DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

All staff please join me here.

Elgee

We need to shape up. Our activity levels are dropping by the month, as are our members, active role players and role plays. As staff, our first responsibility is to provide and generate activity. Some are doing more than can be expected of them (bless you!), but sadly others are not doing their part (including myself).

I am not going to point fingers here - that is not what this thread is about. I want to draw the line under the past, and hopefully start everyone off with a clean slate.

So, as matters stand now the following people are White Tower Role Playing staff:

Elgee, Rasheta, Amadine, Whitewolf, Kathleen, Keyholder, Mystica, Nyanna & Poetstorm.

Our jobs are to recruit role players, help them create bios, get those approved, help them through the req system, and then provide a place, information and sometimes ideas for them to role play, and above all, to Role Play. At the end of each month, we must report (you to me, and me to the Admins) what we have done to accomplish that.

Now obviously RL happens. I have been very understanding of that, and given people a lot of leeway. I will continue to give people leeway when I feel it is justified. Things have to improve, though. We function as a whole. When 1 spoke in the wheel goes wonky, eventually it trips the others up, and things go out of balance. That's when frustration sets in, tempers rise, people get antsy, fingers are pointed, shouting starts and dramas erupt.

There are usually solutions and compromises that can be reached. Not all people are equally good at or interested in all aspects of their job. Lor, Rashi and I already have an arrangement in place, for instance, as she has limited time but a lot to offer.

So, this is what I propose: I'm giving everyone 2 months to decide if they want to still be staff here, and to prove so by doing their jobs. If, by the 8th of October, not every single member as mentioned above (or their replacements, should they decide to step down) has done what they're supposed to and reported such, I will be stepping down as WTRPGL. If I can't motivate such an elite group as you, then I am doing something vastly wrong and don't deserve this position. I will be more than willing to hand the reins over to fresh hands and new blood.

I know I haven't been doing much at all since I got this job - yes, RL is crazy for me right now, and I can't get on the computer often to RP much but I'm not gonna make that an excuse now and just leave it at that.

I do want to make the effort and get involved in RP more, and help out as a member of staff. I thought I was good to go because my dad bought a new laptop but it arrived in NZ AFTER we departed for Chile >.<

But I think I can do it once we get home (23rd). I can always write stuff up/plan and then post it when I sneak on the other laptop with internet later...

I do have exam practice/end of year workload coming up faster than I would like, but I think I can achieve it once I get home - so, end August/September will be a good time for me to start trying to live up to my duties here.

I think part of my problem too is the NSW character... I dunno I don't find her very interesting and that may be making it hard for me to motivate myself to RP more. *shrug*

I need to get in contact with Poet, she had an awesome idea and I haven't been involving myself in that enough >.>

Edited by Nyanna al'Meara

I know you're busy at the moment and on LoA, Nyanna. I don't want you to feel pressured into doing things you really shouldn't be doing (school always comes first!).

If you don't like that NSW, maybe we can pick another one for you?

I don't fell pressured, I love RP but yes it's true school is really important for me now especially as it my last year >.>

But I will get back into RPing when I get home!

Is there another NSW? Maybe more info on the character too, etc. Thanelle just doesn't have much to go from :/

I am here. I am happy to continue on as Head of both the Black and Yellow Ajah. I will continue to be available and active as much as I can.

I really hope it doesn't come to you leaving Elgee; you do a wonderful job with this RP group. Again I think it's a matter of members not being active that is dragging it down, and I don't think they aren't active because of anything you have done. I think it is motivation, or lack thereof on the member's part. And I've seen many cases of attempts to motivate others that fail.

I don't see that as a failing on the one who tried. Basically, you give them the oppourtinity to succeed and are willing to do whatever you can to help them, but its up to them to actually do the work of it, and whether they do or not is on them, not on you. All you can be expected to do is be there and offer and you do. You have been a present Ammy, except where extreme incidents in your real life have taken you away for a while, but you have made arrangements for those times and you have come back and been active every time. It shouldn't fall to you to chase after every member and be their first contact for every IC or OOC moment.

That said, activity is extremely low and I'm sorry that my comment in the last topic to address this seems to have derailed/stopped it from continuing. It was not my intention, and I did try to add to the conversation and flow, but I understand that I may have scared away some people, so I would like to apologize for that.

I do think finding and keeping active staff will solve some problems, but it won't solve everything. It is a good start, and a necessary one at that.

Ultimately, I don't think that not being able to find people to fill the lower staff roles actively should mean that the staff who are active (the Ammy) should be the ones to suffer. I see no reason for you to step down just because no one else is motived to do the work of a staff position. If there is no one willing to be active in a secondary staff position now there is likely no one willing to be active in the primary staff position, and if there is I don't see how having a new DL will change the fact that no else is willing to be active secondary staff.

/my 2 cents.

Kat, you didn't derail the other thread *snuggles*

I appreciate the kind words. Please don't think I'm trying to use some kind of emotional blackmail here to get people active - I've just reached the end of my tether. If things improve, I might get my own motivation back, but if not, maybe someone else who's fresher and more eager than me, and has new ideas, would work better. I'm not willing to do this to myself anymore, though.

Please don't think I'm trying to use some kind of emotional blackmail here to get people active

I don't think you are. *snugs*

I don't have TOO much to say on this right now, because I have to go to bed. I just wanted you to know i'm here, I've seen it and will get back to it later.

I've just now seen this - was gone for the weekend.

Perhaps I should wait until later so that I can gather cohesive thoughts but I don't want to forget (have been doing a ton of that lately) so I'm posting now.

I have to say that lack of activity has been killer for me. I don't get motivated to post, or stay motivated to post when there isn't much going on. Certainly not pointing fingers, so please don't think that. But there do seem to be only a few of us active (though I know I haven't been of late) and there are only so many times we can post together or only so many ideas that we can come up with, ya know?

Recently I have been considering stepping down as I have just not had the energy to do anything outside of work (and even that is iffy), the gym, and making dinner (also sometimes doesn't get done lol). I certainly don't want these position because they are titles and if you feel like someone else needs to take over for me then that's fine - you can have them do so. ***I know you said you weren't pointing fingers at specific people and I'm not thinking you were at me, I am just talking.*** I love writing and I enjoy doing so with the people around here, but again it's the motivation factor for me (I'd like to blame it solely on the pregnancy, but Idk).

Interestingly, it seems that there are plenty of bios coming in, but not a lot of people stick around. Sure some of it could be because staff isn't around to answer questions, but I find that hard to believe as I know Rasi and Kat are active in that regard (and I used to be...see above paragraph lol). Is it possible that we could, in addition to lighting a fire under staff - change/alter the requirements? I know we want to ensure that those posting know what they are doing and are not godmodding and such but seeing as we only have about 10 active people, could we drop the reqs down a bit to possible encourage new writers to apply and stick around? I understand those reqs have been in place for a while and, again, have reason, but I guess they just seem a little...daunting. Even when I started, I looked at the list and was like, whoa. But I really wanted to get back into writing so I just put my head down and did them. I don't know. Please don't take offense to this, anyone. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone, am not mad, or upset anything - just spitballin' heh.

Anyway. I'll work on getting something written up. It's just difficult because I feel like there is only so much 4 of us can do, ya know? That looks whiny - also not trying to be that lol. Just realistic. I'll get something up before the end of the month.

Edited by keyholder21

I hated doing the reqs ... lol

I'm very much open to suggestions, there. I think it's sort of PSW policy that there must be at least some reqs, but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully Owen will be back from his LoA soon - maybe he can tell us.

I'm glad you're cutting me slack (THANKS FOR THAT!) and I really hope that I can step back up where I should be once things are settled after school starting up again. The baby is finally starting to sleep all night and go to bed at a decent time so I hope that will give me a good hour to be around more in the near future. *hugs*

Edited by U4ea

I hated doing the reqs ... lol

I'm very much open to suggestions, there. I think it's sort of PSW policy that there must be at least some reqs, but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully Owen will be back from his LoA soon - maybe he can tell us.

Me too *laughs*. I mean, I like writing, but I hated HAVING to do certain things you know?

Awesome with being open to suggestions about that :). I certainly don't think we should have NONE, just fewer and possibly different ones.

In other words, I AM sorry that i haven't been writing lately. I'm going to really try, even if it's just once a week heh.

Edited by keyholder21

There have to be some kind of requirements in place so that new people aren't totally lost. Usually they either need some guidance or have to learn to RP from scratch. If nothing else, they need to become familiar with the PSW's way of handling RP and their chosen RP Group's rules. Past that though, it's entirely the RGL's decision as to what they are, how many there are, the format they take and of what they consist.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to apologize as well for not paying enough attention to the RP side. I'll admit I want to, and that sometimes I feel a little lost-in-the-woods. :D I'd really like to get that RP idea I came up with going. So I'll go back to the PMs and try to get that going.

I'd also like to get my novice raised, but there hasn't been a saidar class in a while so I'm not sure where to go really. I thought of teaching one with my White sister but it's no fun RPing a class with yourself, so maybe I'd do that after I get Caillean raised.

So I'd love some guidance, and I promisee to try to find ways to be more active here. I'd really like to actually get to RP with all you guys. :D

I was wondering about that Elgee, but the classesweren't posted in since March so I hung back. :D I shall work on that this weekend. ^^

And Kat yep I haz an ickle novice too. :D

I am going to look back into that big RP idea as well this weekend, or possibly Thursday night. I'll try my best to step it up over here Elgee. :)