DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue Through to the End of the Epilogue--Full Book Discussion.

Luckers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some predications were proven true, others were dashed in surprising- occassionaly perhaps even shocking- ways. There were moments written just perfectly, others(and fewer, it should be added) where it seemed a note was missed. Love, excitment, action, bitter loss, fear, moments of doubt and despair and surpassing heroism throughout.

All in all it may not have been the book we all wanted, but it was he book we needed and deserved. A fitting and fulfilling end to a surpassingly(for us, at the least) excellent saga.

Team Jordan, consider this a well earned Well Done! I'm sure it will be but one among many.

Well said.  I think that of all the three books that were split, this had the most "meat" in it, and RJ's pieces seemed more pronounced here than in others.  You can compare this to a 200 year old Chateau Rothschild wine kept at the perfect temperature in a wine cellar and aged all that time with satisfying notes of completion and enough left unanswered that this will stick with you in your thoughts offering pondering and reflection for many more years to come.  I think that RJ and BS completed RJ's masterful tale that has left us hanging onto every last printed word these last few decades.  I'd offer a well done, but prefer "Superbly Finished.  Satisfying."

The last book in any series should be the best book in that series.  Many times it falls short of that.

In this case, I do strongly feel like this is the best book of the series.  Ending is also perfect.  It leaves enough open ended that fans can talk, debate, and discuss for years in a very satisfying, fulfilling way.

In the spirit of what I posted above, so what is the speculation on what Rand is going to do? 

Sure it's a given that he'll take some time to see the world, enjoy himself, finally live the simple life that someone his chronological age should be given the chance to.

But we know for a fact that Elayne, Min, and Avi know he is alive and where he is going.  The bond is still there.  So what?  Is Rand going to be getting regular booty call visits from his harem in rotation?  Combination?
It's strongly implicated.

Eventually, isn't he going to want to be more of a father figure?  Elayne's kids are going to be born soon right?  Isn't he going to eventually get Avi and Min with child too?

I can't imagine him being an absentee father roaming the world like Jain Farstrider while his SO's do all the work of raising his kids.

And when/if he presumably returns, that's not going to raise  a few eyebrows?   Everyone in the world knows Elayne, Min, and Avi are the consorts of the Dragon Reborn.  When they get with child and the same guy shows up around each of them, that's not going to lead to some questions?  Nynaeve already suspects.  Cadsuane already knows.

You don't think Thom can figure out after about 8 seconds with Rand? 

Rand is going to seriously leave his friends like Mat and Perrin in the dark??   Moriaine?   His own FATHER?  

I think eventually a lot more people are going to know he's back. 

In the spirit of what I posted above, so what is the speculation on what Rand is going to do? 

Sure it's a given that he'll take some time to see the world, enjoy himself, finally live the simple life that someone his chronological age should be given the chance to.

But we know for a fact that Elayne, Min, and Avi know he is alive and where he is going.  The bond is still there.  So what?  Is Rand going to be getting regular booty call visits from his harem in rotation?  Combination?

Eventually, isn't he going to want to be more of a father figure?  Elayne's kids are going to be born soon right?  Isn't he going to eventually get Avi and Min with child too?

I can't imagine him being an absentee father roaming the world like Jain Farstrider while his SO's do all the work of raising his kids.

And when/if he presumably returns, that's not going to raise  a few eyebrows?   Everyone in the world knows Elayne, Min, and Avi are the consorts of the Dragon Reborn.  When they get with child and the same guy shows up around each of them, that's not going to lead to some questions?  Nynaeve already suspects.  Cadsuane already knows.

Rand is going to seriously leave his friends like Mat and Perrin in the dark??   Moriaine?   His own FATHER?  

didnt rj mention about two sets of outrigger trillogys or atleast set of books, one of them being about matt and tuon, but wouldnt say what the other set was to be?  I do believe I remember reading about that from one of his interviews or book signings.... guess we now know what the 2nd outrigger was to be about  now then.

Rand would simply have to much to answer for right now if he was *still alive*.

wow, this place is dead. I remember people going crazy with earlier books wanting to know the spoilers. Have people become more disciplined? Is it because of New Years holidays?

Or has WoT lost its zing?

No, it is jus a lot harder to get an earlier copy and non-disclosues a lot more binding.

didnt rj mention about two sets of outrigger trillogys or atleast set of books, one of them being about matt and tuon, but wouldnt say what the other set was to be?  I do believe I remember reading about that from one of his interviews or book signings.... guess we now know what the 2nd outrigger was to be about  now then.

Rand would simply have to much to answer for right now if he was *still alive*.

Sure I'm with you on that.  I know for the next few months or even year or so he'll be invisible but EVENTUALLY he's going to come back right?  I don't see how you can logically not do it.

And coming back will havea helluva lot of implications.  Even without any ability to channel and not being ta'veren anymore he is still the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.  Imagine if Jesus was just hanging around our world.

I just find it interesting to think through some of the implications.

So here's a question --

This series has more than a few moments where scenes are just epic, goosebumps, moments of sheer awesomeness. The Grave Is No Bar to My Call from Great Hunt I consider one. "Raise the Banner of Light!" moment at Dumai's Wells is another (for me.) Cleansing the Taint in Winter's Heart, and Perrin's creation of his hammer in ToM is another. (I suspect other readers have different examples and I'm probably forgetting more than one.)

How many of these moments are there in aMoL (if any?) I'm sure there are crazy-awesome moments, but are they the GOOSEBUMP kind?

wow, this place is dead. I remember people going crazy with earlier books wanting to know the spoilers. Have people become more disciplined? Is it because of New Years holidays?

Or has WoT lost its zing?

No, it is jus a lot harder to get an earlier copy and non-disclosues a lot more binding.

Threats to ban people who demand spoilers probably doesn't hurt either. ;)

So here's a question --

This series has more than a few moments where scenes are just epic, goosebumps, moments of sheer awesomeness. The Grave Is No Bar to My Call from Great Hunt I consider one. "Raise the Banner of Light!" moment at Dumai's Wells is another (for me.) Cleansing the Taint in Winter's Heart, and Perrin's creation of his hammer in ToM is another. (I suspect other readers have different examples and I'm probably forgetting more than one.)

How many of these moments are there in aMoL (if any?) I'm sure there are crazy-awesome moments, but are they the GOOSEBUMP kind?

In my opinion there are more of those moments in aMoL than the entire series combined.  Some within pages of each other.  It's . . . almost too much actually, overwhelming.

In my opinion there are more of those moments in aMoL than the entire series combined.  Some within pages of each other.  It's . . . almost too much actually, overwhelming.

Can't wait to hear about these moments.  I unfortunately can't take any time off work during the week, so to keep myself from losing sleep I have decided to spoil as much as I can so it will be easier to only read a few hours each evening.  9 days & counting!

Why can't these books come out on a friday??

HI there, 

I think that very nice New Year present for someone willing with the book would be to provide POV list for chapters past 20, as Terez provided them up to Chapter 20 (and partial for 21).

Or just the POV list for Demandred and Mazrim Taim, which are the characters that make me most excited.

Happy New Year!

May I ask if it made sense with everything else that was going on and if it was otherwise done well?

I've always absolutely hated the body-swap theory and so I'm hoping that it will be written in a manner that will make it at least acceptable to me. :c

Archived