DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dark Souls

Darthe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't played it in a while now, but Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are both great.  I hear they are coming out with yet another spiritual successor. 

Nothing better than good, challenging gameplay. 

You play on PS3?

It has been a while since I've played...any sort of video game at all.  I think the last video game I played was Dark Souls, and I beat it in about two weeks and haven't played anything since.  Maybe I should pick up the stix again for a couple more rounds

"beat it in two weeks" and "dark souls" are oxymorons imo  :tongue:

lol, yeah, I spent a lot of time on it during those two weeks.  Of course, I went through it with a friend and we kept joining each other's games to beat bosses, etc.  Stupid two dragons on the rooftop was such an impossible boss without friends joining.

• 6 months later...

I was so afraid to play this game, so much that i awaited for a price drop because i knew it could make me never want to pick it up again.

Bit of history about myself, i play a lot of games. But i tend to enjoy them more for the experience and story than for the technique or online. Games like Portal 2, Bioshock or Dead space. 

But, i can honestly say that Dark Souls (and Demons) grabbed me unlike anything i have ever played. i can't put this game down. 

Became a massive fan and cannot wait for number 2. 

SL 200 pure mage right here.  No weapons of any kind, just sorceries for ranged and the various Combustions for melee.  It's actually a lot of fun if you don't mind relying on your dodging ability instead of good health/armor to survive.

• Community Administrator

Similar John Stark. Though I was able to put it down.

The sense of accomplishment from beating even a single boss in Demon/Dark Souls, Rivals that of downing a boss for the first time on an MMORPG. And that alone can be pretty awesome experience. (It is why they are so addicting)

• 2 months later...

I'm going to try and snag it tonight.  Unfortunately I'm stupid busy for the next 3 days so won't get much of a chance to touch it.

I feel ya.. I still have crap I gotta do in EQN:L alpha but I want to play the hell out of DS2 as well....

And I gotta finish the new Sanderson novel...

So, I started DS2 last night.  First thing first, I ran off a cliff and died just to see the "YOU DIED" pop up.  Next thing is I explored and found a rock troll.  I didn't have any weapons, was basically running around naked and punching things and decided that I MUST beat it's @$$ before moving on to getting weapons, making my character, etc.  So, I spent the next two hours trying and dying, over and over.  Happy to say, I finally managed to beat it only to get a stupid stone ring.  I then took another couple steps forward and hit the cutscene where I chose my character class (cleric, to make the game impossibly hard...er) and got my weapons and armor.  Found out that I could easily backtrack and still kill the stupid rock troll.  Lol, I should have saved tons of time by getting the weapon first, but I still feel good about killing the thing bare handed.  BEAST MODE!

I'm not going to buy it straight away.  I'm solely a PC gamer, and the original DS port was so bad i'm not willing to spend more than 15$ on the new one, if I remember to get it at all.

This one should be better. It was actually made (unlike DS) for console & pc. So its not going to be a straight up port. (thankfully)

http://www.shacknews.com/article/82419/dark-souls-2-will-be-a-good-pc-experience

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/12/dark-souls-2-producer-talks-pc-delay-possibility-of-world-events/

Its going to have a little more content to boot. ^_^

Man... 

Just spent 2 hours on the Pursuer boss, before burning a the last giants soul, to buy effigies, to summon help to kill the ass.

Then, I couldn't kill the trio-boss after him! 

I could take down 1 easy. But taking on 2 at the same time was just.. bad.

And the summoned help? Useless. >_<

So, I went back to the stone-tower area.. With the big-stone warriors. Breezed passed it.. (relatively)

Took out the dragon rider boss on the first try.

Went past that. Got the next camp. Then.. guess what I found?

blighttown 2.0.

/ugh

Taking a day of from ds2 tomorrow, else I  might hit something... 

Man... 

Just spent 2 hours on the Pursuer boss, before burning a the last giants soul, to buy effigies, to summon help to kill the ass.

Then, I couldn't kill the trio-boss after him! 

I could take down 1 easy. But taking on 2 at the same time was just.. bad.

And the summoned help? Useless. >_<

So, I went back to the stone-tower area.. With the big-stone warriors. Breezed passed it.. (relatively)

Took out the dragon rider boss on the first try.

Went past that. Got the next camp. Then.. guess what I found?

blighttown 2.0.

/ugh

Taking a day of from ds2 tomorrow, else I  might hit something... 

I never fight bosses alone...if I can help it.  If the hired help is useful, useless, either way they distract the bosses and basically allow free hits. 

You play on PS3, right?  What is your gamertag?

Archived