DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Post-aMoL Speculation & Discussion (Full Spoilers)

Luckers

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Rand will actually have a normal life span, now that he's not able to channel. He and Min will age at the same rate, though Elayne and Aviendha will continue to age slowly. He'll wander the world, seeing Min and Elayne and Aviendha regularly, but not settli down until a few years have passed.

Aviendha will spend much of her time with the Wise One inner circle. She'll be responsible for huge steps in the establishment of the Dragon Peace and the settling of the Aiel. She'll be the first to join Rand, once the Aiel are settled and her kids are about five or six years old.

Min will serve as Truthspeaker, but will also become the Fourth Age's foremost philosopher. She'll eventually spend a great deal of time traveling the globe, speaking at the new Schools, and her legacy will in some ways endure longest of anyone of the main cast except Rand. She'll meet Rand whenever she travels. She'll be the second to settle with Rand, 'retiring' to Western Andor.

Elayne will be the last to settle. She's going to reign for twenty or thirty years, and slowly come to the realization that being a queen for 400 years isn't fair to anyone. She'll willingly step down, and she'll put into power a limited democratic system wherein the Queen is elected from among the Great Houses every five years or so, and will also create a 'House of the Commons' to give common people a voice in government.

I think that Rand will actually have a normal life span, now that he's not able to channel. He and Min will age at the same rate, though Elayne and Aviendha will continue to age slowly. He'll wander the world, seeing Min and Elayne and Aviendha regularly, but not settli down until a few years have passed.

Aviendha will spend much of her time with the Wise One inner circle. She'll be responsible for huge steps in the establishment of the Dragon Peace and the settling of the Aiel. She'll be the first to join Rand, once the Aiel are settled and her kids are about five or six years old.

Min will serve as Truthspeaker, but will also become the Fourth Age's foremost philosopher. She'll eventually spend a great deal of time traveling the globe, speaking at the new Schools, and her legacy will in some ways endure longest of anyone of the main cast except Rand. She'll meet Rand whenever she travels. She'll be the second to settle with Rand, 'retiring' to Western Andor.

Elayne will be the last to settle. She's going to reign for twenty or thirty years, and slowly come to the realization that being a queen for 400 years isn't fair to anyone. She'll willingly step down, and she'll put into power a limited democratic system wherein the Queen is elected from among the Great Houses every five years or so, and will also create a 'House of the Commons' to give common people a voice in government.

Rand can control the pattern now.Basically he controls reality so I extremely doubt he will age unless he wills it so.Just think Neo in the matrix.

I wonder if Sanderson just added the last bit about Rand or if Jordan put that in.

@Randtheplumber

Cads doesn't know how to negotiate from strength? How do you figure that?

Sorry, that came out wrong.

Cadsuane is certainly capable of negotiating from strength, although I think I'd just get cross with her and ignore her after about 5 minutes (and I say this as someone who is generally Cadsuane-friendly).  What Egwene had, which Cadsuane does not, is direct, personal experience of being collared and trained as a damane.  Cadsuane can talk about it being wicked and beneath contempt, and that is true.  Egwene could add extra intensity to her argument because she had actually experienced it.  Fortuona can dismiss Cadsuane's arguments as borne of misunderstanding.  She could not quite so easily dismiss the same arguments brought by Egwene.

Curious Perrin only though that their ta'veren ability was gone because Rands body wasn't tugging at him, well first it wasn't Rands soul in the body and second Rand didn't need him so why would he feeling any tugging.

I would also think that rather than a strange combo of all the powers or the ability to warp reality, that it would be his ta'veren nature that just caused the pipe to lite for him. Like that fact that it was in his pocket in the first place   

I am more curious what Graendel and Moggy will do. All 'Age of Legends' weaves should be available to the female Aes Sedai (and the Seanchan) very soon.

Plus, Team Light knows Moggy is still around. I do not believe they will just sit back (knowing what Ishy could do...), but actively try to extinguish all Shadowspawn and Forsaken.

I have an idea about healing 13x13 channelers: stilling and healing, and/or putting them into the DreamWorld, facing their 'soul' and deciding/wishing to being their old self again.

I am more curious what Graendel and Moggy will do. All 'Age of Legends' weaves should be available to the female Aes Sedai (and the Seanchan) very soon.

Plus, Team Light knows Moggy is still around. I do not believe they will just sit back (knowing what Ishy could do...), but actively try to extinguish all Shadowspawn and Forsaken.

I have an idea about healing 13x13 channelers: stilling and healing, and/or putting them into the DreamWorld, facing their 'soul' and deciding/wishing to being their old self again.

Moggy's fate gave us an hint at a solution for the Seanchan , a compromise I would have loved seen Egwene proposed or been offered by Tuon . The A"Dam not as a tool for slavery but as a tool to protect other from Rogue channeler .

The A"Dam not as a tool for slavery but as a tool to protect other from Rogue channeler .

Far too much potential for abuse. All it does is shift the power from one person to another. Additionally there is already such a tool in existence. It's called a binder.

Here's a somewhat bizarre theory......

Nakomi was the woman that met Rand as he carried Moridin out of the Pit of Doom.

I think everyone assumes it's Alivia, but Rand describes the woman as old, gray hair, wearing Aiel garb, and having a voice he did not recognize.

In ToM, Aviendha describes Nakomi as having graying hair, wearing normal Aiel clothing.

I think Rand would recognize Alivia's voice, and Alivia is described as having yellow hair with threads of white running through it.

How did the body swap come about?  Wouldn't it take someone of fairly supreme power to be able to do that?  Maybe like, the Creator?

Perhaps Nakomi was the Creator made flesh?  Odd things happened at Aviendha's meal (coal on the fire appearing out of nowhere, the meal being the most delicious she'd ever had, etc etc.)

Nakomi pushes Aviendha to see things a little differently regarding the Waste vs. the "wetlands" and also, I think, is the seed planted that lets Aviendha realize that the Aiel cannot be left out of the Dragon's Peace -- they must continue serving the Dragon to survive.  In a sense, this was the first step in saving the Aiel from obliteration, as seen in the Pillars.

Aviendha askes Nakomi which sept is here, and Nakomi responses, "I am far from my roof, yet not far at all.  Perhaps IT is far from ME.  I cannot answer your question, apprentice, for it is not my place to give this truth."

And when she leaves, she says, "If you'll excuse me, I need to see to nature."  A simple explanation is going to the bathroom.... but "see to nature".....  Suggestive, no?

Anyway, I know this is a wacky theory..... 

Thoughts??

long time lurker...

I like this theory.  Seems to me that maybe Nakomi could be the Creator's Shaidar Haran?  

I need to do another re-read because I did skim through as fast as I could, but wondering if someone could answer these questions (I probably missed something):

1) How did Rand figure out that Callandor was a TP sa'angreal?

2) I guess this means that both RJ and Sanderson's comments that Callandor's flaw was not intentional and was just 'a simple manufacturing flaw' were purposely misleading?

3) It seems as though Callandor was specifically made as a trap to be used in this way (user can be taken control of, no buffer on the amount of power that can be drawn, enhances both saidin and TP/taint). If that's the case, why wouldn't LTT or the other AOL aes sedai tried to present a plan like this? This feels like a major plot hole, I can't imagine Callandor just 'coincidentally' came with these capabilities and wound up in prophecy but the AOL people wouldn't have known about it.

I keep thinking of Aviendha's vision of her children's future.

Now that it was changed here are things about Rand's and her children that shouldn't happen.

1) Because Avienda returned at least a night before Last Battle she insisted on sleeping with Rand before the body swap, so chances are her children were conceived then and there, so that "weird" thing about them being twins and two looking like Aiel (based on their mother's genes) and two looking dark (based on Moridin's body genes that Rand has after Last Battle) should not happen. All 4 of them should look like Aiel since Rand's original body before Last Battle had looks of an Aiel.

2) Because their conception happened before Last Battle and before Rand attained that weird reality warp ability their channeling powers should develop normally, they might be very strong since both of their parents are extremely powerful channelers but they shouldn't be able to channel till they reach 18 (or whatever Randland age for starting to channel is)

I need to do another re-read because I did skim through as fast as I could, but wondering if someone could answer these questions (I probably missed something):

1) How did Rand figure out that Callandor was a TP sa'angreal?

2) I guess this means that both RJ and Sanderson's comments that Callandor's flaw was not intentional and was just 'a simple manufacturing flaw' were purposely misleading?

3) It seems as though Callandor was specifically made as a trap to be used in this way (user can be taken control of, no buffer on the amount of power that can be drawn, enhances both saidin and TP/taint). If that's the case, why wouldn't LTT or the other AOL aes sedai tried to present a plan like this? This feels like a major plot hole, I can't imagine Callandor just 'coincidentally' came with these capabilities and wound up in prophecy but the AOL people wouldn't have known about it.

1) Min figured it out off-screen. Probably from her books.

2) I don't think so. What ta'veren needs, the Pattern provides. By coincidence. LTT was probably ta'veren too. He just never figured it out about Callandor because there were no prophecies like Karaethon Cycle.

3) Simply, they didn't know about it. It was flawed, they probably tested it and discovered the flaw so they ignored Callandor. Remember they were fighting a war. They didn't know much about the Horn of Valere either.

I keep thinking of Aviendha's vision of her children's future. Now that it was changed here are things about Rand's and her children that shouldn't happen. 1) Because Avienda returned at least a night before Last Battle she insisted on sleeping with Rand before the body swap, so chances are her children were conceived then and there, so that "weird" thing about them being twins and two looking like Aiel (based on their mother's genes) and two looking dark (based on Moridin's body genes that Rand has after Last Battle) should not happen. All 4 of them should look like Aiel since Rand's original body before Last Battle had looks of an Aiel. 2) Because their conception happened before Last Battle and before Rand attained that weird reality warp ability their channeling powers should develop normally, they might be very strong since both of their parents are extremely powerful channelers but they shouldn't be able to channel till they reach 18 (or whatever Randland age for starting to channel is)

We don't know the children are conceived there though.

The A"Dam not as a tool for slavery but as a tool to protect other from Rogue channeler .

Far too much potential for abuse. All it does is shift the power from one person to another. Additionally there is already such a tool in existence. It's called a binder.

I tried to get past my disgust for it and  tough it as a temporary measure a way to mend the cultural gap with the seanchan . I must also precise I don't think of it as a way too punish Rogue channeler by making them damane , the system of the damane is an abomination , I imagine  it as a tool to contain Rogue  channeler for non-channeler or weak one .The problem with a binder is that you need to have the channeler under your control to make it effective , the A'dam , disgusting tool as it is , is more efficient at "neutralizing" quickly an opponent . Kind of like a pair of Handcuffs . 

Both have potential for abuse , albeit you can escape a binder if you can escape your opponent , once you get caught by it your are at the mercy of the one binding you .

Still you have a point the binding rod and chair should be enough

One thing im curious about, is when Mat is talking to the Heros of the Horn, Mat is all worried that he might become a Hero, and they tell hiim that he has another destiny or something so he doesnt have to worry about it.

Does that mean to be a Hero of the Horn is a conscience desicion? You can choose whether or not to be a Hero? Or was there gonna be something bigger with Mat Post Wheel of Time(books jordan would have written).

Archived