DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

If most people agree that both Ed and Tay are scum, what is the advantage of lynching one over the other?

Also, don't forget guys, if Ed DOES turn out town, we have WBK as confirmed town, if he turns out mafia (as I expect), we either have a weird power role on Ed, or a mafia in WBK. So either way, if Ed dies, WBK is confirmed to be of this alignment too. And while lynching a scum is better than lyching a town, I'd say that getting a confirmed town while lynching another town is not bad either. It's someone who you can trust for 100%.

And, I repeat, I don't think Ed WILL turn out town, if you just take a good look at that case Dap made. And neither will Talya I think.

I disagree, I think it's perfectly plausable for Kronos to be of a different allignment than Ed, especially if Ed has a redirective role. Let's just wait and see.

By the way, are there any town redirective roles?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have two different factions (if you will) sprouting up as I've been reading the last couple of pages.

Cloud, Tal, Peace, Ley, Basel  are pretty suspicious of Ed.  They don't buy WBKs claim, or think mafia is twisting things to make themselves look better.  Cloud mentions that Ishy wanted to bus Tal after he fake claimed cop, which is interesting.  But Ishy's a realllly good player, so I don't know how far I would take that.

And Rand, Ed, Lolguy, WBK on the other side.  Rand makes a really good point quoted and bolded below.

Ed missing that Arez was already dead didn't look good to me, that kind of skimming is sketchy.

So really, those of us not on one side or the other need to decide between the two.  Going back through to pick my side.

Vote Ed

I'm convinced that he is scum after reading Dap's elaborate case on him. I'm voting for Ed instead of Talya because then we can also see if Kronos is speaking the truth or not. Talya can wait, Ishy also wanted to bus her after he fake claimed cop after all.

&gt

;

Vote Ed

I'm convinced that he is scum after reading Dap's elaborate case on him. I'm voting for Ed instead of Talya because then we can also see if Kronos is speaking the truth or not. Talya can wait, Ishy also wanted to bus her after he fake claimed cop after all.

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.  Lets kill a townie (who is more likely to be town) to confirm information by someone else who we currently think is town, instead of voting the person who is uberscummy, Ishy obviously tried to distance from.  

If Ed flips scum we need to take a good look at Rand and Lolguy too.

This actually reminds me of something. Not only is Cloud not contesting my evidence in any sort of way at all, he is setting up future lynches because of something that we have no 100% sure way of knowing.  Also, he leaves WBK off his list.  This last quote really is weird, strong FoS on Cloud.

Cloud's been playing off this whole game.

If most people agree that both Ed and Tay are scum, what is the advantage of lynching one over the other?

Also, don't forget guys, if Ed DOES turn out town, we have WBK as confirmed town, if he turns out mafia (as I expect), we either have a weird power role on Ed, or a mafia in WBK. So either way, if Ed dies, WBK is confirmed to be of this alignment too. And while lynching a scum is better than lyching a town, I'd say that getting a confirmed town while lynching another town is not bad either. It's someone who you can trust for 100%.

And, I repeat, I don't think Ed WILL turn out town, if you just take a good look at that case Dap made. And neither will Talya I think.

I disagree, I think it's perfectly plausable for Kronos to be of a different allignment than Ed, especially if Ed has a redirective role. Let's just wait and see.

Well, there wasn't a huge difference yesterday, but there is a huge difference now.  First of all, whether or not you believe WBK and his evidence, second of all how you account for the extra kill that took away Darthe's (I think) BPV.   However, some people seem to think this is all "convenient" and that WBK is trying to help out Ed or something along those lines (which I think is ridiculous) and vote for Ed instead.  Anyways, as I said previously, it would be nice if you voted right now. :)

Heh. No, I am trying to find some good scum tells. I actually was about to quote Basel on his BS where he said 1x Shot automatically turns vanilla, but there is no way to know to say that if it wasn't in a PM. A good load of malarky. But as misguided and wrong as he is on that (especially saying I'm misquoting him when he said it and that is exactly what it means), I think he is town.

Ed, for the gazillionth time, that isn't my point and never was. How many times must we go over this? My point was that one-shot roles do not always use that exact wording in the PM, but Peace was obviously taking his phrasing from his PM because it matched mine and I was also a one-shot. How is that malarkey? I admitted that Darthe's flip contained that he had become vanilla and I missed it. I am perfectly aware of exactly what it means. Until this game, I have never had a one-shot role where the mod specifically made a point of saying that you became vanilla after you used your power. Ever. Regardless of the fact that this is what one-shot means. And the one time that the mod does say so in my PM, Peace just happened to say that he was now vanilla in his post. I didn't think that was a coincidence. I felt it vetted him as town. And given that the mods are only now telling us that the good guys (that is, the mafia, apparently) have the ark, that tells me it was in town hands when Peace had it.

Now stop misrepresenting what I've been saying, because you are only making yourself look scummier.

My memory is bd on this. Did we get it confirmed that darthes BPV was used?

Yes.

OP with dead people

Everyone who wishes to play should go here and R&U if they have not already done so previously.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76939-mafia-at-the-black-tower-what-we-expect-from-players-of-our-games-please-ru/

Please let me know if you can't see the Link and I will PM you. If you have already R&Ud via PM for a previous Game you don't have to do it again.

Players

1. Lenlo - Dr Rene Belloq - Town - Doctor - Killed Night 2

2. Talya

3. Dice - Killed Night 2

4. Chuckles

5. RTE

6. Tiinker Cyan (end of Day 1)

7. Roo - Colonel Oberst Herman Dietrich - Cop - Town - Killed Night 3

8. Hallia

9. Ley

10. Player

11. Basel

12. Cloud

13. Rey WBK (middle of Night 1)

14. Ishy - Marion Ravenwood Mafia JOAT (Doc/RB/Tailor) -  Lynched Day 3

15. Darthe - The German Mechanic – Town - 1x BVP then Vanilla - Lynched Day 2

16. Time - Major Arnold Ernst Toht - Town - Original Holder of the Fake Staff of Ra Headpiece - Lynched Day 1

17. Peace

18. Song - Killed N1

19. Arez - The Cappuchin Monkey - Town - Vanilla - Killed Night 3

20. Kae - Desert Excavator - Vanilla Town - Killed Night 1

21. Maw

22. Mish

23. Rand

24. Eddie

Back Ups

1. ??

2. ??

says Darthe used to be a 1x BPV.  Actually, just me being paranoid, but can one of the mods confirm that that is supposed to be BPV?  ANyways, thats why.

Current Vote Count

Talya - 4 (Rand, Leyrann, RTE, Dap)
Eddie - 3 (Peace, Basel, Cloud)
Leyrann - 1 (Eddie)

Currently Not Voting - 7 (Talya, Chuckles, Cyan, Hallia, WBK, Maw, Mish)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch.

The Day 4 Deadline is 9pm GMT Thursday 14th March.

Day 4 Deadline

BVP = BPV

18 Hours and 10 minutes until Deadline

The advantage of talya is i think she is more likely to have a PR. Shes been more background and i think its so she could stay alive longer

i think ishy tried to save her a bit when he got called out

I suppose you have a point there.

Well, there wasn't a huge difference yesterday, but there is a huge difference now.  First of all, whether or not you believe WBK and his evidence, second of all how you account for the extra kill that took away Darthe's (I think) BPV.   However, some people seem to think this is all "convenient" and that WBK is trying to help out Ed or something along those lines (which I think is ridiculous) and vote for Ed instead.  Anyways, as I said previously, it would be nice if you voted right now. :)

I've already given my opinion on Kronos and Ed for that matter. I forgot about Darthe's bpv though. Not really sure what to think about that. There are so many 1x vigs in this game it's quite possible that the mafia have one too. Or Ed could be telling the truth, that he's a town vig, I just don't really believe that. I haven't voted yet because I haven't made up my mind who to vote for. I will vote sometime today, I just think it's too convenient for both Tay and Ed to be scum, which is why I'm hesitating in placing a vote as I keep changing my mind.

My memory is bd on this. Did we get it confirmed that darthes BPV was used?

Well I'm not perfectly clear on what a BPV is but I think it blocks all kills correct? In which case it would have to be used up if he died.

BPV dont protect against lynches sometimes so i thpught it would of been possible that ed and the mafia just ysed his flip to give ed a role that could be twisted into verifacation

ir does look like it has been used though

From the specific diction it uses, its either that (which is more likely because both Basel and Peace spoke of how after their ability was gone they were told that they were vanila) or a role that makes people vanilla, which I haven't seen any evidence of and is much more unlikely.  Another even smaller explanation is that one of the people they janitored was a 1-shot vig and they guessed that that was the one that shot Darthe, and they were right, but that seems like too big of a risk, personally.  If they were able to match up the current vig kills, and then see that that was the only one left unaccounted for and therefore would be that one, it might have fit in, but I personally don't think that happened, since it is much more unlikely.  I still don't see how people voting for Ed miss not only his 1-shot vig claimed that has already been proven and is most likely true, and then WBK's claim as well.  Even if WBK is mafia trying to gain townie support by claiming this ridiculous role (which I don't think, because there was a shot made, so if no one else confessed up to it, it had to be him, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was another 1-shot vig), Ed would still be a townie.  Again, as I have stated multiple times, I don't get the Ed train.

Why isn't Ed dead yet? I had a pr that said I can't answer questions and who started the day phase hammering me with questions?

I swear if talya flips town dap is scum.

You said yourself Talya did as well.  The thing is that Ed was already doing it somewhat, Talya jumped on more.  And if you want to know why he's not dead, look at the post above the one I just quoted.

And I agree with dap, how is he scum?  Townies apparently always have to be write.  Not saying that I know 100% sure that dap is town, but no reason to know he is scum if talya's town.

I was going to vote tayla, but the fast train on her is suspious, she's already at L2, I'd give her a chance, and I'm here till the deadline.

*goes back to organic chemistry*

give her a chance? She had all of yesterday and the rest of today.  The train is building on her because there is solid evidence that she is scum.  Oh, and nice, I like o-chem.

Vote Leyrann

I've already said WBK shouldn't be confirmed town when I flip Town.

Major FoS at Ley. WBK's claim is too off the wall to be considered a useful tell for confirming him.

Ley pushing this issue is very scummy, imo.

Leaving hangar. Will post at home.

After 115 pages of mafia game you vote someone, who has even said he has used a 1-shot Vig on someone (and even before the night ended), for saying that WBK is town if you're town? Yes, I was wrong, but can you really not make a better case on anywhere? Or maybe you're just afraid of again casing a dead person?

I just had a post and Chrome went funny on me again and I lost it...

so 

@ hallia, in your post (the one before that one) you said I was suspicious of Ed, infact I thought I said I wasn't, I thought he was desperate because he seemed to be getting frustrated because people didn't seem to be listening or understanding him. his claim seemed to ring true about trying to go for darthe, and no one else had claimed it!

RTE: his claim of Basal and Peace being town, I'm more than likely to believe it. Doesn't mean that RTE is town, it would be a good way to look town. I think we had all worked out that Peace wasn't mafia, no matter how frustrating he was being! 

I'm trying to understand how Ley gets that Kronos must be the alignment that Ed is. There was no need for Kronos to say what he did. If Ed is town, it won't prove Kronos is town, Kronos could just be saying that he was trying for Ed. It could be that if he said that and Ed did come up Mafia he could bring it up again to make him look town, when he was mafia. however it doesn't mean he would 100%, nor does it the other way. He still could use that excuse about going for Ed (he had a lot of suspicion on him at the time) and use the excuse of it going to someone else (when he really targeted Arez) to make him look town. So No...Ed's alignment doesn't make kronos a cert for town or mafia.

Dap - I'm still trying to see why you think I would claim RB, where am I supposed to have used it. If I was going to claim I would something to back it up. So I really can't see what you are on about! 

We're both partly right and partly wrong about Ed and WBK. Ed scum means WBK scum, because he said it would redirect upon hitting a townie (while Ed is scum), but Ed town does not mean WBK town, as he could be trying to get town credit from this.

I will reply now, For those that have said I haven't defended myself to Dap, why don't you read the thread and not skim, I have done it the whole game and was getting fed up with repeating myself. I can only say something so many times. I replied to Dap's accusations. If you go back and read, I actually pointed out mistakes he had made, but seems you have all decided to ignore that. 

As for Peace, I didn't come out hammering him for Questions (again I have answered this - and quoted). I didn't add to ed's questions, I read the Scene and had to ask a few questions, because it all seemed odd. this is mafia, you have to ask questions, to get explanations on why things happen. 

I still can't see where Dap has evidence of me trying role claim. I can't even see why he thought I was going to claim RB so how can I answering, except saying that I wasn't and that there was no truth to it. He can't provide any evidence and yet you blindly listen to him. 

I might be able to reply later, I'm at work and only have my phone, which tempermental. 

another point before I go how can I be hiding in the shadows Dap when I pretty much reply most days (as i 

Archived