DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Once Upon a Time [Spoilers]

ed2funy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay so i cried when i thought Regina was gonna die; i've alwyas had a love hate releationship with her character, this event has turned me back ont he love side ... for now.  given her nature i'm sure she'll backslide sometime :laugh:

Bale being back in storyland with Mulan and Arora is interesting, i hope they can save him.

the alternate reality for Neverland is equally facinating.  i actually have the book "Peter Pan" and had planned to read the story to see how much Disney altered it.  so i'm interesting to see how true to the fable this show sticks.  if anythin, thats a very interesting interpretation and seeing Pan as the villan and Hook as the good guy is refreshing.

can i also say, that my fav couple is Gold & Belle hands down  <3  i actually hoope he doesn't die and maybe the prophecy of "the boy will be your undoing" is not meaning death but maybe him havign to give up his power or something; you know, giving up that which he holds most dear.

The season finale was awesome. I'm glad that Hook came back and has decided to give up on his revenge for a while. I really like the idea of Peter Pan being evil-though it does raise a question of just who is Tinkerbell. Maybe the evil fairy who gave Snow the evil fairy dust?

My husband is convinced that some how either the Knights Templar or the Illuminati are behind Tamara &co. (personally I think he has been playing too much Assassin's Creed). I think Tamara might be some one from the Princess and the Frog (didn't she have a line about kissing frogs in that episode dealing with the Dragon and Pinocchio?)

i thought "The Princess and the Frog" was a made up tale by Dinsey, not an actual fable?

the evil fairy who gave snow the candle back when she was a girl was Regina's mom.  it was an attempt to blacken snows heart to hurt the mom.  it was xplained at the end of the episode when she visited the queen on her funeral pyre.

ooOOOooo  havign the Templars behind it would be wonderful.  Tamara did say "Magic is unholy" which does give the apperance that its the church heading this.  so the Masons/Templars are a perfect fit.  tho i snickered at your assassins creed comment.  my fiance Bubba is a huge Templar fan and thats the reason he hates the AC games :laugh: 

The princess and the frog was as much a fable as little red riding hood or sleeping beauty (briar rose). It's one of the tales that can't be licensed because it is so well known and doesn't have a specific author. I think it fit as having a sliver of magic touching our world (the frog who was a prince sent to a world without princesses for punishment)... But I'm the first to admit that this is pure speculation on my part.

I missed the middle of that episode as my husband lit the stove on fire. *facepalm*

We know that King Arthur is in the Fairytale Land somewhere- so it's not that much of stretch to me with the Templars. I just hope they don't turn into some kind of super villain conspiracy like Kingdom Hearts. Though trying to see them pull off anime hair in live action would almost be worth it...

Thought the episode was average, actually thought Hook had Henry, so that was a nice twist and the Pan ending.  Last week's ep was better - twists and reveals and outcomes were so much more intriguing.  I don't deny this one moved the plot forward but I felt it a little dull.

Senexx - i also thought Hook had him *nods*  it was the cut strap on the back pack that made me think it.  i agree, a good twist.   though i wonder how they knew the Shadow was looking for Henry.

Maurelle - the closest true Fable to "the princess & the forg" is The Frog King by Brothers Grimm or The Leap Frog by Hans Christian Anderson 

nothing from Asop

and those are the 3 main Fable writers that all fairy tales are driven from.  though this show borrows heavily from Grimm.

also, you're equally wrong about "Sleeping Beauty".  the story we know todya comes from Grimm and is titled "Little Brier-Rose"

I am aware it was a Grimm tale, but because the Grimm tales are so well known and have many variations you can't trademark them. That's why Disney can't go after all the knock off movies and such. Legally it's been agreed that no one owns the tales. If whoever owns the rights to the Grimm stories could trademark/patent them, Disney and anyone else who used their property would have to pay royalties every time a fairytale related to Grimm was used in any way, shape or form. It's why the show Grimm can use direct Grimm story quotes, like he one from Briar Rose and not owe Disney nor whoever owns the Grimm estates. I never claimed that they came from Aesop. When I say fable, I am referring to a fable as a tale told with a moral purpose- not a specific author.

beling well known has nothing to do with not having legal obligatiosn to pay royalties.  for instance, there are alot of inventors that have given up proterty & trademark rights to public domain, Ben Franklin is one of these. 

with Fairy Tales specifically, because they are considered "Folk Lore" they are considered public domain regaurdless of who or how they are produced.  the main problem that Disney ran into is that, while they could Copy Right the imagery, movies, sound track and merchandise; the story itself was public domain and for them to copy right the story woudl be committing plagerism (as by copy righting the story they'd be claiming ownership and passing off the tale as their own).  as you said yourself, you were speculating, i'm merely correcting that speculation with fact.

and you posted directly "no known author" which is false, the Brothers Grimm are the authors of the tale we know and which is used as the basis of every media interpretation of the tale and they are very well known.

i also never said that you claimed it was a Hans or Aesop tale, merely pointing out the three major sources for all Fairy Tales we have; and further pointing out that this show specifically seems to use only material in the Grimm realm. 

and this was in reguards to your "Princess and the Frog" comment; to which i still believe OUAT will not include.  they haven't even introduced Cindirella yet.  my guess is that majority of the "Princess" and "Prince" storylines are tied up in the Snow and Charming characters; just as Gold repersents three individual characters

- Beast from Bueaty & the Beast

- Rumplestillskin

- The Crocadile from Peter Pan

edit - well technically Gold can repersent 5 characters.  the DO from WoT and Statan from Chrisitanity :laugh:

edit 2 - on the issue of copy right, there is also the issue of public domain.  once a work becomes public domain then its a free for all and the story cannot be copy righted

for the USA -

http://freelance-writing.lovetoknow.com/When_Does_a_Book_Become_Public_Domain

http://copyright.universityofcalifornia.edu/publicdomain.html

They intro'd Cinderella. She was in the 4th episode of the 1st season. Rumple blows up her fairy godmother and takes on that role for himself. It's how he got the wand that Robin Hood steals.

• 2 weeks later...

Who would you like to see next season?

Merlin would be a good one for me as would Dracula. Sun Wukong would be sweet.Other possibilities Mogli/Tarzan. We could even see it branch into a sci fi world (journey to the centre of the earth/ war of the worlds/ 20k Leagues under the sea). This show could have a few more series in it.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After having seen the first two seasons I'm not very excited about the third one. The thing I love about this show is the way it weaves fairytales together, and that's why the first season was mostly very

enjoyable. I think both seasons went downhill after one fantastic episode: Skin deep in the 1st (Rumplestiltskin and Belle's first episode) and Miller's daughter in the 2nd (Rumple and Cora).

The seasons are just too long. With a little changes to the storyline I would have happily finished the 2nd season in Miller's daughter.

• 4 weeks later...

I have enjoyed the third season much more than the second season. They framed the third season as kind of 2 parts, like a Season 3A and 3B, with the first part focusing on Neverland and this second part, so far, focusing on the Wicked Witch. So maybe that will make it better for you, Darki'n? I agree that the Miller's Daughter could have been a great season ender for Season 2 - most of the episodes in Season 2 after that went downhill for me. Although I did very much enjoy Second Star to the Right, mostly because I enjoyed a lot of the setup for Neverland in Season 3.

As for Season 3, I really enjoyed the Neverland arc in the first half of the season. I'm enjoying the second half too, although I have to admit the Wicked Witch is probably my least favorite part of it. I love the actress - she's really good - but I guess her motives and plotline just bore me a little?

• 3 weeks later...

I will watch the third season when (if) it arrives here. However, right now I miss the Adventures of Merlin more than Once upon a Time. I haven't seen Merlin for nearly two years.

Will there be a fourth season of OUaT?

yes there will be a 4th season.

the season finale is this weekend and we'll be learning then where we're going.

tbh, i haven't a clue on where it could be :unsure:

we've already covered

- Wonder Land

- Fairytale Land

- Neverland

- Oz

- Agraba

i'm kinda sorta stumped on what other fable lands they can go too ....  those pretty much cover the classics as far as fairy tale literature is concerned.

Morgaine le Fae the new evil witch! I like it! Has my vote!

Though it should be Avalon, there's a whole pantheon of mischief there!

Knowing these lot merlin would probably be the big bad and morgan the goody.

3 musketeers to turn up at some point?

Troy?

Baba yaga?

I'm sure they can stretch it out.

Archived