DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's Next?

Jeannaisais

I know this is the question on everybody's mind right now after my promotion of being given the Band to take care of.

My immediate answer: get this show on the road.

However, this is going to take a lot of work from everyone here and an exceptional amount of work from me.

First things first, I do want to start over completely with all staff members. Besides myself, I believe there was only one other appointed staff member (who is welcome to reapply) but I would like to start this overhaul with fresh beginnings and new leadership definitely means some new things will be happening.

A few of the things I know I want to get started on immediately:

Regimental Leadership (how many? how long? jobs/duties? etc.?)

Senior Staff Members (do I need one or two? who is available to apply? etc.?)

How to have more about the books in the Band (activities/projects/ideas?)

Points/Raising System (how in the world do we get rid of this idiotic half points mess?)

And that is plenty to start with. I'll be posting polls/questionnaires tomorrow as I have the entire day off (hopefully, I do have an interview tomorrow morning for an instructional assistant position at a school and I'm not sure what will happen afterwards if they offer it to me!).

So, start thinking about those things and please please please share with me your ideas. I want to make the Band into a way that it will work exceptionally well, similar to how it was when I first joined this place.

So, let the overhaul begin!

Why ARE there "half-points"? Was this some vision from above idea that got Tried, then never trashed? It would seem fairly simply remedied. Though I'm probably missing something having been away for so long

May I suggest these 4 "issues" get threads in Campfires somewhere, so Band folk can discuss them "among ourselves"?

I will be posting threads for each of these in the campfires Manny. I wanted to give everybody a quick heads up about my initial plans and then post more detailed threads in the campfires. I will be posting discussions for each regiment on the specific regimental boards as well.

Alanna - glad to see you around here!

I can't dedicate as much time as I would like, but I am more than willing to pull me weight to try and get the Infantry in some semblance of order.

Would I be right in thinking that I'm the only active Blademaster in here? I know there are some still active on DM but are there any active in the Band?

I don't think so DS... I think you're ALL alone lol... And getting some serious discussion on the private boards should be good.. When I came back and saw half points... that's crazy for people trying to get points and especially for the person trying to count them.. I mean who the heck wants to have to deal with half points?? lol

I can't be doing with half pints, I prefer full pints... Even if you aren't talking abour beer, (Half pints is a term for short arses over here) I can't be doing with those either, Dwarfs and Midgets freak me out. Always getting under your feet and they are lucky enough to get a good look up womens skirts without pretending to pass out...

Hold on...

Points... POINTS? Ah... They're stoopid too

lol yeah the half points were created during one of my LOA's as well and then I took the XO position where I had to count points...grr I have hated counting half points!

I'm going to get threads up in other places today :biggrin:

I can't dedicate as much time as I would like, but I am more than willing to pull me weight to try and get the Infantry in some semblance of order.

Would I be right in thinking that I'm the only active Blademaster in here? I know there are some still active on DM but are there any active in the Band?

As far as I can tell, you're the only one that still around that I can remember. (You could slap Mysty into making some appearances I suppose, she might like it--the slapping). But I was certainly too lazy to become a BladeMaster, even though Tay kept bugging me too.

For that matter, I can't think of many old infantry that are ever still active on DM anymore besides you and Mysty (and I'm not even sure how active she isn anymore). But then, I'm not in very many orgs too keep tabs on who is around and who isn't.

tl;dr version: You're alone. All alone. I think I can vaguely remember some of the requirements if that's a problem (I don't have access to the private boards yet, to know what we've got. It's being taken care of though.)

Well, I will hopefully be around, I'm a new Infantry member. I really haven't done anything in the Infantry really, I sort of dropped off shortly after I joined. Partly because I was busy, partly because there wasn't much going on around here. But I'm hoping to stick around now!

Unless any remaining blademasters welcomed any new ones to the guild, the blademasters comprise of the following active and inactive members, in order of seniority (as far as I can tell from the blademaster archives):

Footman

Ashandarei

Taymist

Mystica

Kristine

F Horn of Valere

Kara J

Arrandion

Demonspawn

Daetirion is a Blademaster Hopeful.

I thought dicetosser1 was a Blademaster as well, though he is not listed in the archive... so it could be missing the last 2 or 3 members of the guild. All of the Blademaster names listed are also in the archive if anyone needs them!

Archived