DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dark Souls

Darthe

Im liking the Twinblades myself.

See I never liked giving my blades elemental stuff outside of resins cause it splits the dmg between two defenses. With resins and sorcery its just a flat dmg boost. I did find the halberd though. Missed it on my first playthrough.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Im liking the Twinblades myself.

See I never liked giving my blades elemental stuff outside of resins cause it splits the dmg between two defenses. With resins and sorcery its just a flat dmg boost. I did find the halberd though. Missed it on my first playthrough.

Well, that's why you use the RAW or Mundane upgrade path. :)

Uggh. 

I'm stuck on the smoldering demon (The big fire demon with the big fire sword)

Even with help, it rarely drops below 50%!

I've got my fire resist set on (upwards of 250 Fire Def) 

My attack are nailing the sucker for 300 a shot.

But there's a catch!

His 'power ups' aren't time based.. but hp based! So one attack, and he powers up! By the time he hits 50%, he's in his '3rd' phase, where his swords on fire... (And even getting close enough to hit him, you take damage!) 

By that point, my 300~ dmg hits, are down to 100!

Been at it for 8 freaking hours...

Ran out of human effigies, and don't want to waste anymore on shitty help.

Try some of those Orange Burrs they boost fire def by alot. Also the best way to deal with him is to roll through his attacks because even with a greatshield the fire dmg getting through will destroy you. Finally a lifegem heals you bout the same amount as the aura hurts you so popping one of those before getting near him can counter it.

Thats really all ive got. This fight was the hardest one I personally ran into the entire game cause of my heavy shield build.

What really pisses me off about the whole thing..

One time with help, we did get it down to around 30%.

Could have downed him to.

But the damned controller screwed up, and instead of rolling left, I rolled straight into the sword. >_<

But the damned controller screwed up, and instead of rolling left, I rolled straight into the sword. >_<

haha, that's ok, I use a PS3 controller for my PC version of Dark Souls... mine has taken to switching my shield to my long bow every other time that it rumbles... thus creating a scenario where I try to block and do anything but. I have to carry 2 shields in my offhand slots just to be safe. lol

Try some of those Orange Burrs they boost fire def by alot. Also the best way to deal with him is to roll through his attacks because even with a greatshield the fire dmg getting through will destroy you. Finally a lifegem heals you bout the same amount as the aura hurts you so popping one of those before getting near him can counter it.

Thats really all ive got. This fight was the hardest one I personally ran into the entire game cause of my heavy shield build.

Solid.  The hardest fight I've had so far was the Rat Authority.  My strategy was move a few steps to the left of the door and kill three of the small rats with miracles.  By then the giant rat would come down so I'd have to leave the 4th rat and I would immediately run between his legs (few steps to left of door so he lands right near me because if he lands far away his attack was impossible to avoid).  Then, I'd get by his rear legs and stay there as top priority.  I'd wait to hit him until after I'd managed to kill the 4th small rat.  Everytime the big rat would jump away I'd sprint exactly in between his legs and once under him get to the side of his back leg.  If he was charging then I'd roll, otherwise not.  Eventually that strategy worked but those 4 little rats were a pain.

Ugh, my controller kept screwing up last night and making me drink my estus flask when I'd hit attack.  It was very strange.

Rat Authority didnt bother me both times ive fought it because

1) First time I had a great sword so everytime I swung I hit 3-5 of them and staggered them so wasnt really a problem.

2) Second time I was a sorcerer and used pyromancy meaning I throw a great fireball or a firestorm and just blow up the entire room.

I can see how ited be annoying though. AoE attacks make it much easier though.

So I just found my new favorite spell combo.

1) Unleash Magic. Sacrifice 3/4th of my health for a massive boost to sorcery damage.

2) Cast Acid Surge to make a mist no one can see through or wants to walk through cause it destroys equipment

3) Cast Soul Geyser which launchs the equiv of 5 Soul Spears which then split into 5 Souls Arrows all homing in on my opponent. 

No one suspects a thing cause they cant see me! >:D

Archived