DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whoever was messing with the Bowl of Winds--THANK YOU

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*sigh* I should never have run my mouth (or my fingers, in this case). It's raining. Again. *grumbles*

Please, rain, go to Oklahoma, for crying out loud, and help put out the fires!

XD but South Africa is 1,221,037 km2 and the continental U.S. is 8,080,464.3 km2.

Almost but not quite :P

SNOOOOOOW

So pretty to watch it fall, twirling and swirling and sparkling against a dark velvet sky.......

My youngest son's dog (a 10-lb Pomeranian) decided he wanted to play this morning when he went out during the brief time today that the sun was shining. He started playing in one of the deeper puddles and splashed around and dashed around and it was hilarious. Then he had to have a bath because he was filthy. I think it's cute that the furry little pipsqueak enjoys the water so much. :biggrin: I just hope he doesn't try his luck in the pond (it's at least 8 feet deep, if not more).

I guess the rain isn't so bad but lightning here gets really intense. On Monday, a man and his stepson were trying to get back to their boat after a storm blew up as they were walking on Shell Island. The man was carrying the boy, who had injured his ankle, on his back so they could get to the safety of the boat faster. They were struck by lightning; man was killed; his stepson (14 years old) died as a result of his injuries yesterday. :sad: Storms pop up so quickly here this time of year and can move in so fast. I was at Shell Island not that long ago and on the side we were on there is no shelter at all. It's not a good place to be during a thunderstorm . . .

Well, I left work early because I still felt like ick (not much sleep due to horrendous headache). Stopped by the feed store for hay and shavings (horses' run-in is a mucky mess). Got home, got the tractor to put hay and shavings in barn, decided to put some pelleted shavings in the run-in first to soak up the puddles and lo and behold another freaking thunderstorm rolls in and I had to make a dash for the house. The horses are still in muck (got 2 bags of pelleted shavings down but not nearly enough to soak up the water) in the run-in shelter so as soon as this passes, I'll have to slosh out there again to add more. Oh, and I can't tell you how often I almost lost my boots in the muck and came close to doing a face-plant in the muck until I regained my boot and my balance. Arrrrrrrgh! NO MORE RAIN!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived