DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I was going to bump the old thread, but ... (DM Archive)

Taya

Hi all,

Back in 2011 I posted that the DM archives were goin' down, down, down and would stay that way until I could find a new place to put them. Well, they're still down, and while I had temporarily set up shop on Arie's domain, I have now finally got my own domain and I am working on re-building the Caves. Right now I have only just begun, but the bare bones beginnings can be found here:

http://trishafarnan.com/wotcaves/index.php

I do have a lot more "stuff" to put up there. I have also created a new forum specifically for my MoN documents that I used while I was the Community MoN over here. :)

Anyway, just wanted to share the URL and let you know that I will be updating a lot over there.

Cheers,

Taya

Haha, can always count on some sort of tackling huggy type thing from you Fnorllsie :)

Of course, I will update here again when I have finally put up EVERYTHING I know of that can be put up there ;) But that will take a good while. :P I might update with any 'milestones' as well.

Haha, I don't know him as anything but happy bouncy Fnorrllsie :D

I have been feeling rather sentimental about DM lately, but mostly about the former "combined" DM that I knew when I first joined. Of course I've had plenty of good times on both "sides" since the split as well :)

Cool!  Are some of the thread links "broken" or maybe just haven't been completed yet?  When I clicked on my AS Raising thread, a photo of some guy came up and told me I broke the internet . . . :ohmy:

:biggrin:

Daruya, yes! They are all broken for the most part ;) I have to update all those links. I usually put a post underneath the 'link' posts when I have updated them. So far I've only done one. :P

Thing is, a lot of the links are to things I haven't re-posted yet, so I was going to fix them when the stuff is done. But with the RP link post, I just removed all links except those I had already re-posted. So I will probably do that with all the 'link post' posts.

Re: Aussie, yeah it was fun wasn't it? I also taught it once I think at A'vron, but it probably needs to stay in the past. haha

Haha, I don't know him as anything but happy bouncy Fnorrllsie :D

I have been feeling rather sentimental about DM lately, but mostly about the former "combined" DM that I knew when I first joined. Of course I've had plenty of good times on both "sides" since the split as well :)

These days im known as "Snarly." Go figure. Life affects people.

I always felt he same on coming back to DM, missing "the good old days" but trust me, in a couple months it'd be like an old home again. This bunch arent too bad, once you snarl at them a bit and estaish your place in the pack :wink:

In truth I'm a bit past the whole WoT community thing, and haven't felt the 'inspiration'. And yet getting the Caves up again and reminiscing has got me all 'awwwww those were good times'. hehe. I have no doubt that good times can be had again. But there is only one "first time you join a WoT community", and mine was with DM. So naturally I have a soft spot for this place :) And in many ways it is a place that changed my life!

Dude, I've just been putting up some old 'fragments' from around when I joined DM - I am only now realising what a complete PITA Tania and I must've been for the higher ups to try and handle. LOL. No wonder we got sent to the farm!

I could never find my exact DM joining date either. I go by the day I created my ezboard account but I think my joining date is earlier than that. The only indication I had was the email I got from Sabine on the day I became a novice... but that email is lost to a hotmail account that got hacked and locked a long time ago.  :/

Nyn

Well, I can still get into my "ezboard" account (one of them anyway) but now it's via Yuku. I was actually signed in to it yesterday to get at more Broken World threads :) 

I'm pretty sure I can get into the Taya one as well, but haven't tried it yet.

I have a lot of stuff on file, but it's taking a while to get through it all. In fact I still feel that I've barely even begun to scrape the surface, even if there's a fair bit up already. I'll slowly be putting it all up on the Caves though. :) I am at work right now so can't get to my stuff to see if I have anything for you two re: joining dates.

Currently I'm having trouble searching the forums for terms I KNOW are in there, not sure how to fix it. I've rebuilt the search index and all that but still having trouble. But I'll keep tinkering :)

EDIT: Fixed the search issue! Was making a silly "you aren't reading things properly at all" mistake ;)

Archived