DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So you know that scene in LotR when...

Lessa Nikia

The Fellowship is canoeing down a river? I get to go do that! Well not the same place as they filmed it but I am going on a canoeing trip. I thought of the reference not too long ago and have been making jokes about how we should have swords, arrows, awesome cloaks, etc. However I keep getting weird looks because of it. *sigh* So instead I thought to share my nerdiness with you guys. If you have any jokes, stories, etc that you'd like to share about LotR or to reference the one scene, go ahead! :biggrin:

I once skateboarded down an elephant.

:dry:

I've always wanted to do a long canyon trip like that. They have one in France, near to where my family live and we were due to do it about 4 years ago, but then a couple of other things came up instead. I would still like to do it one day though.

:ohmy: Lessa I almost got a heartattack, I thought you were really coming to NZ!!! :P But still lucky yoo! Have fun, and remember when teh rock in the middle of the river appears, get out cos there´s a waterfall coming up :wink::laugh:

Unfortunately I haven´t seen much because a lot of the filming was on the North Island.

I´ve heard that Hobbiton is unfortunately only concrete constructions left, not the real Hobbit holes anymore...but still, tis purty cool!

A mountain in my close area was teh place where they hid from the crows in FotR, you know where Merry&Pippin were ´fighting´ with Boromir and threw an apple at Aragorn where it hurts when he tried to intervene :laugh:

Also, I know Legolas´ and Gimli´s horse (Arod):

legolas_bow_riding_tn.jpg

His name´s Percy and he loves peanuts :biggrin:

My brother´s teachers´ son is the stunt double of Fili... :laugh:

Archived