DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bair's vision prologue spoilers

Hyronimus

Finally read the prologue and had a though on Bair.

I'm predicting that we won't get to see Bair reveal her vision as a major part of the plot.

Instead, I think it's more likely that bair will see something different to what Avi saw, something far less disasterous for the Aiel. It possible Bair will feel compelled not to reveal everything she saw towards the end of the book when she and her experience finally reenteres the plot.

mostly i see it as a final note to let us know that 'things will work out'.

Bair can't channal, unless she gets pick up she's pretty much stuck far away from telling what she's seen.

I like the idea of the WOs beginning a tradition of going though the collums twice to further differentiate themselves from the AS as they become more entwined.

anyhoo, interested to hear thoughts on this little tit-bit.

It seems the kind of thing to come back somehow.

@Luckers Why would Bair not survive? I'm quite sure she is strong enough mentally which is all that's ever been required to survive the columns.

But I did find the whole thing strange too. The LB will clearly last just a few days and it takes at least a few days to pass through the columns. Whatever happens Bair seems to be out of the LB completely.

Also, they didn't set up any return mechanism for her. She can't channel herself and they didn't make any arrangement like Mat had with Grady.

I like the idea of the WOs beginning a tradition of going though the collums twice to further differentiate themselves from the AS as they become more entwined.

I don't think it will be twice. There is no point to showing the past any longer. It's just a history lesson. Avi remarked on that. It was the reason she went through the second time. I think Avi retuned the columns and now they will show the future (or maybe something else that the person passing through needs to see) on the first pass.

I think it more likely that Bair either will see nothing, or won't survive.

Avi only senses the use of ter'angreals so i don't see why it wouldn't work for someone else. not sure why she wouldn't suvive either.

@Luckers Why would Bair not survive? I'm quite sure she is strong enough mentally which is all that's ever been required to survive the columns.

But I did find the whole thing strange too. The LB will clearly last just a few days and it takes at least a few days to pass through the columns. Whatever happens Bair seems to be out of the LB completely.

Also, they didn't set up any return mechanism for her. She can't channel herself and they didn't make any arrangement like Mat had with Grady.

I don't think it will be twice. There is no point to showing the past any longer. It's just a history lesson. Avi remarked on that. It was the reason she went through the second time. I think Avi retuned the columns and now they will show the future (or maybe something else that the person passing through needs to see) on the first pass.

It may require the second pass through, but fair comment.

I liked Bair's idea of telling Aviendah to name one of her children something different than what she saw in the visions. That sealed it for me that the future can be changed.

+1 It got me thinking of a scene were Bair steps up to Avi and says "your children's name's are..."

Bair can't channal, unless she gets pick up she's pretty much stuck far away from telling what she's seen.
Being a Dreamwalker, she can 'report' without being actually present for the Last Battle.

Also she may be there for some other reason, like to report on what the rest of the Aiel are doing, or even the returning Shaido (not that I think that likely).

i also loved Beir Idea about changing the name of a children.

i LOVE how the WO handle the situation (they truely justify their name as WISE one) and i love that it is Beir who is the hero here (i like minor char beeing used instead of dropping ALL the action on the major chars)

Beir dont need to return she a dreamwalker and can report and advice directly from Rhihidin.

if the fight wil also be in Tar it wont prevent her from participating /helping

if the fight aint in Tar 1 100+ non channeling old woman wont affect the result that geatly :)))

Being a Dreamwalker, she can 'report' without being actually present for the Last Battle.

Also she may be there for some other reason, like to report on what the rest of the Aiel are doing, or even the returning Shaido (not that I think that likely).

Really didn't think about that :blush:

Still the convenience of using her as wrapping up plot-wise remains.

That's a very good point. I did not think of that.

I kind of doubt we'll see the Shaido again.

I liked Bair's idea of telling Aviendah to name one of her children something different than what she saw in the visions. That sealed it for me that the future can be changed.

The fact that Seanchan shed old names makes me nervous. Granted Aiel are not Seanchan, but considering the wheel's self-correcting mechanism, I'm not so hopeful the solution is that simple.

The fact that Seanchan shed old names makes me nervous. Granted Aiel are not Seanchan, but considering the wheel's self-correcting mechanism, I'm not so hopeful the solution is that simple.

Yes, the possibility of one of her children changing his/her name is the biggest and most obvious hole in Bair's idea. But then, I doubt that Bair thought that simply changing a name could forcibly alter the Aiel's course in a purely deterministic universe. It struck me as more of a token of encouragement to fend off Aviendha's despair.

Yes, the possibility of one of her children changing his/her name is the biggest and most obvious hole in Bair's idea. But then, I doubt that Bair thought that simply changing a name could forcibly alter the Aiel's course in a purely deterministic universe. It struck me as more of a token of encouragement to fend off Aviendha's despair.

yes it is the simplicity of the idea that would do the best work soothing Avi's fears, makes them seem almost rediculous haha.

the thought I had was, what if avi dies in birth and rand names them? It never said who chose the childrens names

Archived