DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

About to play FF6 for the first time...

balefired-ed2

• Community Administrator
Finally, I enjoy Kefka as a villain. It is nice to have a guy that unrepentantly crazy and evil that does things seemingly just for the evuls, and not out of any other motive.

IF you like him now.. Your going to love him later in the game! :wink:

Theres a reason I say Kefka > Sepiroth or any other FF villian.

As for the remake on the ps1? This was released more as a compiliation, rather than a remake, they added in actual cutscenes (obviously) but thats the extent of it. I'm actually hoping they do a real remake so we can get some of those new sprites and cleaner graphics. :wink:

I wouldn't level too much early on. Certain Espers raise your ability stats if equipped while you gain a level. This is the only way to raise your ability stats.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Really I have not grinded at all this game. I think my highest guy right now is lvl 17 going into a place called Zozo.

So, I finished Zozo and found esper Terra and then got my first four espers of the game. Next I have to go to the empire with Celes. As has been my habit after every little storyline ends, I then headed to the Veldt to learn some more rages for Gau. It was then I realized a huge advantage of the Veldt:

You gain no experience.

Now I had known that before, but I regarded as an annoyance seeing as how all my grinding to get Rages for Gau would only net me the skill and money. With the Espers, though, I can now fight as much as I want on the Veldt, learn all of the spells off of them, and not have to worry about what ability points will go up because I will not level up. That will allow me to switch Espers with impunity in other parts of the world.

• 2 weeks later...

one tip i can give which will make the game a bit more enjoyable and trying not to give any spoilers is... Wait for Shadow. You will know when this is apropriate.

Im an FF vetern from 1 to 13 and thier respective sequals and spin offs. Although I have to admit i have never played any of the tactic games. Biggest advice for any ff title is grind until you can't stand it anymore.

FF9 is my favourte system, i loved learning from equipment and I think the game itself is highly under-rated. Hated 13 it was pretty much push "A" or "X" and move forward inbetween watching cutscenes and the less said abot 13-2 the better lol

• 1 month later...
I think that XII's battle system is about as perfect as it gets.

Oh man, someone who doesn't hate the battle system in XII! I loved it, although I was one for controlling each character individually rather than using gambits, but I never had any problems with it!

For me, the battle system in X was the best. I've yet to play VI, think I'll pick up Anthology for the PS1 :)

• 1 month later...

I couldn't finish 12 when I played it, I think Vaan is annoying. I started 6 several times as well, but have never been able to find the time to finish it, I want to but can't find the time.

I love 8, it's my favorite, 7 is a close second. I like 9 too. I have a thing with Final Fantasy games that I look at every single corner of the map.

I completely agree with your favorites. =o)

Archived