DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just Saw Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

EmperorAllspice

Blech. It was so BORING. Nothing but heroes being awesome.

And awesomeness that makes no sense.

And people going "that's why it's so AWESOME" just makes me genuinely upset. Because I WANTED to like it, but with people yammering on about how cool the heroes are, I want to slaughter something.

I think you should just focus on the things that you like about a storyline, instead of looking for all the things that you don't like. I understand though that it can be difficult to switch that critic mode off when you are reading a book or watching a series.

I was loving the Anti-Spiral king. It just was getting on my nerves that their intelligent strategies were rendered moot purely due to will power.

They could at least give a reason, the anti-spirals were the guys who SPECIALIZED in beating the kind of power Simon was using.

It'd be like if Rand managed to Balefire the gholam because he really really wanted to.

Well, actually being dangerous for one. Being competent. Able to achieve their goals. If not charming then at least possessing some amount of dignity.

I'd prefer an antagonist to be smart rather than powerful though both isn't bad.

Generally I like the bad guy to be well intentioned or at least having sympathetic qualities.

Above all I want THEIR actions to give the hero a hard time. Not the protagonist screwing himself over half the time

Hmmm, you want a bloody anime... Might I suggest Death Note (In both English and Japanese) or the new series, Attack on Titan (Only in Japanese with english subtitles but free to watch on crunchyroll)\

Edit: Also forgot Elfen Lied (Both english and japanese)

Archived