DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BlueCon 2012 - Star Wars Discussion

Ithillian Turambar

What is the best Star Wars movie ever?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Star Wars movie ever?

• The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith
    • The Cartoon Series of the Clone Wars (yes it's not a movie, but I'm going to vote for it anyway)
    • A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • The new one that Disney is making ... I have a good feeling about it

1. Do you have any memories of the original trilogy from when they were out in the cinema?

I can remember the battle to blow up the first Death Star vaguely. That was when it was re-released prior to Episode V coming out the very first time. The first time I saw Episode V, the only thing I recall well was Luke's fight with Vader and the big father reveal, with Luke accusing Vader of fakeclaiming his father. Episode VI is the first movie that I can clearly remember my first time seeing it.

2. If not, when do you first remember seeing the original trilogy and what did you think?

N/A
3. What was your favourite part?

Princess Leia in the golden bikini, of course.

4. Was there a part that made you want to hide behind a cushion.

Nope.

5. If you could get rid of something from the original trilogy, what would it be?

The "Jedi Rocks" CGI bit added to the partying in Jabba's Palace.

6. Which one is your favourite film out of the Original Trilogy

Episode V. Classic cliffhanger.

1. How excited were you when they announced they would be making the prequels?

I was pretty excited
2. Did you go and see them at the cinema.

Just Episode 3

3. Did you see the Prequels before you watched the Originals?

Saw the Originals first.
4. What was their greatest triumph/biggest disappointment/strength/weakness.

The amazingness of the special effects for the 70s/80s/ Jar Jar/ Great Story/ bad dialogue
5. If you could change one thing about them what would that be.

Make Anakin less whiney
6. What is your favourite prequel?

Episode 3

1. Where should people who have never seen Star Wars start - what order should they watch the movies in?

Depends on the age - younger, I would recommend prequels first - older - the originals
2. Are the various animated characters a necessary part of capturing the younger audience's attention?

Not necessary
3. Have you seen the original cinema version of the original movies (pre CGI)? If not, would you like to?

I have :biggrin:
4. Should George Lucas have made the last round of changes to the films that he did, to make them more child friendly. The Muppet Singing Scene in Jabba's Palace and the extra StormTroopers in Cloud City, for example?

Nope - should have kept it the same
5. Were there any scenes you wished hadn't happened at all?

Love scene with Padme - "I can't breathe!"
6. Did he need to make the films more 'funny' or should he have just left them alone?

Kept em the same - comedy is ok - but it was a rather serious story.

woops... my tred brin didn't see this..

1. How excited were you when they announced they would be making the prequels? I didn't really know at the time.
2. Did you go and see them at the cinema. I saw Revenge of the Sith in theaters.
3. Did you see the Prequels before you watched the Originals? definetely not
4. What was their greatest triumph/biggest disappointment/strength/weakness. They did really well with the Clone Wars I have to say, but some of the things of Padme and Anakin were weird, and the prequels were good, but they were choppy, too...
5. If you could change one thing about them what would they be. I don't know at the moment.
6. What is your favourite prequel? Attack of the Clones

You might still be able to buy the special edition DVDs that have both the Lucas'd up version and the original cinema version. The muppet singing scene it when the brown thing that is a cross between Captain Caveman and Dr Teeth is singing along with the long lipped alien. The long lipped alien has always been there, but there was much more tension in the scene where Jabba drops the slave girl in the pit. <br/><br/>

Anyways ... onto today's questions, and we are going to have a little bit more fun today. Discussions don't always have to be serious :biggrin:

Funday Fanday Friday!

1. Who is your overall favourite Character and why?

2. If you had to dress as your favourite Character for the BlueCon convention, who would you come as?

3. If your favourite is from the original films, who is your favourite in the prequel films, or vice versa?

4. I like funny gifs and stuffs. Share a Star Wars funny Gif, Smiley or Picture with us all!

My favourite overall character is Luke. Partly to annoy my elder sister who liked Han Solo best - and because he was a freakin Jedi!! and all the struggle between the Light and Darkside and stuff.

I would dress up as Princess Leia - and in fact have done so in the past - complete with hooded white dress and big buns! Have I mentioned this before? Anyways it was a New Year's Eve party, followed by a lock in at the local pub and a meander back home which involved saying 'Force be with you, Mate!' to random strangers as I passed.

I think I'm gonna get slayed for this, but I like Padme in the original films - because she got all the cool clothes lol - even though her dialogue was AWFUL.

Han Solo Stormtrooper Chariot!

d63b54f1.gif

or maybe this ...

atQvu.gif

:biggrin:

My favorite overall from both trilogies is Obi-Wan. Loved the older version, cause he was so calm and collected. Then the younger quippy was good too.

If I were to dress up as any character it would be Boba Fett. Cause he is my fave from LEGO Star Wars.

Other favorite would be Vader. Who would have thought hearing someone on a respirator could be so scary.

1. Where should people who have never seen Star Wars start - what order should they watch the movies in? - 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3

2. Are the various animated characters a necessary part of capturing the younger audience's attention? - No, but I feel like it would be better than trying to do it without animation.

3. Have you seen the original cinema version of the original movies (pre CGI)? If not, would you like to? - I don't think so... I would like to.

4. Should George Lucas have made the last round of changes to the films that he did, to make them more child friendly. The Muppet Singing Scene in Jabba's Palace and the extra StormTroopers in Cloud City, for example? - Don't think they make a significant enough difference.

5. Were there any scenes you wished hadn't happened at all? - Anything with Jarjar in it, anything with Leia and Luke together with loving each other in it.

6. Did he need to make the films more 'funny' or should he have just left them alone? - Justl eft them alone.

1. Who is your overall favourite Character and why?

Chewbacca. He's a Wookiee, he's tall, and furry, and kicks butt!
2. If you had to dress as your favourite Character for the BlueCon convention, who would you come as?

Chewbacca. Duh.
3. If your favourite is from the original films, who is your favourite in the prequel films, or vice versa?

Qui-Gon. Second favourite character, he's brilliant!
4. I like funny gifs and stuffs. Share a Star Wars funny Gif, Smiley or Picture with us all!

Oh, that was a mistake.

Dang. Stupid DM gallery. I have so many pics, but I can't get them off of my computer....

• 2 weeks later...
bluecon-starwars-discuss.jpg

1. Do you have any memories of the original trilogy from when they were out in the cinema?

2. If not, when do you first remember seeing the original trilogy and what did you think?

3. What was your favourite part?

4. Was there a part that made you want to hide behind a cushion.

5. If you could get rid of something from the original trilogy, what would it be?

6. Which one is your favourite film out of the Original Trilogy

I saw the original New Hope in theaters 3 times when I was 4. I saw all the rest I. Theaters as well shortly after they came out.

My first memory of New Hope was crushing on Leia, and the party scene at the Saloon where Luke and Ben meet Han And Chewie. My memory of Empire was Luke and Leia's kiss, Han slicing open the Taunton and sticking Luke inside, oh and COMPLETELY being FREAKED when Darth said he was Luke's father! and the best part was when Han was about to be frozen in carbonite and Leia said I love you, Han responded with "I know" -- I just thought that was so cool.

My memory of Return (I actually remember when it was being announced and advertised as Revenge of the Jedi, and we heard the spoiler that Luke and Leia were brother and sister ... And remembering their kiss ... :( , learning what a REAL crush on Leia was like *WoW* and thinking the whole pit of sarlaac was one of the most terrifying things ever.

I think if I could get rid of something it would be the Disney-fication of the Ewoks.

Favorite quote is still Leia:"I love you." Han:"I know."

And in addition to the above, we will now be moving onto Day Two of our discussion. Anyone who hasn't had chance to talk about our Day One points can certainly talk about them still.

Today we will talk aboutThe Prequels ... aka - the New Movies

1. How excited were you when they announced they would be making the prequels?

2. Did you go and see them at the cinema.

3. Did you see the Prequels before you watched the Originals?

4. What was their greatest triumph/biggest disappointment/strength/weakness.

5. If you could change one thing about them what would they be.

6. What is your favourite prequel?

Ok, over to you :)

1-Pretty excited. I thought (wrongfully) surely Lucas respects the originals and the lifelong fans, he won't screw it up .... :(

2-Yes, re-saw the original 3, then saw each new one on opening night.

3-nope

4-Greatest was in Revenge of the Sith understanding WHY Anakkin became Vader, and then seeing the *mechanics* of it happen. I felt so bad for him. Totally sympathized with him. One of the greatest parts in any of the 6 movies. Biggest Disappointment Jar Jar, Jar Jar and Jar Jar. Oh and also Jar Jar. Amadala wasn't that great of a character either, but everything else is eclipsed by Jar Jar.

5-Jar Jar

6- Revenge of the Sith

Oh and did I mention what a disappointment JAR JAR is? ;)

Cool and thanks! Yes, very much a Star Wars fan, life long. :)

Although, I must say, the older I get, the more I tilt towards Star Trek, but that may be because that franchise has improved with time, and adapted while Lucas has disparaged the story and reputation. :(

Either way, I prefer Epic Fantasy to Sci-Fi any day. Happy New Year!

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived