DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What can we do....

• 2 weeks later...

Are all groups dying or it is just this one? Could it be related to the impending death of series? Aging of the population?

If other groups are still active; why? Do they have a core set of people who advertise what they are and where they play? Do they have more exciting games/quests/etc?

I haven't seen a link to a Band thread in the year or so i've been reading the weekly roundups, WT, Aiel, Kin, Ogier all seem to get links with some regularity. Can we invade them?

I think it has a lot to do with lack of advertisement for the Band and also a lack of proper leadership for quite some time....thus why we are in the process of finding a new social group leader. For the time being I've been given permission to be the interim social group leader until a new one is properly appointed.

The lack of leadership is part of the reason I haven't been around....couldn't really do anything without Corki giving the go ahead and kept avoiding doing so...*shrugs* Looking forward to getting some new and fresh stuff in here though!

In that case Tyzack - once you can see the remaining boards I'd love to see you put in comments on our current activity threads.

Also...as a newbie to the Band - what activities do you think we should have?

Well, the original reason i posted here was because this seemed to as close as DM had to a trape-(file)-sharing community.

Without breaking too many laws, would it be possible to start a taper thread? (generally speaking legal traded tapes, but if a few pirated versions get in there...ooops?) [or maybe not oops, depending on the view of the DM staff, or maybe it's just too risky?]

The Band is all about taverning and having a good time, is there a place to post things like:

http://drinkcraftbeer.com/summerfest

A craft beer festival in Sommerville, MA, but it looks to be a "touring" event.

In terms of "the finest fighting force in all of randland" could we do something like "On this month in <year> there was the battle of <place> between <forces>. If you were commanding the band (furnished with weapons and comparable forces of the time) which side would the band take? How would it fight? Would it win? [etc]"

I'm not sure how that would work - historical rp maybe - who knows.

Anyway, those are my ideas.

Also, a form i used to be on (www.thebreakfast.info, which is more than dead), used to have an event called the "Tournament of Tunes." It was held every march, in time with march madness, and users would suggest songs that they wanted, and the mods would rank and bracket them like the NCAA teams, then we would vote for our favourte songs...

It turned into things like "Team Gladys forever!" (Gladys Pimps and Kangaroos With me, my favourite version:

http://archive.org/details/breakfast2008-04-18.483.flac16 ), etc, etc.

I dunno, that might be fun here too...but it looks like you already have this idea with the "It's a Knockout" thing...

I'm afraid your sharing music Idea probably wouldn't be received well by the Administration.. They are sticklers for keeping Copyright laws. It's too easy to be caught and prosecuted these days and we definitely don't want to be "stealing" someone's music...

But the rest of the ideas sound pretty good... The tournament of tunes definitely sounds interesting and the fighting rp thing is actually kinda like a discussion we did YEARS ago I think.... but I think your format might draw more people... Definitely some good ideas

The closest we have to sharing is doing our What are you listening to thread so that people can either listen to what you've been listening to or look it up. We do have a lot of music stuff but tend to stick to what's been posted on youtube to avoid any legality issues. And I'm not entirely sure what led you to believe we had anything resembling file-sharing. The administration is very protective of security and doesn't want anyone to get in trouble.

The RP sounds similar to the Quest that we used to have that I am debating bringing back but that will probably have to wait until a new leader is officially decided upon.

And we're always open to suggestions for new themes for It's a Knockout!

• 2 weeks later...

We used to do some informal RP on the ProBoards. We did it there because of restrictions placed on RP outside of what are now the RP umm..Groups?

If we had Mysty in here or Tay we might get some clarification on that if anyone cared to travel that road.

Even though I am a former "Bands Game Leader" I don't remember much of the rules. I'm going to have to go in there and snoop around a bit. It's possible though some of it could be "loosened up a bit", meaning more casual/informal. Not without discussion though.

"Footy" and I had some epic tussles in the Arena of Death, a couple of which (well at LEAST one) we did entirely in JotS verses using "Sword Forms" (some of which Footy invented on the spot) and "Pirate Forms".

I remember reading through your JotS fight - very entertaining.

And idk the rules on bringing the Quest back but it'd be good to look into.

And as you can see....haven't had much happen in the Game for a while but you're more than welcome to challenge me if you're up to it (I thik all of the info is up to date....it might just need started over so everyone's on the same page with so many newer members!)

Archived