DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dark Souls

Darthe

I havnt had to many problems yet with the bosses. Nothing that I would say is super difficult like O&S.  I also havnt found the Ruin Golem things yet though either. I musta missed them. You all seem to have missed the Old Dragonslayer boss though in the area with the big stone knights. Take a left instead of a right at the room with the 3 enemies and youll run into him. Gets you a nice ring thats like the cling ring in Demon Souls. More hp while hollowed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Nice, I took a right, for the dragonrider boss.

The pursuer/others are in the giants forest. Its a different/easier place to start out with.

Like in ds, you can go to the crypt, and get your arse reamed, or go left, into the castle.

I havnt had to many problems yet with the bosses. Nothing that I would say is super difficult like O&S.  I also havnt found the Ruin Golem things yet though either. I musta missed them. You all seem to have missed the Old Dragonslayer boss though in the area with the big stone knights. Take a left instead of a right at the room with the 3 enemies and youll run into him. Gets you a nice ring thats like the cling ring in Demon Souls. More hp while hollowed.

Nope, I've slain the dragonrider and the dragonslayer.  Can't figure out what to do with that idiot at the blue cathedral who says i wouldn't make a good blue knight.  If I can't figure it out soon I shall have to kill him.

my PS3 tag is tglembo.  I'm going to be leaving work a bit early today and playing this afternoon.  I'll PM you when I do and we can try to coordinate over facebook or something

The trio boss of the golems is after the giant eagle flies you away.

Man, I thought old dragonslayer would be easy..

But they may as well have just tossed you the ornstien/smaug fight (final form) all over again! 

Ended up calling in help..  Twice. (2 allies) finally killed the sucker.

Now I'm in the cove (blight town vs 2.0?) 

Accidently used the vendor that you can sell to once, before disappearing.

Taking a 30 minute break before diving back in.

Definitely ranking this as tougher than Dark Souls 1, though slightly easier than Demons Souls. If only in two ways. 

1) campfires/teleports.

2) if you die to much, enemies actually start despawning to make it easier to progress!

What are you running? Im doing a classic sword and board with heavy armor and a claymore.

Going mostly Str/Dex. Right now leaning towards Str over dex. but I'll let dex over take Str, for now.

I almost always go shield & spear. But this time around I'm sword and board. 

But I'm not going tank-mode Like I always used to. Instead, I'm trying to go a little more agile than before. So I'm wearing light armor, (under 30% carry weight)

I may end up going to spear, but only carrying a shield when I have to. Depends on if I can get me a good unique spear or not.

Found me a beast of a sword early. (Fire Sword +4) doing nearly 270 dmg with it currently.

I found me my weapon.

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragonrider+Twinblade

Dragonrider%20Twinblade.png

Check out how many souls I have :-)

OTOObzd.jpg

I know where your at.. 

I feel sorry for you, if you can't take those big guys down solo.

Side note, you can actually run right past that entire place, into the boss room fairly easy.

Boss is definitely soloable, with a little time and patience. :)

Yeah, I already beat the lost sinner.  Took me a second to figure out how to solo those big guys but they are slow and easy.

I hate hate HATE those dudes who jump at you and explode.  Hate with a fury. 

Yea.. I'm past that a bit.. and managed to get raped by around twenty of those guys jumping on my face all at the same time.

I think you can find bits and pieces of me on the ceiling still.

I didnt have trouble with them since im using a great sword. :P One swing when they jump and 4 of them go down. Big guys werent that bad either.

I liked the Lost Sinner, was a memorable fight for me cause I just liked his design.

Just beat it an hour or so ago ((Go go spring break after midterms with no work!)) and I must say twas very good. Ending bosses started to get much tougher and I actually had to summon help for the second to last.

Just finished the no-man's wharf.  Stupid siamese twin boss was freakin' annoying, but not that hard.  Just had to use all my lightning miracles in order to beat him.  Now I have no idea where to go anymore.  I used the anti-petrify on Straid, which means I can't use it on the that one girl who is block the lever.  I feel like I've exhausted the possibilites around Heide's tower and the Bastille.  Hmm.

Just finished the no-man's wharf.  Stupid siamese twin boss was freakin' annoying, but not that hard.  Just had to use all my lightning miracles in order to beat him.  Now I have no idea where to go anymore.  I used the anti-petrify on Straid, which means I can't use it on the that one girl who is block the lever.  I feel like I've exhausted the possibilites around Heide's tower and the Bastille.  Hmm.

Oh! I was nearly stuck there myself.

turns out, that lady you talk on the flame-tower, when you exhaust her dialogue, she moves to the hub town.

When she moves there, go back down the pathway to the tower, in that big circle room. You pay her 2000 souls, and she'll rotate the room, to unlock the next area!

Anyways, as a side note.

Don't let your gear break! It sucks! And Expensive!

Going to cost me nearly 25,000 souls to repair!

/ugh

I didnt have trouble with them since im using a great sword. :P One swing when they jump and 4 of them go down. Big guys werent that bad either.

I liked the Lost Sinner, was a memorable fight for me cause I just liked his design.

Just beat it an hour or so ago ((Go go spring break after midterms with no work!)) and I must say twas very good. Ending bosses started to get much tougher and I actually had to summon help for the second to last.

I just got the demon-club from the crow. Things a BEAST!

Oh! I was nearly stuck there myself.

turns out, that lady you talk on the flame-tower, when you exhaust her dialogue, she moves to the hub town.

When she moves there, go back down the pathway to the tower, in that big circle room. You pay her 2000 souls, and she'll rotate the room, to unlock the next area!

Anyways, as a side note.

Don't let your gear break! It sucks! And Expensive!

Going to cost me nearly 25,000 souls to repair!

/ugh

The lady I'm buying miracles from?  Hmm...sounds good.  I ended up buying the cat's ring and falling down into the grave of saints.  Starting to explore there now.  It is found falling down the big well in Majula.

I just got the demon-club from the crow. Things a BEAST!

Nice!

I'm a little pissed.  I spent the dragonrider's soul to get the Dragonrider's Twinblade....and it sucks so far!  It is so heavy I have to shed everything else.  I'm two handing it but if I don't kill on the first pass then I invariably get hit...and for all that, it isn't nearly as strong as my Mace+4.  I really need to find a lightning weapon since I'm a faith build.

The lady I'm buying miracles from?  Hmm...sounds good.  I ended up buying the cat's ring and falling down into the grave of saints.  Starting to explore there now.  It is found falling down the big well in Majula.

Yep. She should move to Majula after you go through all of her dialogue.

Nice!

I'm a little pissed.  I spent the dragonrider's soul to get the Dragonrider's Twinblade....and it sucks so far!  It is so heavy I have to shed everything else.  I'm two handing it but if I don't kill on the first pass then I invariably get hit...and for all that, it isn't nearly as strong as my Mace+4. 

I love the twinblade.. but wth did they make it so heavy?! I'm kinda disappointed in the damage. It has a low base slashing damage! (which makes no damned sense!)

Then, it has a higher Magic Damage modifier.. and just like in DS, most of your mobs actually have a high Magic Resist..Which just makes my Flame Long sword +4 so much better. 

I even got it up to a +1 (petrified dragon bone, or whatever its called)

My flame swords sitting at 384~ dmg, with my twin blade sitting around 208.

So I'm shelving it until I can upgrade it further. (also going to upgrade the lighter/cheaper twin blade,and hopefully make that one lightning)

Though, I also have to say, its swing-dmg-radius is also sub-par. It should have a greater range than it has,  you can clearly see it hitting mobs, but they don't take damage.

I really need to find a lightning weapon since I'm a faith build.

Are there any Holy weapons any longer? I got some pesky rezzing skeletons that won't die...

oh, as to your weight.

Spend 16,000 souls with the armorer in Majula, if you talk to him with zero souls, he'll give you a pretty nice set of light-high def armor.

Infact, it also increases your maximum equip load! 

I'm able to equip the dragon twin-blade + pursuers greatsheild, with only 50% capacity. ^_^

Yep. She should move to Majula after you go through all of her dialogue.

Nice!

I'm a little pissed.  I spent the dragonrider's soul to get the Dragonrider's Twinblade....and it sucks so far!  It is so heavy I have to shed everything else.  I'm two handing it but if I don't kill on the first pass then I invariably get hit...and for all that, it isn't nearly as strong as my Mace+4. 

I love the twinblade.. but wth did they make it so heavy?! I'm kinda disappointed in the damage. It has a low base slashing damage! (which makes no damned sense!)

Then, it has a higher Magic Damage modifier.. and just like in DS, most of your mobs actually have a high Magic Resist..Which just makes my Flame Long sword +4 so much better. 

I even got it up to a +1 (petrified dragon bone, or whatever its called)

My flame swords sitting at 384~ dmg, with my twin blade sitting around 208.

So I'm shelving it until I can upgrade it further. (also going to upgrade the lighter/cheaper twin blade,and hopefully make that one lightning)

Though, I also have to say, its swing-dmg-radius is also sub-par. It should have a greater range than it has,  you can clearly see it hitting mobs, but they don't take damage.

I really need to find a lightning weapon since I'm a faith build.

Are there any Holy weapons any longer? I got some pesky rezzing skeletons that won't die...

oh, as to your weight.

Spend 16,000 souls with the armorer in Majula, if you talk to him with zero souls, he'll give you a pretty nice set of light-high def armor.

Infact, it also increases your maximum equip load! 

I'm able to equip the dragon twin-blade + pursuers greatsheild, with only 50% capacity. ^_^

Lady still hasn't moved back to Majula.  I've talked and talked to her, but no dice.  She did give me a very nice set of Cleric items though.  I now have the iron charm which makes my holy lightning hit for almost double the damage as before.  The saints robes she gave were...meh.  I think that you get different items by talking to people dependent on your starting class?

As for DR twinblade, I have shelved it also.  I figured I was going to try and learn it, legitimately, and become a bad@$$, but the other problem is that it breaks very, very, very quickly.  Dunno why as it has the same durability as my mace, but oh well.  Apparently there is a lightning based weapon that Straid sells you at some point in the game.  Lightning scales with faith so if I can snag that I will have my answer.

As for the hint about the blacksmith, I'll try it, once I get back from the gutters. Oh god...the gutters, poison and dark.  Now I know what you were talking about when you said blighttown 2.0.  *Sigh

The gutters was annoying. The little statues spit poison every time you walk by them. Bosses down there went to bad though.

I liked using the Pursuers Great sword, thing hits pretty well and it has a nice vertical swing. The chick moves into that area between Majula and Hiedes tower though.

I liked using the Pursuers Great sword, thing hits pretty well and it has a nice vertical swing. The chick moves into that area between Majula and Hiedes tower though.

I found my new favorite weapon.

Black Knight Halberd

This, this is epic.

I have a Fire Long sword +10, it does something like 480 dmg.

This beast is already hitting for 500 dmg! I think I'm up to 540 making it a +2!

Here's the kicker.

This black Knight Halberd, comes with Fire Damage.

Meaning, when I get the ember, to infuse it with other elements. 

I can  do Physical + Fire + Anything else. (Or even double up on Fire)

So I could do Physical/Fire/Bleeding

All your Black Knight weapons have this special combination! Infact, any item, with any kind of status effect, that doesn't say "Fire", "enchanted", "Lacerating", can have upwards of two status effects!

I'm still looking forward to upgrading my twin-blades (either of them, though I'm eyeing the curved twin blade for later game) and applying something like Bleed or Poison to it. Two hits from a twin blade (comes out to as 4 hits!) can trigger the bleed/poison effect!

Archived