DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Applications for Ajah Heads (CLOSED)

Kathleen

Due to lack of activity and restructuring within the WT and in the RP Boards in general, all Staffing is on hold. We will address staffing needs when we have the base of the RP System in place.

Hello all!

There have been a few shifts at the White Tower lately and some new positions are now available. These positions require more than just rping, so please only apply if you are serious about putting in the time and effort to do all the duties of the jobs.

We are looking for Heads for the Brown, Blue, Gray, and White,  Ajahs.

We will be giving preference to members who already have Aes Sedai in the Ajah they wish to apply for. However, if you are interested and do yet have an Aes Sedai, or have one in another Ajah, please do not hesitate from sending in an application if you are certain you can give deliver the duties of the position and give the position the time it needs.

Here is a list of the duties that come along with the role of HoA :

• RP the NSW Ajah Head when needed
  • RP your Own PC Ajah member
  • Be available to interact with the members of your Ajah both IC&OOC - RP, motivate, answer questions/hear concerns etc.
  • Inform MoN, RGL (if Accepted)/AGL of AS when a new character of their focus joins your Ajah
  • Prepare and post a report on IC&OOC activity in your Ajah each month in the Staff Board
  • Give input in White Tower RP Staff discussions and decisions
  • Appoint and define staff duties/expectations for your Sitters

Interested candidates can emial WTDiv [at] dragonmount.com with the following information. Please be sure to put the position you are applying for (Blue/Brown/Gray) in the subject line.

Application for the position of: [insert here]

Your Name :

Your DM Handle:

Your Age :

How long have you RPed at DM?

How long have you been RPing all over?

What kind of Role Playing positions (IC and/or OOC) have you held on this site or any other WoT based site? (please provide references)

What kind of leadership positions have you held on this site or any other WoT based site? (please provide references)

What kind of leadership positions have you held on any type of site or IRL? (please provide references)

Have you read all the WoT books?

Have you read what our expectations are, and are you able and prepared to work within them?

What are your talents (ie website building skills, spreadsheets, graphics, role playing, ideas, etc)?

If you are applying for an OOC position:

What ideas do you have for the division and your Ajah / section?

If you are applying for an IC position:

What sort of plans do you have for the position IC / rp plans?

Have you read the duties of the position you are applying for, and are you positive you can perform them on a consistent basis?

There will be an interview with each person who applied before the decision is made. We will leave the positions open until someone who can do the job applies.

Kathleen
WT RGL

Thank you to all who have applied.

At this time, I am closing applications for the MoN position, as we have had some interest there. To those who did apply, please keep an eye on your emails to set up a time for interview.

The Ajah Heads have not yet been filled so I will be leaving those open. When the new MoN is in place I will open all vacant positions to the public of DM and leave them open until the time a suitable candidate applies.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I believe it is. And as much as I am super excited to have interest, we've had a lot of disappoinment with getting staff and having them disappear right away. So, I would like to see you complete all your requirements for coming back (tests and retro RPs) and then you can send in your application and we'll go from there.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you see my post to Jagen in 2015 just above your first post here, you'll see that I'm not a big fan on people jumping right into staff positions.

I wrote then: And as much as I am super excited to have interest, we've had a lot of disappointment with getting staff and having them disappear right away. So, I would like to see you complete all your requirements for coming back (tests and retro RPs) and then you can send in your application and we'll go from there.

I'd really like to give some time for you to get settled in with RPing here again before making the leap to staff. Get familiar with how we do things and let us get familiar with you (even though its changing, there are some pretty standard things we have in place structure wise that we are trying to salvage as we work in changes). 

Also, we already have an IC Head NSW character for the Blue ajah and no active members in that ajah (unless you count that I can be active with two NSW for the blues). So there isn't really a need for more OOC staff right now, there would literally be nothing for you to do as staff that are aren't already doing as a member. 

As for joining the ajah, you can absolutely have your character go Blue and once you RP through the requirements (as they are determined) and have a little more time settling in we can certainly think about adding staff roles later.

Realistically, the boards are going through a major overhaul right now - as you are aware - so I'm pretty reluctant to add new staff when things are being pared down so much. I would be a lot more comfortable getting a base set before adding new things. 

I think the way I am looking at it, and the way you are, may differ? I'm volunteering to help kickstart one of the inactive ajah's by puting a member into it. I have the small luxury of a) having an NSW I can toss in, B) I can go through the raisign stuff, but it's not like i've not been a HoA/Blue or full rank before. ;) C) I don't need to be 'staff' to just write and have access to Ajah's. Perhaps just picking the character up as a PSW (as a Sitter?) That and it would be nice to have access to the Ajah so I can see what the Blue Ajah was so I can gear my Novice in that direction a little more.. cohesively.

That being said, i get it. :) Staff is silly when there are really just so few of us. I'm not askign really to be staff, and i suppose i forgot that Head is Staff? I suppose i've grown used to just seeing it as "Roleplay point of contact?... which is staff... but playerwise as equal to all the others. >.>

I promise I am not trying to be difficult. I'm just enthusiastic in my offers to help. :D >.> Sometimes it's a flaw.

Edited by Arie

Leala was the White Head and MoN, but stepped down a few years ago and we haven't had any other active Whites. My goal is to find people who become active in an ajah, invest some time into them with their own personal characters, and then if they are interested give the OOC staff roles and NSW Head/Sitters to play with if they want. 

I feel like if they have the personal invenstment of their own characters in the ajah and the habit of being active it will have a better chance of sticking around for a while. I did it the other way with returning members a few times, but they didn't stick around half as long as the people who moved their own character's up and were active in the ajah before going staff.

That said, if activity suddenly increased to a point where active Staff would be needed I would be willing to look at long standing active members who aren't in that ajah to take over the position if they were interested.

*nods* Understandable :)

In the meantime, if you wish, I could do for the other Ajahs what I did for the Reds... consolidating information in the same manner I did on this thread for the Reds. I... sort of like such organizational work, and seeing as there is no rush nor obligation, just desire, I could do this, if it is desired on your end? (Or maybe it's already done and still up to date, even years later--I have no idea.)