DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim.....

Stevros

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I aint even read the damn prologue and I dont like it!

Hmm, I can't imagine why...

You're joking?

Indeed.

What am I guna say to Suttree?!?

Choose exile.

Or, and I'm sure your capable of it, come up with a convoluted way of keeping your theory alive.

You're joking?

Indeed.

Choose exile.

Or, and I'm sure your capable of it, come up with a convoluted way of keeping your theory alive.

You're joking?

Indeed.

Choose exile.

Fain had dead Ashaman with him, Im sure Moridin could summon a dead False Dragon

You're joking?

Indeed.

Choose exile.

You're joking?

Indeed.

Choose exile.

Fain had dead Ashaman with him, Im sure Moridin could summon a dead False Dragon

Seems plausible.

You're joking?

Indeed.

Choose exile.

Indeed, take the black. It's the honorable thing to do. ;)

Hahahaha I aint giving up yet, theres a whole book to set the record straight yet. If we dont get an outright revelation by the end of the epilogue, only then will it be over. In which case you'll find me in some dark corner somewhere whispering "He didnt read the notes, he didnt read the notes..."

I think it is exciting. It may give way to a new round of infighting between the Chosen. I think the reason this hasn't happened before now is that Moridish has held it all together by being Nae'blis, but lately we've seen that his already tenuous grasp on sanity is breaking so there may be a major power shift among the Chosen. Especially if the theories concerning Demy or Moridish returning to the light are true.

Fred

I think Ishamael just don't give a damn, the end is near and if the rest of the fools/Chosen want to bicker, whatever.

It is probably going to be Taim vs. Logain (Taim stands no chance against Jesus Rand). The Black Tower battle should be great.

Both are immensily strong in the Power, probably around 95% of LTT/Ishamael strength level. However, Taim has the skills advantage, but Logain has Min's vision of glory to come.

Taim is what Taim is.

I think it was important to RJ that he had someone in the books who was not some long lost evil reincarnate but, rather, a person from the current age that gets corrupted. A lesson that evil isn't some distant thing that comes around when you're not looking but could be all around you.

And, if nothing else, a change of pace from almost every really bad dude/chick just being one of the old Forsaken ... because most of the other Darkfriends of this age have been pretty lame ... except the ones that ended up trying to redeem themselves.

In my re-read, I have just finished LoC... I did think it interesting that Rand's escape from Elaida's AS and the Shaido was made possible by Taim. Taim arrived with the Asha'man just in the nick of time, despite having no real ability to find where Rand was being kept prisioner. In the epilogue, we then see Demandred appearing before the DO and essentially saying look at the choas I have caused.

Now not to say that this proves Demandred = Taim (I'm sure we've moved past that), but could at least point to a connection between them.

In my re-read, I have just finished LoC... I did think it interesting that Rand's escape from Elaida's AS and the Shaido was made possible by Taim. Taim arrived with the Asha'man just in the nick of time, despite having no real ability to find where Rand was being kept prisioner. In the epilogue, we then see Demandred appearing before the DO and essentially saying look at the choas I have caused.

Now not to say that this proves Demandred = Taim (I'm sure we've moved past that), but could at least point to a connection between them.

Here is what RJ had to say about this...

nterview: Jun 16th, 1995

East of the Sun Con - Karl-Johan Norén (Paraphrased)

Robert Jordan

On the Asha'man finding Rand in Lord of Chaos, he said that they knew where Rand was. How they did know he began with the following words: "Mazrim Taim is a paranoid S.O.B." [exact quote!]. When finding out of the disappearance of Rand, and a large bunch of Aiel from Cairhien, he followed the route from Cairhien towards Tar Valon by Traveling, until he encountered Elaida's Aes Sedai. From there, he brought in the Asha'man.

Interview: Jan 7th, 2003

COT Signing Report - David Funke (Verbatim)

Question

How did Taim track Rand down for the battle of Dumai’s Wells?

Robert Jordan

That ones easy, son! C’mon. At that point, Taim was trying to find him like the devil. He knew pretty much what had happened from the beginning. Things were happening. The Aes Sedai disappeared from Cairhien. Perrin disappeared. Rand disappeared. Taim had an idea that something very bad was going on, and when you can Travel it becomes easier to start tracking out where did these Aes Sedai go and Bingo, we got something very bad going on down here, and I’m gonna come and tear the house down. It’s very easy.

It would be an easy chose to start searching X far from Cairhein once you understand how long they had been gone, the general size of the party moving, the knowledge of the unit being able to moxe in a day, and that they were probably heading towards Tar Valon. Add to that how many A'shaman present that could Travel, so they could all be watching/searching as well.

Here is what RJ had to say about this...

nterview: Jun 16th, 1995

East of the Sun Con - Karl-Johan Norén (Paraphrased)

Robert Jordan

On the Asha'man finding Rand in Lord of Chaos, he said that they knew where Rand was. How they did know he began with the following words: "Mazrim Taim is a paranoid S.O.B." [exact quote!]. When finding out of the disappearance of Rand, and a large bunch of Aiel from Cairhien, he followed the route from Cairhien towards Tar Valon by Traveling, until he encountered Elaida's Aes Sedai. From there, he brought in the Asha'man.

Interview: Jan 7th, 2003

COT Signing Report - David Funke (Verbatim)

Question

How did Taim track Rand down for the battle of Dumai’s Wells?

Robert Jordan

That ones easy, son! C’mon. At that point, Taim was trying to find him like the devil. He knew pretty much what had happened from the beginning. Things were happening. The Aes Sedai disappeared from Cairhien. Perrin disappeared. Rand disappeared. Taim had an idea that something very bad was going on, and when you can Travel it becomes easier to start tracking out where did these Aes Sedai go and Bingo, we got something very bad going on down here, and I’m gonna come and tear the house down. It’s very easy.

As with so much that RJ writes and says, the D e v i l (or what closely resembles Him this side of Creation) is in de D evilt a i l s

both of these ideas have been much discussed. You might want to look up the old threads - I remember some fierce discussions on the subject.

I'm pretty sure that Taim was indeed the one who ordered Slayer to kill Rand in WH. He didn't have to be a Forsaken to do that and was the only one with a reason to disguise his face at that point.

Many people think that he was behind the attack on Algarin's manor too. It's possible but I still prefer Fain for that.

I don't think he was a Forsaken then. If he was why was he "in hiding as a Forsaken" for so long? The way he was introduced to the others there appears to be no reason at all.

Also, look at the way he was introduced

“We are few, now,” Moridin said. “We four, and the one who is punished most, are all that remain. By definition, that makes us the strongest.”

“Still, we are too few.” Moridin waved a hand, and a stone doorway appeared on the side of the platform. Not a gateway, just a door. This was Moridin’s dreamshard; he could control it. The door opened, and a man strode through it and out onto the platform.

Dark-haired, the man had the features of a Saldaean—a nose that was faintly hooked, eyes that tilted. He was handsome and tall, and Moghedien recognized him. “The leader of those fledgling male Aes Sedai? I know this man, Mazri—”

“That name has been discarded,” Moridin said. “Just as each of us, upon being Chosen, discarded what we were and the names men called us. From this moment on, this man shall be known only as M’Hael. One of the Chosen.”

It certainly sounds like he was just raised to the level of a Forsaken.

Lastly, if he was already one of the Forsaken back in KOD it would be very weird for him not to show up as one of the Towers in Egwene's dream in TOM.

And if he wasn't a Forsaken back in KOD then he could not have commanded the Myrddraal to do anything.

Archived