DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Papa Vanion!

Vanion

On Monday morning at 1:14am, I became father to an absolutely beautiful little girl. After more than 12 hours of labor, my wife gave birth to our daughter, Keira, who weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 20 inches long.

She has currently been keeping me awake all hours of the day, and I couldn't be happier to be sleep deprived lol

And with that, kneel in obedience before the future Empress of the World!

keira.jpg

I thought her name was going to be Mikayla? :P

Awww Van, she's beautiful

*Picks up Keira and starts rocking her* Aunt Heart's going to teach you all about being a Gai'Dar. Your daddy may think he knows everything, but he doesn't ;) 

We had originally planned to name her Mikayla, but then we started seeing more girls with that name, and we went with Keira instead.

My little girl is going to be a force though! Can't wait till she starts developing fine motors skills and I can start teaching her martial arts and other cool stuff, like how to get daddy a beer and how to play guitar!

I think this is the first time I've ever heard of Mikayla (or any alternate spelling) being too common of a name XD

Oh she is!!!! I know it!!! XD make sure you also start reading to her very early on--like now. It helps with a lot of cognitive development related things

I use music instead. I find she sleeps nicely when I put her on my piano and start to play.

First song she ever heard though on the way home from the hospital was by Jimmy Hendrix! I think shes gonna turn out good hehe

I'm not going to read her The Art of War and the Wheel of Time until she is old enough and has developed a suitable vocabulary. So, probably around 5 or 6 is when I will start reading it to her.

And I was never a Shakespeare fan. I've read most of his collected works, but only enjoyed a few, like Macbeth and Hamlet.

I would rather read her stuff by Edgar Allan Poe, H.P Lovecraft, W.B Yeats, Mark Twain, maybe some Charles Dickens, Leo Tolstoy.

I have a massive library, so she will have no shortage of classical authors to pick from to read. My wife is big Poe fan, so she will likely read it to our daughter.

lol of course I am going to read to her while she is little. Just not novels right now.

I have a habit of singing to her while I'm holding her. My wife thinks its funny, but hey, it keeps her from crying, so I will sing until my throat is raw :)

She's super cute when sleeping and awake... not so cute when she gets fussy and cries up a storm lol

I think she's gonna play the guitar though! She likes to grab the strings on my Gibson when I play. Its freakin' adorable!

Archived