DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Finally decided to join an online community

suchmadness

I read the first book back in 1990 when I was just a thirteen year old girl and rapidly converted everyone around me into a fan. I thought the book was marvellous and was a welcome relief from the drudgery of school and the neverending teenage angst. Beside I was bored with reading Clan of the Cave Bear which we used to read at lunchtime in group, skipping to the sex bits  to be discussed in detail.. It was educational especially during history prompting our history teacher to exclaim in disgust that Ayla invented everything. Anyway I digress the reason I finally decided to join is because social isolation from living in rural area and of course a wider community in which to air my view so hello everyone...

Welcome! We are happy you decided to join. I too read Clan of the Cave Bear. I didn't like it when I was young but read the whole series about a year ago.

There are tons if things to do here so I encourage you to explore the social groups especially the White Tower and Warders but the are other fun ones too.

If you have any questions, just ask. :-)

Hello madness :)

I have never actually read Clan of the Cave Bear - but my friend at school was a big fan. I think we were about 14 at the time. I was more into LotR and the like. Oh and Terry Pratchett and the Dragonlance Novels.

I've been reading WoT since near enough the beginning and originally joined DM to find out when the final book was going to be released. It certainly is a wonderful community full of all kinds of things to do. I think I made my first post in the General Discussion Forum befoer I plugged up the courage to go check out the social groups. They are all worth checking out though - all a little bit different but all fun.

Hi I'm new and I have introduced myself before but I think my post have been deleted because I probably commit some social gaffe that I'm quite unaware of. For that I'm sorry. Anyway hello again. I finished MoL about a month ago and social isolation brought on from having a baby and living in rural area have forced me to seek new pasture. I'm still reeling from the death of RJ as I was looking forward to more stories involving minor characters hinted by Min's viewing. I wanted more in the tradition of LotR. A definite 'bible' like The Silmarrion et al. I wanted a neverending story! These books have followed me through out my growing up since I was thirteen. The stories have consoled me and comforted me and I love the endless politicking of the Aes Seday. A world where the women are equal and superior to in some cases with the men. A world where the women are not some extraneous device to the men's journey but people with all their flaws and grasping of power without pretentions to being nice! You can read the story in so many layers taking its world building from traditions and history of the real world. From reading these stories I feel that I have glimpsed a part of RJ's soul and I'm not saying it lightly. I cried when he died because I feel as though a part of me is gone forever.

I only liked Clan of the Cave Bear for the sex bits and also because it fuelled my interest in prehistory. I wanted to be an archaeologist once and solve the mystery of the linear b writing of Mycenea. Love Terry Pratchett don't like Dragonlance series at all because I find them too simplistic and too male oriented. I like Margaret Weis Death gate cycle though.

I liked your post anyway especially your description about the "layers." Welcome. If you like Aes Sedai come visit us in the White Tower and Warders. :-)

Lol, I just saw your other thread right below. Hopefully, a Mod will swing by and take care of it.

ah but what is youth without dreams sir? What is grandeur without illusions? a pale mincing thing too weak for life..

Speak for yourself I am mostly youthful, still full of dreams but with all illusion shattered! Mostly.

Welcome! We are happy you decided to join. I too read Clan of the Cave Bear. I didn't like it when I was young but read the whole series about a year ago.

Thanks for the welcome. So you have finished the whole series? I couldn't for the life of me finish the latest book and can't recall its title. Must agree with history teacher it seems like she invented the nicety of civilisation. So how does it end?

How discerning. All my fine china have been broken, literary by the bull in the guise of a child!

Incidently wouldn't it just be awesome if I did solve the mystery of linear b! I too could've been a contender...

Hahahhahahaa I like dis one.

"Met" ya on the Spam Thread Of Epicness, and was curious :P So officially Hiiiii!

Yay another Aussie to add to my collection *cough* XD I grew up in NZ myself :P Now free as a biiiird, but I know what it's like living in a very isolated area and DM was a huge save for me in otherwise very boring and lonely teenage years. Welcomesies!

Archived