DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

new weaves

valic

i didnt see any threads on this so here i go .

seeing how you can do almost anything using the true source other then flying and bringing back the dead what is a weave you would create that hasn't been in the books?there are so many that i could think of i don't know where to start but i would go with some new fire weave or lightning and maybe some new healing weave

+1 to the topic of this thread. I always thought that there should be a sect dedicated to developing new weaves. (i.e. an Orange Ajah or something to that effect) If I was a Channeler in Randland, I would spend a lot of time just seeing what I could do with the One Power and hopefully not kill myself in the process.

I have to agree. Does anyone else think that this could be something we could do with RP'ing? I mean, it seems that the basic powers can be molded however, but if a person wants to do something specific with the power it should be available to them with a bit of thought and effort.

For instance:

Spirit wove together with Earth and water: Grow existing plants?

Fire with Air: firestorms?

Air and Spirit: projection of images or sounds?

Water and Fire: steam?

Water, Fire, and Air: a funnel of steam?

There are really a ton of weaves that are similar enough to what they have now that we can almost be certain they won't hurt the chaneller and yet none are really being used. This is all pretty conventional even.

i thought this would be a great idea i hope we will see some feed back from other members .i was thinking of a weave that would allow you to move faster,something along the lines of spirit,air and maybe earth?have a great morning

Aside from the obvious clean-the-apartment weave and clean-the-dish weave I think I would experiment with different mood changing weaves. Some people can dominate a whole room and when they are irritated or angry everyone becomes uncomfortable. If I could just change that with a weave.

I would also like to make myself invisible or be able to fly. I could need a weave that enhances my memory too. lol

Some people can dominate a whole room and when they are irritated or angry everyone becomes uncomfortable. If I could just change that with a weave.

Or burning brass!  (Go go Mistborn!)

Hoorah to that! Zinc would work too. What about some weave of fire to make electricity? It'd make Tomas al'Edison's job easier.

ironeyes-now that i think about it you are right but i cant recall what book it was in though.

heres a weave i thought a few nights ago.

spirit,water and air -a barrier of a mist that is used around a camp site and if any lesser creatures of the DO were to cross the barrier they are frozen for a short time

Archived