DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

March Sign in Chatter!

U4ea

It's FREAKIN' AWESOME READ IT NOW! *grins* I am addicted to the whole series and have to nab the newest one as soon as it hits the shelf. Jim Butcher is the King of Urban Fantasy! 

(I like it a little, can you tell??)

• 2 weeks later...

There's no maybe to it, Ryrin. :D Maybe I'll loan you the first one to get you hooked. Isn't that what good dealers do? LOL I'm a book dealer... *coughs*

My reading list is rather lengthy, too. I have 6 that I need to read before JordanCon: AMoL (I'm about 2/3 of the way through), Wake of the Bloody Angel (Alex Bledsoe), Black Dragon, White Dragon (has a short from Eugie Foster), Virtual Evil and Sojourn (Jana Oliver), and The Gospel According to Verdue (Emilie Bush). Most of that will not be happening, but I'm going to push as much as possible! 

After that, I need to read Ever After (Kim Harrison) and a slew of books that I've stashed on my shelf in the library. That's just my home shelf. I have a ton of books on my school shelf at school, too, that my class is pestering me about getting through so they can borrow them. LOL 

I remember reading 72 books in a year a few years ago... *sighs wistfully*

A quick interlude on the weatherly topic. Today, for the first time, looking directly at the Doppler Radar failed me for having at least a two hour weather window. (Even in Oklahoma, I've never had this happen for local weather in the near future). 

Left the house. Doppler was clear. Bit of rain to the east and moving away, nothing else anywhere on the map for 'states.' 

Walked to Wal-mart with the family (15 minutes). At Wal-mart picking up a couple of things for ten minutes. HUGE peal of thunder you can hear 'inside' the Wal-Mart Supercenter. The lights go out. The lights come on. The lights go out. The lights come on. (Over about 20 seconds). We go check out and look outside.

Horizon-to-Horizon (to-Horizon-to-Horizon... Oklahoma has four of those)... NOTHING but lightning and thunder and pouring rain. Bit of hail. At sunset that makes quite the dramatic effect I tell you! Gorgeous storm, but it did make it a little hard to finish our walk. We had to call for a ride home from a friend (a mile with no cover is a bit much, especially with the kiddo). 

Was assured by my friend there was nothing ON the Doppler until two minutes before it slammed into us. It really did spring up out of nothing but general cloud cover. The second lightning strike took out cable on her side of town. 

Gotta love spring in Oklahoma. (Take the part where you can see the clear sky out of this photo, and you get pretty much what we walked OUT to. It was the same time of day.) 

91-800.jpg

Believe it or not, we have those nights around here over the last few years, too! Not as often as ya'll do, I'm sure, but we get a good one that keeps us up all night a few times each Spring. The emergency system on our phones woke us up a few weeks ago because of one, oddly enough! It bloomed out of nowhere! 

Archived