DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

RTE you could have claimed doc and said you protected a player who was town in your opinion and you would have less chance of being disbelieved. But protecting Turin who you didn't even seem to be mason during this Day only tightens the noose around your neck.

He still has much to learn :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it was him or Despo, but Turin was the most aggressive of the two so I went with Turin as I figured he drew the most heat.

I think it would be a much better idea to have someone verify me rather than lynch your doc but whatever...

Btw, I just wanna point out that this is an obvious attempt to draw out the real Doc, and that whoever it is they do not need to come forward just to prove RTE the liar. We got enough on him to make sure he sees the noose methinks. :wink:

I would normally think this would go without saying, but I have seen it happen before, a newer player falling for this trap.

Well it was him or Despo, but Turin was the most aggressive of the two so I went with Turin as I figured he drew the most heat.

I think it would be a much better idea to have someone verify me rather than lynch your doc but whatever...

I'm just saying that I think it's obviously a much better option than lynching your doctor.

If town is foolish enough to lynch their doctor then what would you have me do?

Is it funny to anyone else that RTE keeps referring to town in the 3rd person?

I guess that's a bad habit I have?

I do that because town is a team and an identity in itself. Being a townie does not mean I can speak on the whole team's behalf, especially when I don't know who else is town. I do this every game but I should probably change that. A little too politically correct.

That last answer was somewhat ambiguous Chuckles. Do you think RTE is the Doc, or do you think he's a LLL scummerholic? Don't answer yes or no, pick one.

im not soo sure, it seems a little too convenient tbh  

LOLOLOL

I say your answer was too ambiguous, and you somehow get even more vague. I'm voting you tomorrow brah

:)

whatever dude 

Also, chuckles... are you purposefully trying to look as scummy as possible?

Okay, posting before work. I like these last few pages though. So, RTE are you saying you are Doc or got to

protect someone one shot and protected Turin. Panchi, out of gut feeling, said she protected Turin. Can we certain that he was

targeted at all.

This is what's confusing me. How can we know that he was going to be targeted yet both thought he would be. Explain please?

So as one of the "quiet" player I am not convince  about it but I am going to cast a vote RTE . My main opinion is that he is engineering a situation where while defending himself weekly but forcefully he is drawing attention to himself , I think he either want to reveal other role or simply messed up with other to cover people who was going to be lynched 

So now I can get on DM again

I am on Kronos and RTE as scum. One thing that makes me more suspicious of Kronos. Last Night, Turin was saying that Kronos is scum. I had one shot doc and protected Turin. Result- no one died that night. So, it means that mafia targetted Turin that night. It makes little sense for mafia to try killing Turin unless he was disturbing there plans.

I agree with the whole RTE train. His posts have been pinging.

vote RTE

That's a shame that we both used our NA on the same person then.

I'm the doctor. So let's stop wasting what's left on day and get to casing alright?

Or are you both scum ? It's my first game so I don't really know but why reveal your role to undermine an other claim , it's not very convincing and you make a target of yourself . It's not what ticked me off at first but I find it fishy . 

It was still early to claim at that point but I also didn't want to wait any longer and waste any more time of this day. With the time zone difference and the number of inactives, I didn't want to risk getting speed lynched while I slept.

Also I don't think there's anything wrong with being wary of a mason team. Especially when the claim is coming from someone like Turin. The protect at least validates that they are town now.

Why rush yourself into a dangerous position ?  

Okay I hear you I took 3 day to start really posting , so I am one too talk . But too me you seem to rush yourself in order to protect either  Turin or Panchi . at that point I am not willing to believe Panchi is a doctor 

I think putting more  pressure on you will yield result either way .

Dead Town Dead Mafia
Alive Claimed Role Alive No Role Claimed

1. Turin--Mason--partner of Panchi--had 1x cop view--found Firebird to be mafia N1
2. Arez Peace--has a role that allows him to know that the mafia have a role cop
3. Nyan
4. Heart
5. Nolirion
6. RTE--Doc--self protected N1 and protected Turin N2
7. Hallia--JoaT--had a one shot viewing and found Heart to be Town N2
8. Tina
9. Piano
10. Basel--Even night Vig--Boromir--killed N1
11. Cloud
12. Ley BBee
13. Darthe--Miller--King of the Dead--lynched D1
14. Tiink--Mafia Sympathizer with 1-shot recruit and godfather potential--Saruman--killed N1
15. BG--has to find someone has 25% chance of killing said person if he finds him/her
16. Lessa Chuckles
17. Tigraine
18. Panchi--Mason--partner of Turin--had 1X Doc view--protected Turin N2
19. Talya--had to find Saruman and had 25% chance of killing him if she did--now a vanilla
20. Kronos
21. Dice
22. Firebird--Mafia Vote Controller--Witch King of Angmar--Lynched D2
23. Des--2 shot commute ability, second of which used N2
24. Thorkin

Ok, so Hallia voted for Des because he was focusing a lot on Talya on day one and Talya had a townie claim which is pretty much confirmed but not completely. She also thinks that Piano is confirmed town, which she later said is a mix up from another game

lolguy voted Tina for lurking and doesn’t by Hallia’s case, BG likes it, apparently not noticing the Piano town slip.

Piano votes Des, Des has a present for us.

Nyan analyzes the interactions of dead mafia with others.

Des says he was targeted by the mafia last night because he had two shot commute ability and there was no death.
He also thinks that Piano and I are scumbuds.

Chuckles defends Des against Hallia.

Thorkin isn’t caught up yet at all...

Just one.  I had Enter the Dragon stuck in my head there.  (Get out of my heaaaad Dap!)

What was this even responding to?
It’s also odd to me that she didn’t answer the Piano question here...

I like this post by Tina

Des says Piano is consistent in his opinion of him then changes attention to Hallia

Speculation speculation...

BBee catchup--it’s odd to me that she doesn’t mention Turin in the Kronos paragraph.
So who would you feel comfortable voting on?

Oh look a Cloud.... Something feel slippery about that post...

Chuckles unvotes. Cloud, Peace, and BG join the Hallia train.

Hallia says it was a slip from the other game and is really elusive about revealing information about her findings.
Peace reminds me of a grumpy old man not wanting people on his lawn because he’s hiding secrets in his house when it comes to his role XD not saying that’s good or bad but just saying.
Turin says Chuckles is fishing by trying to get more info from them.

Turin still wants to vote Kronos.

Chuckles suddenly likes the Hallia train enough to vote on it.

I can say who I viewed.  So they'll probably kill me tonight, thus vindicating me, or they'll kill them.

That would be quite a stretch in my opinion...

Talya takes a closer look at Kronos. Hallia votes Kronos.

Kronos gives thoughts then focuses on Chuckles in the next post--votes him. Kronos didn’t really mention the weirdness surrounding Hallia, which would be at least worth mentioning in my opinion.

Hallia reveals that she is JoaT and viewed me as town N2--did you do anything N1?

Dice votes her too (doesn’t give any other thoughts)

I suppose I could've sat on it and not said anything, died, and had people go "Hrm, I wonder if she ever used that."

That seems like an extreme reaction

Tina follows on the Kronos vote--doesn’t know on Hallia and thinks that Chuckles is odd.

BG asks Hallia if she has an RB

I don't mind giving the mafia a town target to kill. All their targets aren't mafia anyway. What it does do is forces their hands. I know as mafia I hate it when I know I have to kill someone because they are basically or actually vetted. It means I have to abandon whatever plans I already have to kill people who I believe to be a threat and just deal with vetted town for numbers sake.

Okay

Unvote

Hally, RB me tonight. I've got a fairly useless power (25% chance of success, investigative type, it only works once really) and I think it might be best used to vet you. I will target you, you RB me. I do ask for protection from whoever can. If I'm killed tonight nothing is learned. If I'm alive, I will know if Hally is telling the truth about JoaT (with a minor possibility of an extremely lucky mafia RBer). If Hally is telling the truth, 2 vetted town in my book (AH and Hally), if she is not, well....

I am fine with that

*Raises an eyebrow*
Ok, if your power only works 25% of the time, how would you know if you were blocked. Also asks for protection. How does your life or death confirm anything here? I’m not really following that logic.
And Hallia goes along with it. That seems to make her townie to a lot of people but if BG is mafia with her then this whole thing can just be weirdness. I’ll eat BG’s hat before I trust him ;) he’s pulled weirdness like that before

RTE gives thoughts.
Can I just get one thing out now? I do WoT posts. It’s just what I do, and anyone who played mafia with me before should definitely know that. It’s how I get everything organized in my head and how I’m able to look back on what my past thoughts have been. I give thoughts as I go and I also do sum up posts at the end very similar to what RTE did here, giving my reads on everyone and stating why, so I really don’t see what the problem is or how I’m not being clear enough with my views.
This is how I play mafia and that isn’t about to change. Luckily I’m probably going back into retirement after this game.
Going on, RTE trusts no one and is suspicious of every claim, wonders where Tina went. He’s getting town from BG (doesn’t say why) and also sees Des as town.
Votes Cloud and is scared.

Des doesn’t like BG’s plan and also doesn’t appear to like the cases on Kronos.

nolirion is catching up.

Peace thinks Hallia is townish for being willing to go along with BG’s plan, as does BG. I really don’t see how going along with a plan that is a bad idea in everyone’s opinion makes her town?

Okay

Unvote

Hally, RB me tonight. I've got a fairly useless power (25% chance of success, investigative type, it only works once really) and I think it might be best used to vet you. I will target you, you RB me. I do ask for protection from whoever can. If I'm killed tonight nothing is learned. If I'm alive, I will know if Hally is telling the truth about JoaT (with a minor possibility of an extremely lucky mafia RBer). If Hally is telling the truth, 2 vetted town in my book (AH and Hally), if she is not, well....

Is no one considering this: based on bg's presumed PR, how would we or he even know if Hallia successfully RBed him? She's fine with it because it vets her and no one can prove she didn't use it...

I'm searching for someone every night, if I find them I have 25% chance to kill them, else I simply know who they are. I'm told if I don't find them. That part is 100%. Same as Talya.

So now it’s only a 25% chance of killing them IF you find the particular person you’re looking for. (Talya had to find Sauruman according to this post). So you’ve either already found said person or you were stretching the truth a bit on your abilities before. Either way, I don’t see how an RB would have helped us if your chances aren’t good. Would you have not known who they are either (so you’ll be told if you found the person?).
And if you have a chance of killing someone who is mafia like Talya apparently did then I would hardly call that a “useless” role.
Something isn’t adding up here for me.

Is no one considering this: based on bg's presumed PR, how would we or he even know if Hallia successfully RBed him? She's fine with it because it vets her and no one can prove she didn't use it...

RTE is also definitely mafia after that last post. Can we please just lynch these two.

Explain that one to me Turin?
Like the rest of that post.

RTE’s reaction was that was extreme in my opinion.

Piano agrees with Turin on RTE and Kronos. Piano, Des and Peace all vote RTE.

Going to bed now but let me claim before you lynch me kthx.

How very chill.
Piano case on RTE and still questions the case on Kronos.

Thorkin, please read the game thread yourself, catch up and form your own opinions.

Just noticed that the attention has shifted entirely to RTE with a dash of Kronos--Hallia’s not really being looked at anymore.

Ok, lots happened since i last was here. There's a few interesting cases made that i was almost swayed by, but after they've been quite active in the last pages, I'm sticking to my suspicion on RTE/Kronos, as I mentioned in my last posts.
Havent fully caught up, have to work now and I'm definitely gonna vote this time. [colour=red]Vote RTE[/colour]

Pretend you’re American for a minute and spell color without a u XD

@despo: your very good at twisting words arent you

blah_zpsbca63834.png

HAHAHAHAH

Tina and Panchi hop over on the RTE train.

So now I can get on DM again

I am on Kronos and RTE as scum. One thing that makes me more suspicious of Kronos. Last Night, Turin was saying that Kronos is scum. I had one shot doc and protected Turin. Result- no one died that night. So, it means that mafia targetted Turin that night. It makes little sense for mafia to try killing Turin unless he was disturbing there plans.

I agree with the whole RTE train. His posts have been pinging.

vote RTE

That's a shame that we both used our NA on the same person then.

I'm the doctor. So let's stop wasting what's left on day and get to casing alright?

Ok, so he now automattically assumes Panchi is telling the truth, and then apparently we have at least one shot-doc and a normal doc.
Now, while it’s not certain that we couldn’t have both, there seems to be a whole lot of one shot roles in this game, so just something to keep in mind.

eh cuz confirmed townies are a big threat to them i guess?

and does everyone who's train start getting steam have a convenient claim?

1) Answers for mafia?
2) Well, everyone whose train builds is going to reveal something eventually... That’s kind of normal actually...

RTE I don't believe you. I had decided to protect him on an impulse without confirming with him first(bad decision but with good results). Turin himself didn't think that he would be targetted.

Masons are no threat to them any more than any other player. Targetting one of us means that even the slightest suspicion from the other person would be removed. So the mafia would only target if it is worth it. They could have thought that Turin was too close to catching them so they tried to kill him.

Out of curiosity, then why did you protect him?

A whole lot of RTE not making sense and I’m getting lazy.

Chuckles is pinging me too.

Thorkin is still confused.

Oh look a nolirion!

Summary incoming

Quick some-up because I have somewhere to be in 10 minutes

Town

Turin and Panchi--have liked a lot of Turin’s play and he caught Firebird. Not too much from Panchi but for now I trust them both well enough.

Des and Piano--both reading town to me, both contributing a lot, I feel like they’ve had some good cases as well. 

Talya--have felt a little better about her today, though she’s been quieter. 

No Read

Nolirion--really no clue

Throkin--really no clue

Tigraine and BBee--I want to say seems townish to me because I’ve liked the few posts that they’ve posted, but I’m still suspicious and need more from them. 

Mixed Read

Tina--been quieter as well, there’s been things she’s said that I’ve liked and things she said that I haven’t. Is kind of skipping under the radar right now. Chuckles voted her for “lurking.” 

Peace--is still staying at the edge of my radar, still feel like there’s something funny going on, but I liked more of his posts today. Still feel like he’s slippery and am watching him. 

Cloud--been seeing less of him since he isn’t getting as much heat. His posts still feel fluffy to me when he does come in. Might want to look at him more closely again soon. 

Suspicous

Nyan--hasn’t been around much. Has been going along with things a lot if memory serves. Coming in without really posting thoughts. Gave a few things to try to go off of based off of what confirmed mafia said but...

Hallia--was way too indirect about the reveal and also the posting without saying anything for a while and the slip is understandable but still.

BG--the stuff around the reveal and the plan with Hallia that I pointed out before, as well as early pushing for the Darthe lynch and he’s being kind of quiet in my opinion and flying under a lot. 

Dice--still not around much (understandable) and doesn’t give many thoughts when he did. Plus the Darthe-Basel flip lynch comment thing.

Chuckles--last few posts have been weird and his vote on Tina was weird and I don’t recall much of his early playing. Will have to look at closer. 

Kronos--all of the stuff I mentioned before plus all of the cases on him and he’s not really addressed them much that I can recall....

RTE--weird doc claim is acting strangely about the whole thing, has been a little odd this whole game, and though I liked him at first he’s been getting more and more scummy and now he’s squirming while trying to appear calm. 

I can go with vote RTE.

I'm not sure I like the way Cloud says here that I had a "small case" on kronos, when in a previous post thought it was great logic. Sounds like he is playing it down after he saw Despo's post, wants to keep a bit of a low profil and scared he will come after you? 

RTE is also definitely mafia after that last post. Can we please just lynch these two.

Kronos and RTE. If hallia is mafia she is taking one for Kronos. Don't let the mafia have what they want

RTE, my case I'd based on actions. EP viewed mafia and EP flat out refused to vote Kronos yesterday. Also the EST you three echoed each other in your posts and reads on each other was classic mafia. I am nearly ready to add BB to the list with her thoughts post.

The mafia playbook seems to be cast doubt on the masons(one who has already caught a mafia) and vote anyone but their team.

Just read the thought posts of all of them and concentrate on what they say about each other.

Also the votes placed by RTE and Kronos both smacked of mafia overjustifying even with a mafia view. Note BB didn't vote. I know she was still catching up so will cut slack there

Snarky overreaction. Yes. Mafia. Let's puck one of these two and get them lynched please.

As the muggles say the truth will out. :smile:

Yeah I read Dap's case on Day 1 and I agree that RTE is scum and I don't believe his Doc claim at all. I'm also very suspicious of Kronos because of his link with RTE, and Hallia for her claim and her quick vote on Kronos after Talya made a small case on him.

Unvote, Vote RTE

I don't see why you chose Turin. Usually mafia leave them alone as they confirm each other if they die. Also Panchi saying she protected him nor Despo's commute, or RTE's doc protect on Turin, mean that Turin or Despo were targeted...guess what...WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE. So saying something will prove you does not work. 

My case on Kronos wasn't the strongest, but I still think he maybe mafia. I'm also not as sure of BG, after that intricate plot to try and prove him and Hally were telling the truth, when it was directing the doc. I'm trying to think who he could be...I could see mine. Because he has a similar role to me, does that make him town....what about a mafia with the same role. Grimma looking for Theoden? 

AS for RTE, I hater it when anyone claims a strong PR...my instinct is 'don't lynch, they maybe telling the truth' But the way he has played really does make me think he is a lying liar who lies. 

So without further a do...UNVOTE VOTE RTE

I did read all the rest that has been on today, on my phone, but I saw Star Trek this afternoon and have forgotten most of it....It was AWESOME!!!!! And they played the original music at the end, so nostalgic.. *is now happy*

Archived