DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whoever was messing with the Bowl of Winds--THANK YOU

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen up! I will help you!

There's only one way to get your precious water.

I, your beloved Sword Captain, must simply make a small sacrifice to my good friends, the water gods, in the volcano!

My sacrifice goes in the volcano. The friendly gods eat up my sacrifice, and they're all like:

"Thank you for the sacrifice."

"Here, have another."

"No, I've had enough."

"I'll be insulted unless you have another."

"I don't want another sacrifice!"

"Look at you! You're skinny!"

"No! I've had enough, is that clear?!"

The gods eat the sacrifice.

They are grateful.

They give me some water, and then I give it to you.

*elgee shouts out* What?! Does it work?

*fnorrll* No! I mean, yes. Well, Aiel Heart?

*AH replies with a shrug* Ah, it's fifty-fifty.

We'll do it! *shout the people of the White Tower*

Excellent! *replies Fnorrll* Now all I need is someone who would like to go into the volcano and get eaten by gods. Any hands! Hands, anybody! EP, you, maybe?

Hurry up before we all come to our senses!

ROFLOL!

We may be getting some more rain again today. I sure wish I could finish mowing first but it takes awhile when you're dealing with acreage . . . *sighs* While our lawn mower was broken and before we borrowed one from my dad, the weeds took over the septic tank mound and it now looks like a miniature rainforest . . . :rolleyes: Since I can't use the tractor and bush hog on the whole acreage (like on the septic tank mound and the sodded part of the yard), it has really gotten away from us with the rain we've had lately.

We did have quite a thunderstorm.... And four houses down got struck by lightning and 3 firetrucks came in the middle of all of that.... BUT we are getting our precious water!!!!!!

I'm forgetting what green grass everywhere looks like.....

Yikes! There was a house west of here that got struck by lightning a couple days ago. Stay safe!

We actually didn't get any rain today. I figured we might not; it seems whenever we have a rain chance of over 50% it typically doesn't rain. But when it gets down to 30%, watch out! LOL! (not always but often)

• 3 weeks later...

Follow-up: there has been a bit more rain, the grass is actually greenish again, and there were thunderstorms on and off today.

What caused them you might ask. Did we sacrifice Firebird?

Actually no. Me and the little girl down the street discovered that the Water Gods will give us rain if we cartwheel across the yard.

Grammar is annoying

We've had LOTS of rain lately. Yesterday, I was begging to see the sun. Today I saw it. I am happy.

Hopefully, we'll have several more so all the lakes, ponds and creeks that formed on our property the last couple weeks will dry out. And we'll finally be able to mow the lawn.

Archived