DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How long have you been a DMer and why did you join?

Ashaman Kovan

I did the same thing, always was discussing WoT related subjects, but then I migrated to debates and discussion. Apparently I was looking for a lot non-fiction stress and aggravation.

I fear if I go into debates and discussions I might never emerge

I joined a few months ago, I'd stumbled on here looking at theories for what might happen in the final book and for some reason decided to sign up. I think I wanted to discuss the said theories but I soon discovered that no one really talks about WoT :laugh:. I'm glad I joined though

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the same thing, always was discussing WoT related subjects, but then I migrated to debates and discussion. Apparently I was looking for a lot non-fiction stress and aggravation.

I joined a few months ago, I'd stumbled on here looking at theories for what might happen in the final book and for some reason decided to sign up. I think I wanted to discuss the said theories but I soon discovered that no one really talks about WoT :laugh:. I'm glad I joined though

It's true. You may come out, but you won't be the same. Oh, there is plenty of theory discussion in the WoT Discussion boards. Crazier and crazier theories everyday.

It's true. You may come out, but you won't be the same. Oh, there is plenty of theory discussion in the WoT Discussion boards. Crazier and crazier theories everyday.

I have the same misgivings you mention, I'd end up going too far somewhere

About WoT, I meant in the SGs, it's hardly ever mentioned :laugh:

I joined 11th October twennyten :) I fink I was googling the release date of ToM teh day before that, saw a huge site full of other WoT-lovers and craziness and went SQUUEEEEE!!!! :laugh:

Took a day before I wound up the courage to join an online site without my parents knowing >.>

Naughty naughty.

They found out a few weeks later when I emailed another friend who's read the WoT, with a link to DM >.<

I fear if I joined le discussions, I would have NO life left XD

And at this point I think I'd rather wait and be surprised by the last book, adds to le bittersweetness of it all :laugh:

I have the same misgivings you mention, I'd end up going too far somewhere

About WoT, I meant in the SGs, it's hardly e

ver mentioned :laugh:

Yeah, I've been banned once and it didn't make me feel great. I have to stay away from a lot of topics lol.

But yeah, as far as I know I think there's about one thread dedicated to the state of The Black Tower after AMofL. lol

I joined 11th October twennyten :) I fink I was googling the release date of ToM teh day before that, saw a huge site full of other WoT-lovers and craziness and went SQUUEEEEE!!!! :laugh:

Took a day before I wound up the courage to join an online site without my parents knowing >.>

Naughty naughty.

They found out a few weeks later when I emailed another friend who's read the WoT, with a link to DM >.<

And at this point I think I'd rather wait and be surprised by the last book, adds to le bittersweetness of it all :laugh:

Did you get in trouble?

Naughty naughty.

Did you get in trouble?

Bigtime. And it hasn't stopped since :darkone: I haz to be sneaky being on DM :P

I actually got banned for a month because of a debate in those boards.

I joined in 09 because I was depressed and bored. And found talya and meesh and dsage, and never left.

Well, I did leave. But that's beside the point

Yeah, it can get heated. And sometimes it seems like certain folks are allowed to get away with more than other folks. Oh well. It can still be enjoyable finding out where the line is and toeing it. I'm a fan of that.

Naughty naughty.

Did you get in trouble?

Bigtime. And it hasn't stopped since :darkone: I haz to be sneaky being on DM :P

Yeesh. Strict parents ehh? This is probably the least harmful thing on the internet besides My little pony memes. Though personally I find those very harmful.

Naughty naughty.

Did you get in trouble?

Yeesh. Strict parents ehh? This is probably the least harmful thing on the internet besides My little pony memes. Though personally I find those very harmful.

Most definatley :)

I joined in January of 2011... Didn't really get involved in anything until January of 2012, though. Mostly lurked in the general WoT discussions, occasionally made a smart-aleck comment or two.

It wasn't until I decided I wanted to start making sigs again (I used to do forum sigs for my old World of Warcraft guildies) and then I found Fiddlesticks, followed closely by mafia, that I really started getting involved.

That reminds me, I think I need a sig. I've seen some really badass looking ones, but I've no idea how to go about making one.

You can go to the signature requests forum and snag a premade one from the playground... or commission a new one if you have some ideas...

Or you can find someone whose siggy you like and find out who made it, and ask them privately...

Or in the siggy playground, Ithi has a "Make Your Own Siggy" thread to teach people how to make them.

Archived