to death *sigh*

lvl 50 character in Skyrim ... gone ...  this woudl be my reaction   linkage for word useage. 

*on a side note, <3 Rage Quit Michael!!  he's awesome ^_^ *

died in Minecraft last night.  doing the shift build scenario and shifted it a bit too far over the edge.  i got out of the lava, but burned to death *sigh*

:angry:   :mad:  :mellow:   :huh:  :rolleyes:  :biggrin:  

Rage, yes.  X-box murder, no.  Funny though, and tempting at the time.  Just a reason to start over and take a slightly different path.  Back to lvl22 without doing any of the easy lvl-ups like smithing and potions and stuff.  Still haven't started any main quest items.  Just tooling around waiting for my x-box to dump on me again.  GRRRRR...

• 2 weeks later...

Dark souls. I died to an invisible, "optional" boss. Apparently if you attack Priscilla, you can't leave the Painted World. Who knew. And then I killed her and she made me feel guilty about it. What a bitch. :tongue:

And then I beat Ornstein and Smough in one go, my first time through. I feel like I might have over-leveled the area. Oh well; at least Priscilla killed me a good few times.

• Community Administrator

Dark souls. I died to an invisible, "optional" boss. Apparently if you attack Priscilla, you can't leave the Painted World. Who knew. And then I killed her and she made me feel guilty about it. What a bitch. :tongue:

And then I beat Ornstein and Smough in one go, my first time through. I feel like I might have over-leveled the area. Oh well; at least Priscilla killed me a good few times.

Bah, you suck.

Ornstein and Smough always give me trouble!

Heh. Crossbows are OP. I'd been using sword and shield for most of the game, then I +10ed a heavy crossbow just 'cause and decided to give it a bash... and found out that I liked it. As soon as I walked into that boss room I said screw melee. I imagine it's horrible trying to melee those two at the same time without having a huge damage output.

I also died to the harpie/crow things in the Painted World way more than I should have. I assume they're crows because there was a lot of Velka stuff (and crows) in the Painted World.

Darkfall- Spent all night finding a Sea Scraper (A fairly expensive boat.) Pulled it from the bank to go on my first salvaging run with it and got double teamed by a pair of Random Player Killers on my way to the water. My only time getting ganked since coming back and it had to be right then!

Minecraft- Building a temporary scaffold reaching into the sky so I can create a floating island in the sky. Was out of the water when I fell off so I assume I'll be fine and then. BAM! LILLYPAD! I was laughing so hard it didn't even upset me.

• 5 months later...

so there i was, on my nilla server i play on, using he nether quick travel portal system we have goiing to fast travel to another persons base to finish building the auto farm i was hired to build and i see this pigman all alone, right.

so here i am, all macho and badassery, lvl 30 with a diamond sword enchanted w/ unbreaking 4, knock back 3 and fire aspect.   so i go attack him and kill him.  i turn the corner and see another pigman, all by his lonesome and not even agro'd.

so i say to myself *shrug* why not, i can use the gold.  BAM, i forgot to refill my health bar, and the stupid thing not only kills me but also proceeds to put on my armor and steal my sword then play mogar the defender over my loot.

so 20 deaths and 4 minutes later, a friend comes in and gets him to agro on her while i dip out and get my shit then pelt the SOB with arrows.

so i've learned my lesson,  now i just pelt them with arrows in a defense tower XD

Dark Souls, was farming souls in Darkroot Basin.  A friend walked in and distracted me just long enough for the invasion warning to appear and vanish again.  So next thing I know I'm dodging the Axeman and suddenly this bush moves up behind me and stabs me in the back for an insta-kill.  That was how I learned that the camouflage spell is useful.

Guild Wars 2, world vs world.  Was off on my own trying to catch up to our main attack group when I ran into an enemy zerg.  I jumped off the nearest cliff rather than give them the satisfaction of killing me.

Minecraft, got knocked off a ledge by a creeper into.... wait for it.... five more creepers!

Was finishing up AC4: Black Flag. The controls went all wonky, and while jumping for a ledge... I missed it by a mile and fell to my death.

I did this about  4 more times because the game was a dick.

Then I shoved my boot so far up the last bosses ass it came out of his mouth.

The boot didn't survive. 

Was playing Halo 4 multiplayer on Heavies, where I got constantly splattered by an annoying banshee. Got sooo angry that I took a sniper rifle and emptied two clips to take it out. Then got splattered by another a few minutes later ;P

It might have been the same dork ;P

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally Finished my first Dark Souls playthrough (No Kindling/Summoning--even NPCs--Allowed). Used a Quality build (probably the least optimal build for low soul levels, even if it picks up a lot in the higher levels) and Heavy Armour. At the start of the game, I felt like those would be sufficient handicaps, especially for the first time through. As it turns out, the build/Set up was fairly OP, and the only weak link was me. I only really had trouble with 2 bosses: Priscilla and Gwyn (Gwyn took me 8-9 tries I think. It took me a while to abandon the Occult/Fire/+15 Longsword in favour of a +14 Lucerne... who is a beast btw. Also had to trade out my+9 armour set for a full set of +5 Black Iron because TARKAS!). I had some moderate difficulty with the Four Kings (5 attempts). I don't out DPS very well. And I seemed to have  some bad luck with the Extra Kings popping up and using the nearly undodge-able (for a heavy player) magic attack constantly. 

So yeah. I mostly died to the Four Kings and Gwyn today. Oh, I had more deaths in the Crystal Cave than both of those boss battles put together; And not a one of them was caused by and enemy. I'm not a huge fan of platforming on those crystals. Or the invisible crystals. Getting that Blue Titanite Slab was... I'd say frustrating, but I was laughing to hard to be frustrated. Might also be why I fell a few times.

So I finally Finished my first Dark Souls playthrough (No Kindling/Summoning--even NPCs--Allowed). Used a Quality build (probably the least optimal build for low soul levels, even if it picks up a lot in the higher levels) and Heavy Armour. At the start of the game, I felt like those would be sufficient handicaps, especially for the first time through. As it turns out, the build/Set up was fairly OP, and the only weak link was me. I only really had trouble with 2 bosses: Priscilla and Gwyn (Gwyn took me 8-9 tries I think. It took me a while to abandon the Occult/Fire/+15 Longsword in favour of a +14 Lucerne... who is a beast btw. Also had to trade out my+9 armour set for a full set of +5 Black Iron because TARKAS!). I had some moderate difficulty with the Four Kings (5 attempts). I don't out DPS very well. And I seemed to have some bad luck with the Extra Kings popping up and using the nearly undodge-able (for a heavy player) magic attack constantly.

So yeah. I mostly died to the Four Kings and Gwyn today. Oh, I had more deaths in the Crystal Cave than both of those boss battles put together; And not a one of them was caused by and enemy. I'm not a huge fan of platforming on those crystals. Or the invisible crystals. Getting that Blue Titanite Slab was... I'd say frustrating, but I was laughing to hard to be frustrated. Might also be why I fell a few times.

I only have problems with smaug & ornstein! Every damn time!!

Lol

So I finally Finished my first Dark Souls playthrough (No Kindling/Summoning--even NPCs--Allowed). Used a Quality build (probably the least optimal build for low soul levels, even if it picks up a lot in the higher levels) and Heavy Armour. At the start of the game, I felt like those would be sufficient handicaps, especially for the first time through. As it turns out, the build/Set up was fairly OP, and the only weak link was me. I only really had trouble with 2 bosses: Priscilla and Gwyn (Gwyn took me 8-9 tries I think. It took me a while to abandon the Occult/Fire/+15 Longsword in favour of a +14 Lucerne... who is a beast btw. Also had to trade out my+9 armour set for a full set of +5 Black Iron because TARKAS!). I had some moderate difficulty with the Four Kings (5 attempts). I don't out DPS very well. And I seemed to have some bad luck with the Extra Kings popping up and using the nearly undodge-able (for a heavy player) magic attack constantly.

I only have problems with smaug & ornstein! Every damn time!!

Lol

I had problems parrying Gwyn. Not sure why. I'm decent with everyone else. Couldn't make it happen. Lucerne sorta made that irrelevant. And poise of course.

I dunno, O&S just died for me. I even killed Smough first like I wanted. I think I mentioned before that I used a +10 Heavy Crossbow. I didn't die once to O&S, even though I believe that it is (widely) considered the hardest boss fight. Pre-DLC at least. I'm not sure where Manus fits in on the majority's difficulty list.

• 9 months later...

minecraft ... an abandoned mine shaft, hear a bunch of cave spiders so i got to nix the infestation and the bugger swarm me.  i went back 3 times before massacring them all with extreme vengeance, but i was able to recover all of my crap xD

table top D&D - i play a Kobold hats mutli-classed  lvl12 Barbarian & lvl 10 Monk.  i've put most of my skill points into Hide, Sneak & Intimidation ...  because well the first two make sense for a Kobold, and its funny as hell to see NPC's get intimidated by a Kobold  (i got a barbarian cheiftan to back off and a group of barbarians to pee them selves so far) xD  Kobi also has an Opal Dagger, which is a Legendary Epic level weapon that auto-kills when you crit with it, has a crit range of 15-20 and auto-return when thrown  (i call it the the Dagger of Extreme Awesomeness)

so we came across this party of NPC's in our world that were hunting razor back bores  (okay more like we knew they were there and wanted to know why they were circling our town type of "ran" into them) after much talking between them and the other party members talk this party of NPC's into letting us hunt with them (to build good repore or some crap like that xD)  while this is going on, Kobi and one of the NPCs (a rock thing covered in jagged spikes that speaks some sort of gravelly language) makes it plane that he doesn't like my Kobold.  Kobi being the brash egotistical creature he is ...  the feeling was mutual lmao

so we hunt the boar and Kobi crits with the Dagger and decapitates it.  as a free action, and because well Kobi is Kobi, i roll to intimidate the rock creatures with a "And What" sort of gesture.  the thing back hands Kobi, sends him soaring back, knocking him prone, and my party attacks it.

fast forward, the spikes in the creature are laced with some sort of spore that starts zapping intelligence and strength from people embedded with them and myself and another party member die from this.

it wasn't perma death, we woke up a few hours (in game) later ...  with a few new powers and amnesia.

the stuff that followed was hilarious,  but yeah that was my most recent death

Archived