DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue Through to the End of the Epilogue--Full Book Discussion.

Luckers

Oh, so we learn a little what the Randland may look like after the Last Battle?

A lot. Not in direct detail. Its all hints and signs. Like Cadsuane's being named Amyrlin is a strong hint the Oaths are going away. Hawkwing's offscreen meeting with Tuon likely hints at a further mellowing of her stance. Pevara and Androl, as well as Gabrelle and Logain, hint at things to come for the two Towers. Things like that, mostly.

So, are Ashaman and channeling men included in Rand's in the Dragon Peace? Is Logain recognized as their leader?

I don't think they are. But I also don't think they needed to be. Logain is recognized their leader, and is shown to be on the path to making the Asha'man something more than mere weapons. We're given a clue that attitudes towards male channelers will change drastically after their acts in the final battle. Likely towards Aes Sedai too, though this is less of a change, given their previous status. 

Again, Cadsuane's speculation about having Aviendha in the Tower, and the reason Sitters give for choosing her as Amyrlin hint at a closeness between these two groups. Egwene sticking up for the Sea Folk and freeing Tremlaking from the Seanchan is also another hint of future good relations between the female channelers.

And Egwene more or less made it certain that any damane who wishes to be free will be allowed to come to the Tower. And in exchange, the Seanchan can come to Tar Valon or any other city, and preach the greatness of the a'dam. A ludicrous deal that only went through because Tuon actually believes she's right about the a'dam being something channelers would want. Right there, the doom of the damane system was guaranteed.

So its not Jahar Narishma, and the prophecy about 2nd person who draws Callandor is not fulfilled (or forgotten)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that include everyone - like Mat, Perrin (I heard on this post), Rhuarc and Debraine too? Its like the Waygates - so obvious that they needed to be sealed ASAP and still left open to lose Caemlin to Trollocs, they really should have protected their non-channeler generals dreams! Any of them survive (other than Mat and Perrin)?

Mat is safe. Dobraine is absent completely. Perrin is not a general in the Last Battle. He's absent more most of it. Rhuarc yes. Agelmar, Bashere, Ituralde and Bryne all get compelled.

As for protecting their Dreams. It should have been done. Rand, at least, should have thought of it. But he thought Graendal dead, and no Shadow channeler remained with such subtle skill at compulsion. Perhaps that explains it. As for Bryne, I still confused how being a Warder didn't protect him from incursion from Graendal.

Oh, so we learn a little what the Randland may look like after the Last Battle?

A lot. Not in direct detail. Its all hints and signs. Like Cadsuane's being named Amyrlin is a strong hint the Oaths are going away. Hawkwing's offscreen meeting with Tuon likely hints at a further mellowing of her stance. Pevara and Androl, as well as Gabrelle and Logain, hint at things to come for the two Towers. Things like that, mostly.

>So, are Ashaman and channeling men included in Rand's in the Dragon Peace? Is Logain recognized as their leader?

ockquote>I don't think they are. But I also don't think they needed to be. Logain is recognized their leader, and is shown to be on the path to making the Asha'man something more than mere weapons. We're given a clue that attitudes towards male channelers will change drastically after their acts in the final battle. Likely towards Aes Sedai too, though this is less of a change, given their previous status. 

Again, Cadsuane's speculation about having Aviendha in the Tower, and the reason Sitters give for choosing her as Amyrlin hint at a closeness between these two groups. Egwene sticking up for the Sea Folk and freeing Tremlaking from the Seanchan is also another hint of future good relations between the female channelers.

And Egwene more or less made it certain that any damane who wishes to be free will be allowed to come to the Tower. And in exchange, the Seanchan can come to Tar Valon or any other city, and preach the greatness of the a'dam. A ludicrous deal that only went through because Tuon actually believes she's right about the a'dam being something channelers would want. Right there, the doom of the damane system was guaranteed.

So its not Jahar Narishma, and the prophecy about 2nd person who draws Callandor is not fulfilled (or forgotten)

It isn't forgotten. We were just terrible at interpreting it. Its a little misleading too. And we were misdirected by Rand's interpretation of it.

Guest PiotrekS

I would be grateful if somebody could kindly share their knowledge about whether Rand's new "Light" powers were explained?

Also, did we hear from or learn anything new about the Creator?

Almost forgot.

One of the reasons that bad future for Aiel that Aviendha foresaw is that Seanchan refused to release Shaido Wise Ones (that were captured due to alliance with Perin) after customary gai'shan period of 1 year. (That lead to her daughter trying to get others involved in fight with Seanchan and so on and so on).

Was that point resolved in negotiations for peace that Rand wanted to do?

Also, if Egwene made an agreement with Tuon to release damane who wanted to be released, shouldn't Elaida I mean Sufi be released to? I doubt she was so completely broken that she already wanted to be damane and she is not a DF just stupid.

Did I ever mention how I hate that customary release date for new books is TUESDAY.(I think it was started by Amazon for some reason). I would have preferred Friday or weekend or Monday (start of week), but TUE is just so arbitrary. I mean I can't wait to get my hands on this book and I hate TUE! LOL

Speaking of various Prophecies, Dreams and ForeTellings. Are all of these fulfilled one way or another, regardless of how they are interpreted, or some are forgotten?

Several are forgotten. Including some that featured prominently in major fan theories.

@ PiotrekS

I would be grateful if somebody could kindly share their knowledge about whether Rand's new "Light" powers were explained?

You mean what he does in ToM post epiphany? Very much so, yes.

Also, did we hear from or learn anything new about the Creator?

Oh no. We get some hints, I think. But that is all.

Also if Cadsuane is made Amyrlin why does it mean that Aes Sedai stop binding themselves on Oath Rod.

I thought it was one of the girls - Elayne, Nynaeve or Egwene were against it but I don't remember Cadsuane mentioning anything for or against it at all.

The most *goosbumpy* moment for me is when they killed Bela. I mean, WHY?!? T_T

just... why..?

*sobs in the corner*

I want the years of my life I spent reading these books back NOW.

they can keep the money, I just want this crap out of my brain and I want to retroactively spend that time doing something useful like spamming or crocheting granny squares.

dear lord.

its hard to make a conclusive list of all propheciies/ dreams, but i thought they missed some though i was expecting it as there were so many.

the only one i felt bad about was the twice dawning day as i felt it would have more significance with regards to rand dying and living again. in my tiny brain i was eexpecting a time loop or or at least a meaningful eclipse with consequences.

rands new "powers" are exaplined. though there will never bee enough depth for everyone. 

you learn more than we ever have about the creator and DO. one of the new memories provides a decent clue if i remember rightly.

the seanchan agreed to release women who did not want to remain collared, though presumably the issue of damane eventualy becoming habituated will be an iissue. i dont remember anything specifically mentioning shaiido wise ones.

I seriously doubt any were missed, as Terez said, some might be fullfilled in ways contrary to what some what, but they'll all be addressed so long as they take place in the timeline by the end of the book.

Some are definately things meant to happen after the Last Battle, so we might not see those on purpose. RJ said he wasn't tying up every loose end.

just wondering what Slayer got up to?

I wonder if Slayer got separated again to Luc and Isam or just got killed and who did the deed. And did Lan ever met Isam or realize who he was.

Did Galad ever realize that Rand is his half-brother?

Archived