DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stargate Universe Getting Rebooted?

Nolder

Probably not but I am really hoping for a movie to finish of the story in a more concise way. Regardless this tweet indicates that Stargate related is being worked on and it will have to do with the Destiny from SGU. Even if it's not a reboot or even a movie I'm still excited that something new is coming out of the Stargate franchise.

Edit: Apparently Dinnerbone (Minecraft Dev) said if it's a movie or tv show he'll sneak something Stargate related into the next Minecraft update. Neat!

Edit2: OH apparently it is a movie! Super awesome!!

Yeah a lot of people do.

I think it has to do with the fact that it's a different show from SG1 and SGA and people didn't respond well to that.

It was darker and tenser while Stargate fans were used to light comedy and mostly pointless plotlines.

I think it's really sad. I just finished rewatching the series about a week ago and was reminded that IMO one of the best scifi shows ever made was cut short.

Stargate needs a reboot like Star Trek did.  The new Star Trek movies are terrific, see the Darkness trailer. 

As far as sci-fi TV series goes, the top ones:

ST TNG > Babylon 5 > Battlestar Galactica (2004)  > Farscape and so on

SG Universe was good but definitely nowhere near the top shows.  I personally like SG Atlantis, but most fans it would be SG1. 

• Community Administrator

Benganza, if you wer ea die-hard firefly fan, you'd be tarred and feathered for your list by the legion of brown coats. :tongue:

Oneof the reasons I disliked SGU  is mostly the camera work. They tried to make it 'new trendy' or something, and I think it made  it fall flat on its face.

The show had potential, I'll give it that.

Benganza, if you wer ea die-hard firefly fan, you'd be tarred and feathered for your list by the legion of brown coats. :tongue:

Oneof the reasons I disliked SGU  is mostly the camera work. They tried to make it 'new trendy' or something, and I think it made  it fall flat on its face.

What was wrong with the camera work?

Yuck.. I could not stand the new SGU -.- Where is all the action and drama? spending 90-95% of the time on a bloody ship doing crapnothing. And where are all the different aliens?

What what what? Do you think slowly running out of food, water, AND air isn't drama? Being pursued by hostile aliens, drones, and the Lucian Alliance isn't drama? Having the Captain of the ship having to suffocate one of his own men because he was trapped isn't drama? Being captured and turned into a freaking alien isn't drama? Not knowing if you'll ever get to your destination let alone home isn't drama? And don't get me started about all the amazing effects they did with the space battles. Freaking space battles! No action? No drama? What show were you watching?!

I admit there wasn't a flavor of the week alien but personally I liked that. I hate cheesy looking aliens that are really just humans with some cheap prosthetics slapped on. I like quality and quality takes time and lots of money.

Surw sure. Maybe it was a stretch to claim it didm't have any drama. But I can't say that I was satisfied with the action pace. The most "exciting" part was when the .. was it lucians? .. captured the ship for a while.

Space battles? That must have been in the last 4-5 episodes that I spared myself from xD

I just don't know how it's possible to compare the drama of a dude sufficating, with atlantis submerging to evade anhilation ;) the eventual assult on atlantis, tons of spacebattles between different factions, daniel being turned into a orion priest, o'neil being freezed in a ancient chamber and so on so forth ^^

Surw sure. Maybe it was a stretch to claim it didm't have any drama. But I can't say that I was satisfied with the action pace. The most "exciting" part was when the .. was it lucians? .. captured the ship for a while.

Well personally my favorite bit was actually the first storyline where they are running out of air. But really there were plenty of exciting episodes. The time they battled those crazy plants and Scott was infected and in some sort of dream where he was getting married. The time that catbear thing captured TJ and that other dude and took them back to it's cave. The time they met their decedents and were constantly being harassed by the drones. The time the blue aliens were on the ship and took Chloe. The time the civilians mutinied and the soldiers had to take back control of the ship. You didn't think any of that was exciting?

Space battles? That must have been in the last 4-5 episodes that I spared myself from xD

There has been a few. Including the time the Destiny blew up. That was a really cool sequence.

The thing about the space battles is they were really expensive to produce so they were somewhat rare (I think maybe 5 or 6 times total in the two seasons?) but they definitely looked great.

I just don't know how it's possible to compare the drama of a dude sufficating, with atlantis submerging to evade anhilation ;) the eventual assult on atlantis, tons of spacebattles between different factions, daniel being turned into a orion priest, o'neil being freezed in a ancient chamber and so on so forth ^^

Actually I haven't really watched much Atlantis. I saw maybe 4 or 5 episodes but didn't get hooked. I think I was way more into video games back then rather than tv shows so maybe I should give it another try. Regardless I am not saying that SGU is better than Atlantis. All I have ever tried to say to anyone was that SGU is not a bad show and I just don't understand how a fan of science fiction could actually dislike it.

• Community Administrator

they were using shakey cam, and that odd filter to give it that reality-tv look.

I'd like to see the conclusion to the story. I think at this point I'm just addicted to anything stargate. Universe wasn't really my favorite. It was ok I guess.  I really wish they hadn't ended SG-1. They still could have done a lot with that show. 

they were using shakey cam, and that odd filter to give it that reality-tv look.

Yeah in some scenes they were

Usually when they do the whole "running and explosions" type of thing which happened a lot in the first few episodes

I don't like shaky cam either but I don't think they overused it

I have no idea what you mean by reality tv look

Do you mean the scenes shot through the Kino? It's supposed to look like that

It's like he's making a documentary

Well personally my favorite bit was actually the first storyline where they are running out of air. But really there were plenty of exciting episodes. The time they battled those crazy plants and Scott was infected and in some sort of dream where he was getting married. The time that catbear thing captured TJ and that other dude and took them back to it's cave. The time they met their decedents and were constantly being harassed by the drones. The time the blue aliens were on the ship and took Chloe. The time the civilians mutinied and the soldiers had to take back control of the ship. You didn't think any of that was exciting?

There has been a few. Including the time the Destiny blew up. That was a really cool sequence.

The thing about the space battles is they were really expensive to produce so they were somewhat rare (I think maybe 5 or 6 times total in the two seasons?) but they definitely looked great.

Actually I haven't really watched much Atlantis. I saw maybe 4 or 5 episodes but didn't get hooked. I think I was way more into video games back then rather than tv shows so maybe I should give it another try. Regardless I am not saying that SGU is better than Atlantis. All I have ever tried to say to anyone was that SGU is not a bad show and I just don't understand how a fan of science fiction could actually dislike it.

I suppose I would have been fine with the series if it was named

"The starship - Cronicles of Destiney" Instead of "Stargate - Universe" xP

Archived