DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

Dap, that was confusing. But I only voted Talya to have my vote on someone (explained below). 

Now, here goes nothing. 

I am wondering who sent that info to Peace. Because I think it's a role the mafia has. 

Seriously, you up and get a message that TWO people are scum? Sorry, a bit over powered without a balance. The question is, is it all wrong, or just partially (thus, I moved my vote to Talya). 

Now, go back and think about Darthe's death. Read his Coroner report, and then think why I didn't believe you were a Vig, especially after Ley claimed he was a 1x Vig. Think why I kept asking you how many shots you had, Peace. Because I shot at Darthe Night 1. That's why he was Vanilla already (though, I'm honestly not sure if that would have shown the same if I hadn't shot him). I actually thought my kill had been redirected to Kae by someone. Turns out you shot her. 

It makes me wonder how many more 1x BPVs there are. And if there aren't any, with THREE 1x Vigs, it makes one wonder exactly what the mafia has to balance that. Like say, just maybe, a role that allows them to send another player a message via the Mod? 

Anyways, I'm town. I keep going back and forth on Peace, but I am leaning town. I think Ley is town. 

Tayla... well, it might sound crazy, but another reason I voted her, is that if the mafia DID send the "info" to Peace, then it could be a gambit to vet Talya. If the lynch on Peace went through, you'd all either lynch Talya or myself. So, if Peace flipped town, I think I'd be next. But once I flipped town, well, it'd be easy for Talya to skate by. 

I think I'm just being paranoid, but yea. I could see that happening. 

I also don't like how Ishy has just been goading here and there without really adding anything. 

So, tl;dr:

Ed is Town. Ed was 1x Vig. Ed shot Darthe N1. Ed became Vanilla. Darthe was 1x BPV. Darthe became Vanilla. 

Peace might be town. Ley probably is town. Talya could be scum and part of a crazy gambit. 

No like Ishy. 

Four 1-shot vigs. Two kills were used on Len.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That one post totally changed my feel about how you play mafia games Rand. And in a good way. Nice post.

Thanks Ley! :)  I honestly would be doing more posts like this if I had more time, but my time is sinking away so fast! :(  Hopefully after school ends and summer vacation starts, I'll be able to play a much better game with full notes, rereads, Wots, observations, and so on.  I can't do that right now though. :(

Dap, that was confusing. But I only voted Talya to have my vote on someone (explained below). 

Now, here goes nothing. 

I am wondering who sent that info to Peace. Because I think it's a role the mafia has. 

Seriously, you up and get a message that TWO people are scum? Sorry, a bit over powered without a balance. The question is, is it all wrong, or just partially (thus, I moved my vote to Talya). 

Now, go back and think about Darthe's death. Read his Coroner report, and then think why I didn't believe you were a Vig, especially after Ley claimed he was a 1x Vig. Think why I kept asking you how many shots you had, Peace. Because I shot at Darthe Night 1. That's why he was Vanilla already (though, I'm honestly not sure if that would have shown the same if I hadn't shot him). I actually thought my kill had been redirected to Kae by someone. Turns out you shot her. 

It makes me wonder how many more 1x BPVs there are. And if there aren't any, with THREE 1x Vigs, it makes one wonder exactly what the mafia has to balance that. Like say, just maybe, a role that allows them to send another player a message via the Mod? 

Anyways, I'm town. I keep going back and forth on Peace, but I am leaning town. I think Ley is town. 

Tayla... well, it might sound crazy, but another reason I voted her, is that if the mafia DID send the "info" to Peace, then it could be a gambit to vet Talya. If the lynch on Peace went through, you'd all either lynch Talya or myself. So, if Peace flipped town, I think I'd be next. But once I flipped town, well, it'd be easy for Talya to skate by. 

I think I'm just being paranoid, but yea. I could see that happening. 

I also don't like how Ishy has just been goading here and there without really adding anything. 

So, tl;dr:

Ed is Town. Ed was 1x Vig. Ed shot Darthe N1. Ed became Vanilla. Darthe was 1x BPV. Darthe became Vanilla. 

Peace might be town. Ley probably is town. Talya could be scum and part of a crazy gambit. 

No like Ishy. 

Four 1-shot vigs. Two kills were used on Len.

Not necessarily.  Extra shot for mafia, one of them being an SK and lying, Ed could be multi shot and shot both Darthe and Len, and I don't think there were 4 one-shot vigs.  If there were, that would mean they were all town aligned and the vig would come out and say that they shot Len, no matter the consequences.  I sincerely hope that if there is another vig who shot Len, please come out, by hiding you are only hurting town.  Assuming there is another vig of course, I don't think there is.

*paraphrasing*

Ed, you say that I've only been goading and not contributing. Did you miss the pointed questions that I asked Peace multiple times? And even switched to statements when he made it obvious that he wouldn't answer questions. And each and everytime, I was ignored, he even made a mention himself that he was ignoring me. Why wouldn't I get snarky? I only became ticked off and smartassed after making every effort I could to get him to explain himself, and after asking and stating many of the same things you yourself did btw. Just because he actually deigns to respond to you and not me says nothing about alignment.

*paraphrasing*

Ed, you say that I've only been goading and not contributing. Did you miss the pointed questions that I asked Peace multiple times? And even switched to statements when he made it obvious that he wouldn't answer questions. And each and everytime, I was ignored, he even made a mention himself that he was ignoring me. Why wouldn't I get snarky? I only became ticked off and smartassed after making every effort I could to get him to explain himself, and after asking and stating many of the same things you yourself did btw. Just because he actually deigns to respond to you and not me says nothing about alignment.

He's been responding to Ed because he keeps telling him to ask questions.  There's a reason that he knows, and in an Ithi game, we can't assume that someone is just being stupid and anti town because they're uncooperative or scum.  We have to put every possible aspect of a game in, and then look at that.  Its not just you that hes ignoring, so he might have a reason.  Now after the game, if he was just doing it to be annoying, then you can make judgements, but I say now before you know the full story, treat it as normal and continue on with the game in a way to still garner as much information as you can.

*paraphrasing*

He's been responding to Ed because he keeps telling him to ask questions.  There's a reason that he knows, and in an Ithi game, we can't assume that someone is just being stupid and anti town because they're uncooperative or scum.  We have to put every possible aspect of a game in, and then look at that.  Its not just you that hes ignoring, so he might have a reason.  Now after the game, if he was just doing it to be annoying, then you can make judgements, but I say now before you know the full story, treat it as normal and continue on with the game in a way to still garner as much information as you can.

Bingo!

Why would I not respond in a manner that others want?  One reason could be that I am scum...the other reason is........??????

Make statements that you haven't worded as non statements before. 

Read that sentence like 2000 times if that's what it takes for you to come up with what I'm trying to say.

Once you figure that out...look who came out guns blazing at the start of the day.  And look at what I've not done. 

When I make statements to Ed...do you read sarcasm?

I'm walking a tight rope hear people. 

Had I come out guns blazing, I would have immediately thrown a vote on you. Nothing of tbe sort happened, but after last night's debacle, can anyone honestly fault me for wanting to know what the hell happened and why? But most importantly who.

Not fault, but understand that Peace probably isn't allowed to say too much and is working his hardest to get what he can out to us.  Respect his efforts and try to do what he says.  Nothing to lose.

Why would I not respond in a manner that others want?  One reason could be that I am scum...the other reason is........??????

Make statements that you haven't worded as non statements before. 

Read that sentence like 2000 times if that's what it takes for you to come up with what I'm trying to say.

Once you figure that out...look who came out guns blazing at the start of the day.  And look at what I've not done. 

When I make statements to Ed...do you read sarcasm?

I'm walking a tight rope hear people. 

Little bit confused here, do you want us to make statements that you can either confirm or deny or ask you questions? 

Was the PR because of the Ark?

The Pr was because of the Ark.

When you say non-player, do you mean mod or do you not know?

When Peace says non-player, he means mod.

Is that what you mean?

Worst fakeclaim I've ever seen. There's no way you're the Cop Roo because I am. The only reason I didn't reveal is because you lot pulled a genius move and killed the Doc.

And I can prove it. I received a guilty viewing last night. Talya is scum. Lynch her and it will vet me. I'll be killed anyway tonight with no Doc to protect me so you have nothing to lose.

Vote Talya.

Seriously, weigh the options here. By waiting and seeing how my story stacks up, you wil potentially net two scum. Talya is mafia and when she flips, you'll have caught another in Roo. Honestly, would any true Cop reveal on Day three with no Doc protection for the rest of the game? It would be suicide, even if it would nab a scum. Wouldn't he or she gently nudge the train in order to stay hidden? Mafia is getting greedy at this point, because they're winning.

So there you have it. Lynch me and kill your Cop, which I'll die tonight regardless. Or lynch Talya and bag two scum.

Ishy is just sowing wifom now that he's gonna die.

I will hammer Ishy.

There is no mafia gain for Roo to claim cop now if he isn't. It's a bit silly to paint him in a bad light considering scum would not sacrifice themselves so easily.

RTE..i suggest you change your vote or you are going to look scummy.

Again, I will be the final vote on Ishy. I have my reasons.

In lecture

secret dm

ishys claim sounds desparate. Why would roo lie?

He has nothing to. Gain by lying, he just fets lynchced tomorrow and would be trading one for one. I also doubt its a gambit. If they were both mafia id bet ishy would be the one choseb to stay alive imo

yea ishy is full of BS

Is this some kind of gambit Ishy? Because scum would already know who their partners are, sacrifing her would net you more cred and a possible lynch on the real cop afterwards.

In your scenario, I would be costing scum two players. I'd be the worst scum player in history. I like to think I'm a better player than that. No gambit. Talya is scum.

Archived